User Tag List

Page 266 of 267 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2664

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just stating how Konami has set the bar up until now. Link ratings have been roughly equivalent to double that number in levels, as far as ATK range is concerned. In other words, Link 2 are roughly equivalent to Level 4, Link 3 ~ Level 6, and Link 4 ~ Level 8.

Konami may change this tendency at any time, but has been somewhat consistent up until now.

But, if you want my opinion, the number of materials is not the only factor. Generally speaking, Rank 7 monsters with two materials deserve more ATK than Rank 2 with two materials, because they demand higher leveled materials. Link-2 monsters usually don't demand a high level, you can even use level 1 monsters. Links don't even demand mathing levels, unlike XYZ. So 2 materials is much cheaper and laxer for Links than for any other kind of summon, so Link-2 doesn't deverve the ATK range of a Level 6 monster in most cases, in my opinion. But it really depends on the materials requirement.

P.S.: There is also the fact that the protagonist's ace is a Link-4 which is another reason to think about Link-4 as roughly equivalent to Level 7 or 8 monsters. His sub-ace, Decode Talker, is often describbed as equivalent to Junk Warrior, which was Level 5, setting Link-3 in the range of Level 5~6. This leaves Link-2 in the Level 3~4 range too. But this is just my interpretation.

P.P.S.: That said, the whole point of my observation on Red-Eyes Soul was that it probably was not intended to give DARK decks a bigger beatstick that other attributes can achieve with Link-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    Also, monsters used for a Ritual Summon are normally Tributed (while on the field or hand), not used, unless they are in the Deck or banished.
    Well, if they are Tributed then they are "used", as far as Ritual Summoning is concerned. Reversely, "used" for Ritual Summon is not necessarily Tributed.

Originally, there was no need for such concept because all Ritual Summons were performed with Tributes, but nowadays that's not always the case. The only way to talk about both Tributed and non-Tributed in the context of Ritual Summon, is "used". Read Vendread Revenants: "A "Vendread" monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains this effect." This applies even if it is Tributed, because it counts as being "used" for the Ritual Summon.

There is also the word "requirement", but that's only been used in the specific context of "this card can be used as the whole requirement", which used to be "the whole Tribute" in Ginshki Shadow and Vision, but they received Errata to read "requirement", like Shurit.
    Last edited by Link-0; 6 Days Ago at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    I was just stating how Konami has set the bar up until now. Link ratings have been roughly equivalent to double that number in levels, as far as ATK range is concerned. In other words, Link 2 are roughly equivalent to Level 4, Link 3 ~ Level 6, and Link 4 ~ Level 8.

Well, if they are Tributed then they are "used", as far as Ritual Summoning is concerned. Reversely, "used" for Ritual Summon is not necessarily Tributed.
    Well, Rank 7 monsters generally have better effects than Link 2 monsters, but all your points are pretty good and make a lot of sense.

Well, I realized my mistake about Rituals in my comment and removed it before you posted, maybe you didn't see it. I know "used" includes "Tributed", just forgot it for a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea. And the marketing introduction made me laugh.

2400 ATK with almost generic recipe may be excessiv for a Link-2. This belongs in the ATK range of a Link-3. I'd change the recipe in a way that makes it less generic. I know it would go against the trend of Link VRAINS to make almost generic recipes, but, still, Gladiator Beast Dragacius broke it already.

Do you really require the original Normal "Gaia the Fierce Knight"?

Small nitpick:

No need to except Ritual Summons, because monsters used for a Ritual Summon are not used as materials, they simply "used".

That's quite the verbose card. But I like the idea. It makes Vijam as an important piece (as it was in the movie) to keep this card stick on the field long enough to banish 3 Crimson Nova for the last effect.
    First of all, I agree with the ATK argument. I don't really use Link Monsters outside of some generic body to make my old decks work, so I don't really know how easy are them to summon and how powerful they really are. Your points are accurate, I'll fix my post.
    Of course, BLS Link doesn't require the OG Gaia, I forgot to put the "monster" clause!
    And about the verbose effect of Moksa, I'll fix it as well.

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope someone will continue my idea and create 4 link monsters for the other three animated series (GX, 5Ds, Zexal). My picks were:
    - GX: Neos, CyDra, Dark World, Arcana Force.
    - 5Ds: Synchron/Stardust, T.G., Morphotronic, Nordic.
    - Zexal: Gimmick Puppet, Umbral Horror, Battlin' Boxer, Heraldic Beast.
    But whatever, you may pick whatever deck you like!
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    First of all, I agree with the ATK argument. I don't really use Link Monsters outside of some generic body to make my old decks work, so I don't really know how easy are them to summon and how powerful they really are. Your points are accurate, I'll fix my post.
    Of course, BLS Link doesn't require the OG Gaia, I forgot to put the "monster" clause!
    And about the verbose effect of Moksa, I'll fix it as well.

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope someone will continue my idea and create 4 link monsters for the other three animated series (GX, 5Ds, Zexal). My picks were:
    - GX: Neos, CyDra, Dark World, Arcana Force.
    - 5Ds: Synchron/Stardust, T.G., Morphotronic, Nordic.
    - Zexal: Gimmick Puppet, Umbral Horror, Battlin' Boxer, Heraldic Beast.
    But whatever, you may pick whatever deck you like!
    Did these off the top of my head for ZEXAL.

Gimmick Puppeteer
    Link-2 DARK Machine Link Effect Monster
    ATK/1000
    BL, BR
    2 “Gimmick Puppet” monsters
    This linked card cannot be targeted for attacks. Once per turn: You can Special Summon up to 2 “Gimmick Puppet” monsters that have Levels from your GY to your zones this card points to.

Heraldic Beast Griffin
    Link-2 WIND Winged Beast Link Effect Monster
    ATK/1900
    L, B
    2 “Heraldic Beast” monsters
    When this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 “Heraldic Beast” monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “Heraldic Beast” monster from your hand to your zone this card points to.

Star Seraph Signal
    Link-3 LIGHT Fairy Link Effect Monster
    ATK/2300
    T, BL, BR
    2+ LIGHT Fairy monsters
    Once per turn, when a monster is Summoned to a zone this card points to: You can draw 1 card. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters this card points to instead.

Dual Photon Wyrm
    Link-2 LIGHT Wyrm Link Effect Monster
    ATK/2000
    BL, BR
    2 LIGHT monsters
    Once per turn: You can make the ATK of all LIGHT monsters you control become 2000, until the end of the turn. Once per turn, if you Summon a “Photon” monster to a zone this card points to: You can add 1 “Photon” monster with the same name as that monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 2 “Photon” monsters in your GY, except “Dual Photon Wyrm”; Special Summon them in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of “Dual Photon Wyrm” once per turn.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Gimmick Puppeteer
    Link-2 DARK Machine Link Effect Monster
    ATK/1000
    BL, BR
    2 “Gimmick Puppet” monsters
    This linked card cannot be targeted for attacks. Once per turn: You can Special Summon up to 2 “Gimmick Puppet” monsters that have Levels from your GY to your zones this card points to.
    The name is a clever idea and the effect matches it perfectly, with the link arrows acting as the puppeteer's strings to pick puppets back up. Just great concept overall. The only thing I miss is an effect to change levels, because they have interesting Level 4's but it is a Rank 8 strategy.

P.S. Why restrict the effect to monsters that have levels? Reviving dead XYZ Gimmick Puppets would be useful to rank them up to their Chaos Number form. Instead, I would just prevent it from reviving another copy of itself, because of link climbing loops.
    Last edited by Link-0; 5 Days Ago at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name is a clever idea and the effect matches it perfectly, with the link arrows acting as the puppeteer's strings to pick puppets back up. Just great concept overall. The only thing I miss is an effect to change levels, because they have interesting Level 4's but it is a Rank 8 strategy.

P.S. Why restrict the effect to monsters that have levels? Reviving dead XYZ Gimmick Puppets would be useful to rank them up to their Chaos Number form. Instead, I would just prevent it from reviving another copy of itself, because of link climbing loops.
    Hmmm...actually, that's a fair point.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Gimmick Puppetteer" is, name and effect-wise, very clever indeed, but my favorite is the Photon one. That one's effect is much more articolated, I like it.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    "Gimmick Puppetteer" is, name and effect-wise, very clever indeed, but my favorite is the Photon one. That one's effect is much more articolated, I like it.
    Cheers. I had the most fun with those two.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And on a similar note, for archetypes that I thing have to little or two few non-Number cards.

Umbral Horror Necromancer
    Rank 4 DARK Fiend Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/2400
    DEF/2100
    2 Level 4 DARK monsters
    Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster, apply one of the following effects: ●Change that monster's ATK to zero. ●Change that monster's ATK to its original ATK.
    I felt that this made it almost R4NKish, but not too much, while keeping in with the theme of Umbral Horrors.

Star Seraph Sabre
    Rank 4 LIGHT Fairy Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/2600
    DEF/1300
    3 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
    Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; until the End Phase, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If this card is sent to the GY while it has material: You can Special Summon this card in Defense Position.
    It seems to be a thing that it's rather generic whenever I make Star Seraph stuff. I blame their materials.

Chronomaly Battle Colussus
    Rank 5 EARTH Rock Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/2500
    DEF/2600
    2 Level 5 monsters
    Cannot be banished while it has material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Chronomaly" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, send 1 card from your hand to the GY. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Chronomaly" monster from your Deck.
    I'm very fond of the Chronomaly monsters. To be honest, they could do with a ton more Xyz Monsters, but it seems that Rank 5 is their most iconic/well supported.
    I also wanted to support searching them, since I feel that's one of their bigger issues. Based on the Colossus of Rhodes of course.

Gimmick Puppet Decisive Beauty
    Rank 8 DARK Machine Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/2800
    DEF/1000
    2 Level 8 Machine monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if that card was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK. If this card leaves the field: You can add "Gimmick Puppet" monsters from your Deck to your hand, equal to the number of materials this card had.
    I really like drawing from Cedar Mill's one monster. As for the effect, I wanted something useful that didn't make the others redundant.

Heraldic Beast Amphithere
    Rank 4 WIND Dragon Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/2300
    DEF/1600
    2 Level 4 monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster from your Deck. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 2 "Heraldic Beast" monsters in your Graveyard with different names; Special Summon those targets.
    An amphithere is just an awesome thing anyway. I went with a Plain-Coat theme for the effect for maximum R4NKing.

Garbage Destroyer
    Rank 5 DARK Fiend Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/1000
    DEF/1000
    2 Level 5 DARK monsters
    Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; this card gains 2000 ATK until the end of the next turn, but it cannot attack directly. Once per turn, if this card has no materials: You can attach 1 "Garbage Lord" in your Graveyard to this card as material. If this card leaves the field: Add all materials that were attached to this card to your hand.
    I just wanted to make something that validated the Garbage monsters and was similar in concept to Heart-eartH.

Galaxy Wyvern
    Rank 8 LIGHT Dragon Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/3000
    DEF/2000
    2 Level 8 Dragon monsters
    Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card and target 1 card on the field; until the end of the turn, that target is unaffected by other cards' effects.
    And a useful monster that would be rather handy against Number cards.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Generic R4nk
    >Summons from Deck

nope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Galaxy Wyvern
    Rank 8 LIGHT Dragon Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK/3000
    DEF/2000
    2 Level 8 Dragon monsters
    Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card and target 1 card on the field; until the end of the turn, that target is unaffected by other cards' effects.
    And a useful monster that would be rather handy against Number cards.
    So, basically another Felgrand that's minuscularly more usable while notably more restricted.