Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276
Results 2,751 to 2,758 of 2758

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    The thing is that, some of those effects are like new mechanics. Especially the Jolt Escargot one.

Also, I have some questions:

Spoiler Alert!

So, the fusion summoning is mandatory?

Spoiler Alert!

So, which one is correct?
    A. The "must always tribute a monster WHEN summoning this card" means that the card touches the field first and then the effect activates (Like Summoner Monk)
    OR
    B. In order to summon this card, you must tribute a monster first. (Which means that the "Otherwise destroy this card" part may not be needed)

I can try to give some suggestions and rewrite some of those effects if you want.
    Yes it is mandatory.

"A" is correct. You can Special Summon or Flip Summon first, then you must tribute or face destroying the card. Though this makes it look like you'd need to tribute twice in the process of Normal Summoning which wasn't my intention so I may rephrase that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    A bit convoluted, but very intriguing.
    Bolt Escargot's flavor text is
    After rendering an opponent immobile by spitting a sticky goo, this monster closes in for the attack.
    In my attempts to imagine this happening, I came up with it's main effect of "paralyzing" the monster in front of it and then attacking. Getting to play with field positioning(which to me is the one good thing that came out of the Vrains field format) was just a bonus. Flipping it face-down allows it to trigger it to re-use it's immobilizing effect by flip summon and the belated call out to other snails that take forever to ooze onto the field. Also, the standby phase summoned Escargot monster can be used as a tribute for Jolt's flip summon.

I like to imagine a bunch of electric snails sliding around the field immobilizing victims and feasting upon their helpless bodies then migrating and retreating back into their shells(flip face-down).

I have no real explanation for the choice of restriction effect aside from "It's unusual, but the whole card is unusual so why not?"
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 6 Days Ago at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    "A" is correct. You can Special Summon or Flip Summon first, then you must tribute or face destroying the card. Though this makes it look like you'd need to tribute twice in the process of Normal Summoning which wasn't my intention so I may rephrase that.
    Ok.
    But, there are more problems.
    Spoiler Alert!

1. You said that A is correct. So, is the tribute effect an unchain-able effect or a trigger effect?
    If it's a trigger effect, there will be 2 trigger effect piled 1 another and happens at the same time (The tribute effect and change ATK to 0 effect)
    My suggestions are either:
    a. Combine the tribute and "change the atk to 0" to 1 effect
    b. Change the "change the atk to 0" effect to a "once, while this face-up card is on the field" ignition effect.

2. The effect said "You must tribute a monster" which means that it can tribute itself. So, my suggestion is either it tributes other monster you control or it shouldn't destroy itself (since it will tribute itself eventually if it's the only monster you control. This effect is a must/mandatory anyway)

3. I think that the "Change ATK to 0" effect will be pretty convoluted if it's put in PSCT
    Because this "nearest" part is kinda quirky to interpret.
    Is it Main Monster Zone only? Does it affect monsters in Extra Zone?
    Maybe also need to put "your choice if tied" (the nearest one) text.

4. The last effect (special summon escargot) is kinda... weird. It will be a ruling mess to be honest, and abuse-able without a hard once per turn.
    I suggest that you see Majespecter Cat as a reference (When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Majespecter" card from your Deck to your hand during the End Phase of this turn.) and give it a hard once per turn
    or
    maybe you banish the card first, then special summon it (See Gold Sarcophagus)

Sorry if my critics are a bit much. I'm not trying to make you down or anything. I know that you worked hard to design those cards. But YGO right now is pretty convoluted. So, maybe the designs should be on point if you're getting what I'm saying. Cheers.
    Last edited by Eternalight; 5 Days Ago at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    Ok.
    But, there are more problems.
    Spoiler Alert!

1. You said that A is correct. So, is the tribute effect an unchain-able effect or a trigger effect?
    If it's a trigger effect, there will be 2 trigger effect piled 1 another and happens at the same time (The tribute effect and change ATK to 0 effect)
    My suggestions are either:
    a. Combine the tribute and "change the atk to 0" to 1 effect
    b. Change the "change the atk to 0" effect to a "once, while this face-up card is on the field" ignition effect.

2. The effect said "You must tribute a monster" which means that it can tribute itself. So, my suggestion is either it tributes other monster you control or it shouldn't destroy itself (since it will tribute itself eventually if it's the only monster you control. This effect is a must/mandatory anyway)

3. I think that the "Change ATK to 0" effect will be pretty convoluted if it's put in PSCT
    Because this "nearest" part is kinda quirky to interpret.
    Is it Main Monster Zone only? Does it affect monsters in Extra Zone?
    Maybe also need to put "your choice if tied" (the nearest one) text.

4. The last effect (special summon escargot) is kinda... weird. It will be a ruling mess to be honest, and abuse-able without a hard once per turn.
    I suggest that you see Majespecter Cat as a reference (When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Majespecter" card from your Deck to your hand during the End Phase of this turn.) and give it a hard once per turn
    or
    maybe you banish the card first, then special summon it (See Gold Sarcophagus)

Sorry if my critics are a bit much. I'm not trying to make you down or anything. I know that you worked hard to design those cards. But YGO right now is pretty convoluted. So, maybe the designs should be on point if you're getting what I'm saying. Cheers.
    1. Looking into prioritized timing of the tribute effect.

2. Good catch. I don't really need that destruction sentence, then. In fact, I'm going to try revising the entire angle to this effect's concept.

3. There shouldn't be any confusion out of that. It doesn't say "Main Monster Zone". It says "in the same column". If it is in a column with an Extra Monster Zone and a monster is occupying that zone, that is the nearest opponent's monster in the same column. Unless you are questioning if the opponent's monster is being controlled by the controller of Jolt and thus on the same side of the field. If that is your confusion, I have rephrased the effect to say "monster your opponent controls".

4. The delayed Special Summon effect is inspired by Steel Scorpion's delayed destruction effect. It does not trigger card effects that would activate in response to an effect that Special Summons because the monster isn't being summoned until later. The summon itself can still be responded to at the time that it actually happens. I have added a OPT, but not as hard.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 5 Days Ago at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. There shouldn't be any confusion out of that. It doesn't say "Main Monster Zone". It says "in the same column". If it is in a column with an Extra Monster Zone and a monster is occupying that zone, that is the nearest opponent's monster in the same column. Unless you are questioning if the opponent's monster is being controlled by the controller of Jolt and thus on the same side of the field. If that is your confusion, I have rephrased the effect to say "monster your opponent controls".

4. The delayed Special Summon effect is inspired by Steel Scorpion's delayed destruction effect. It does not trigger card effects that would activate in response to an effect that Special Summons because the monster isn't being summoned until later. The summon itself can still be responded to at the time that it actually happens. I have added a OPT, but not as hard.
    3. Ah, crap. I think I misunderstood that.
    I thought that if there are no monster in the same column, it will target the nearest monster adjacent to that main monster zone.
    My bad.

4. Ah, I see.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be posting Booster 6 cards on Saturday. But right now I'm trying to figure out what Booster 7 cards I should work on. I think one will be Monster Tamer. What do you guys think should be the rest?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be posting Booster 6 cards on Saturday. But right now I'm trying to figure out what Booster 7 cards I should work on. I think one will be Monster Tamer. What do you guys think should be the rest?
    You usually do 6, yes?

Megazowler because I'm biased, but also Jellyfish, either King of Yamimakai or Metal Guardian, either Grappler or Ryu-Kishin Powered, Bickuribox, and Stone Dragon.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    You usually do 6, yes?

Megazowler because I'm biased, but also Jellyfish, either King of Yamimakai or Metal Guardian, either Grappler or Ryu-Kishin Powered, Bickuribox, and Stone Dragon.
    I usually do 5. I did 6 once for the extra Doriado card and followed with the whole multi-attribute Doriado archetype.

Thought I had done Bickuribox before but I cant find it so looks like I will definitely do that one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay guys. Here is Booster 6. And now we are 2 sets away from completing this journey through Series 1.

And now you've got a new Penguin monster. Here is Penguin Soldier's commanding officer. Next we have a couple of Bugroth cards. A retrain of Sentinel of the Seas who is the pilot for the Bugroth mechs. I was always curious about the concept of this archetype as it is essentially "Mechs for Mermaids". Anyway, you win a no-prize if you correctly identify the concept behind the new fusion's effect. Then we have the new Mystical Sand who was said to turn her enemies to stone and then disintegrate them into so much 'snap material'.

Penguin Commander
    [Aqua/Flip/Effect]

Flip: Target 1 face-up card on the field and return it to the Deck, then Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Penguin" monster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position. If a "Penguin" monster you control would be destroyed: You can banish this card in your GY to negate that destruction and flip it to face-down Defense Position if it is face-up.
    ATK/1500 DEF/1000

Super Sentinel of the Seas
    [Aqua/Effect]

This card's name is treated as "Sentinel of the Seas" while face-up on the field or in the GY. When this card is summoned: You can add 1 "Bugroth" monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed by battle: You can send 1 "Sentinel of the Seas" from your Deck to the GY to negate that destruction.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1000

Amphibious Bugroth - MK Ultra
    [Aqua/Fusion/Effect]

1 "Bugroth" monster + "Sentinel of the Sea"
    Must first be Fusion Summoned. You can control only 1 "Amphibious Bugroth - MK Ultra". While "Umi" is on the field, twice per turn: You can change the Battle Position of a face-up monster on the field. If you change the Battle Position of a monster your opponent controls with this card's effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK of that monster. You can can change the Battle Position of an opponent's monster with this card's effect only once per turn. If this card is destroyed and there is a "Sentinel of the Seas" in your GY: Special Summon a "Amphibious Bugroth" from your Extra Deck (this is treated as a Fusion Summon) and it gains 200 ATK for each "Sentinel of the Seas" in your GY.
    ATK/2600 DEF/2300

Mistress Witch of Sands
    [Rock/Fusion/Effect]

1 Rock monster with 2000 DEF + 1 "Elf" Spellcaster monster
    This card is also treated as a Spellcaster monster. This monster deals Piercing Battle Damage. Once per turn and when a monster your opponent controls targets this card(by battle or card effect): You can switch that monster to Defense Position and if you do, negate all of its effects. Also, it becomes a Rock monster. Monsters in Defense Position by this card's effect cannot switch Battle positions. Once per turn: You can send 1 Rock monster in Defense Position by this card's effect to the GY and inflict damage to your opponent's LP equal to its original DEF. Cannot Battle the turn this effect is used. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Mystical Sand" from the Extra Deck, but it is Banished when it is destroyed. Also, it deals Piercing Battle Damage.
    ATK/2100 DEF/1700

Fusion Superior
    Normal Spell

This card's effect cannot be negated. Target 1 "Polymerization"/"Fusion" Normal Spell card in your Deck(except "Fusion Superior"): Send the target card to the GY and if you do, this effect becomes that card's until it leaves the field. While this card is in your GY, if a Fusion Summoned monster you control would be returned to the Extra Deck by a card effect(except it's own): Banish a "Polymerization"/"Fusion" Spell card in your GY to negate the effect; your monster remains on the field.

Okay, so next up is Volume 7 cards:
    Mechanical(Cyber) Soldier - the guards of Machine King
    D.D. Warrior- D.D.(not D/D) support
    Saggi the Dark Clown- Virus/Dark Clown support?! Beware of evil clowns and the diseases they carry.
    Dark Elf - There must be balance in the force AKA 2 elves are 2 girls and 2 close 2 not be 1
    Germ Infection- Pretty soon we'll need a CDC card to deal with all this.

Oh, don't forget, guys. I'm still looking for 3 more suggestions for Booster 7 cards.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 1 Day Ago at 11:10 PM.