Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2828

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Superspies
    Wait, with that wording 005 and 006 can be Summoned by destroying your opponent's monsters. Getting such a free destruction effect on a decent body (in the case of 006) seems a bit much. Also, 006's Graveyard manipulation effect can lead to some wonky clean-up after the duel/match if both players are using the same sleeves. There's a reason cards always (I think?) go to their owners' Graveyards instead of their controllers'.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend came up with this general idea. I decided to refine it.

Manah the Akashic Sage
    DARK
    Spellcaster-type/Effect
    Level 4
    1100 / 1100
    'This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Spell Card in either player's Graveyard. You can banish 1 Spell Card from your hand or Graveyard; this card is unaffected by other card effects until the End Phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. You can only activate each effect of "Manah the Akashic Sage" once per turn.'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho Overlord - Jinzo Master
    DARK/Rank 8
    Psychic/Xyz/Effect
    ATK/2900 DEF/1700
    2 Level 8 DARK Monsters
    You can Also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 7 Xyz Monster you control. While this card is Face-up on the field: Face-up Trap cards have their effects negated, and neither Player can Actviate Trap cards. Once per turn during either Player Turn: You can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Until the end of this turn, Neither Player can Special Summon Monsters.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
    Wait, with that wording 005 and 006 can be Summoned by destroying your opponent's monsters. Getting such a free destruction effect on a decent body (in the case of 006) seems a bit much. Also, 006's Graveyard manipulation effect can lead to some wonky clean-up after the duel/match if both players are using the same sleeves. There's a reason cards always (I think?) go to their owners' Graveyards instead of their controllers'.
    Thinking outside of the box. Worry about the clean up later. 'Tis not the card effect's fault if you can't identify your own cards after the match.

And yes, 005 and 006 can be summoned by destroying your opponent's monster. I wanted it to work that way. They cannot be summoned at all without destroying a monster. You usually want to go for your opponent's monsters if you want to clear a field but if they have none -or none that can be destroyed- then your going to have to destroy one of your own, which would also be good anyway since all 7 of them have an effect that activate upon destruction. SO, your choice, do you need to clear your opponent's field or do you need access to your Agent's destruct effects? This was also conceived with the idea of placing your opponent in a no-win situation regarding the forced summon of the higher level Agents, they can either blow up their own monster or destroy one of your on-field Agents and activate it's destruct effect. Though if there are no monsters that your opponent can blow-up, he is saved... for the moment.

I still have to design the last Agent 007 but he will also have the summon requirement of 005 and 006, only it will be two monsters. With a 3200/2500 stat, he'll be summoned in Defense Position and he won't be able to attack directly and any battle damage involving him will be halved.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 10th July 2016 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atomic Clock
    Normal Spell
    Effect: Roll a 6 sided die once, then lose 1000 LP x the result; move the turn count forward by the result. The current turn continues as normal.

White Rabbit of Time
    Earth/Level 1/Beast/Effect
    100/1000
    Effect: Once per turn, when this card is Normal or Special Summoned: move the turn count forward by 1. Once per turn, if a card on the field counts phases for its effect when this card is Normal or Special Summoned, flip a coin, and apply the following effect according to the result:
    *Heads: Increase the number of phases counted by 1.
    *Tails: Reduce the number of phases counted by 1.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herald of Dichromatic Light
    LV 2 | LIGHT | [Fairy/Effect/Pendulum]
    300 / 500 | <1 | 1>
    Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, if your opponent Pendulum Summons a Pendulum Monster(s): You can destroy this card and discard 1 Fairy-Type monster; negate the Summon and shuffle that monster(s) into the Main Deck.
    Monster Effect: During either player's turn, if your opponent activates any effect of a Pendulum Card: You can discard this card and 1 other Fairy-Type monster in your hand; negate the activation, and if you do, banish it.

Herald of Achromatic Light
    LV 2 | LIGHT | [Fairy/Effect/Pendulum/Normal]
    300 / 500 | <3 | 3>
    Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, if a monster is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by the effect of a Fairy-Type "Herald" monster: You can add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right, I've thought over what I want the next contest to be, and I've decided that the next theme will be... *drum roll*

Design an archetype based on an ancient civilization!

The archetype can have any sort of gimmick you want, as long as it is based, in some form, on an ancient civilization. For the purposes of this challenge, an ancient civilization is one that existed at 0 A.D. at the most recent. In other words, your time frame is 0 A.D. to the beginning of civilization. You should probably aim for 5-10 cards in your archetype, but if you want to make more, go ahead! Bonus points if you make your archetype as historically accurate as you can, but don't think that it's a requirement.

Other than that (and the usual "don't make it really OP"), the only other rule is: don't make it offensive, i.e., if you were to do, say, Ancient Egypt, don't portray them as a bunch of turban-wearing terrorists. It's not only offensive, but grossly inaccurate.

Also, please use the hashtag #AncientCaC, so that I can find them better. Happy card-creating! =)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojin View Post
    For the purposes of this challenge, an ancient civilization is one that existed at 0 A.D. at the most recent. In other words, your time frame is 0 A.D. to the beginning of civilization.
    This means that the Roman Empire is out of the question, doesn't it? (Its beginnings were around the end of BC/start of AD.)
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which major world civilizations were around prior to 0 A.D.?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, I can't do dinosaur related stuff this time...well, time for plan b.
    Sanokal