Page 269 of 277 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2769

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Making it a Blue-Eyes related card? Every time I see it I'm surprised it isn't.
    I'm more interested in it's flavor text than it's name.

Decided to do 5 cards from Booster 1 first.

Djinn the Wielder of the Wind
    [Spellcaster/Effect]

When this monster is summoned you can add 1 of the following cards from your Deck to your hand: "Tornado", "Mystical Wind Typhoon", a "Twister" Quickplay Spell, "Mystical Space Typhoon" or a "Cyclone" Quickplay Spell card. If this card would be destroyed by battle and sent to the GY, add it to your hand instead.
    ATK/700 DEF/900

Double Doron
    [Warrior/Effect]

Once per Battle Phase, during the Battle Step, when this card battles another monster(Quick Effect): Special Summon a "Doron" monster from your Deck; and if you do, inflict 900 damage to your opponent's LP. When this monster is destroyed by battle, add 1 "Doron" monster in your GY, other than this card, to your hand.
    ATK/900 DEF/500

Mystical Capture Chain
    [Fairy/Union/Effect]

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card cannot attack or activate its effects, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, add this card to your hand.
    ATK/700 DEF/700

The Shadow Who Controls the Deepest Darkness
    [Fiend/Flip/Effect]

Flip: This monster cannot be destroyed this turn. You can discard this card; add 1 "Yami" Field Spell card from your Deck to your hand. While you control "Yami", once per turn, you can target a monster your opponent controls; that monster cannot change its battle position and its effects are negated and cannot be activated while you control this face up card. While you control "Yami" (Quick Effect): You can flip this monster into face-down Defense Position.
    ATK/800 DEF/700

Misty Water Element
    [Aqua/Effect]

When this monster is summoned: Place 1 Fog Counter on each face-up monster on the field. During each End Phase, place a Fog Counter on 1 monster on the field. Non-WATER monsters lose 200 ATK and DEF for each Fog Counter on them. If a monster with a Fog Counter attacks a monster with a Fog Counter: The controller of the attacking monster must flip a coin; if Tails, the attack is negated. If a monster with 4 or more Fog Counters is destroyed, you can add 1 "Cloudian" monster from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/900 DEF/700

Where 3 of the monster for Vol. 1 were more upgraded versions, these ones are much more of a straight retrain.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 20th March 2018 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here are my 5 retrains for Volume 2.

Blue-Eyed Spectral Silver Zombie
    [Zombie/Effect]

Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster your opponent controls: That monster becomes a Zombie monster on the field and in the GY. If that monster on the field is sent to the GY and then Special Summoned from the GY, it is still a Zombie monster. Zombie monsters cannot target "Silver Zombie" monsters.
    ATK/900 DEF/700

Mystical Elf of Grace
    [Spellcaster/Effect]

When this monster is summoned, it is switched to Defense Position. This monster cannot be switched to Attack Position by card effects. Once, while you control this face-up card: You can select 1 other monster on the field; decrease this card's ATK to 0 and then increase the selected monster's ATK by the same amount that was decreased. Once per turn, you can set 1 "Gift of the Mystical Elf" from your hand or Deck. "Elf" and "Celtic" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF during the Damage Step only.
    ATK/800 DEF/2000

M-Warrior #1P
    [Warrior/Effect]

Pendulum Effect: If you control "M-Warrior #2P" in your other Pendulum Zone, once per turn, you can Fusion Summon an EARTH Warrior monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field. Warrior and Rock monsters gain 300 ATK.
    Effect:
    This monster's name is "M-Warrior #1" while face-up on the field. All "M-Warrior #2" you control gain 1000 ATK and DEF; only 1 "M-Warrior #1" you control can apply this effect. A Cyberse monster that battles this monster loses 1000 ATK during Damage Calculation. A "Karbonala Warrior" Fusion Summoned using this card and an "M-Warrior #2" as material gains 1000 ATK and DEF.
    ATK/1000 DEF/500

M-Warrior #2P
    [Warrior/Pendulum/Effect]

Pendulum Effect: If you control an "M-Warrior #1P" in your other Pendulum Zone, once per turn, you can add an EARTH Warrior monster from your GY to your hand or an EARTH Warrior Fusion monster to your Extra Deck. Warrior and Rock monsters gain 300 DEF.
    Effect: This monster's name is "M-Warrior #2" while face-up on the field. All "M-Warrior #1" you control gain 1000 ATK and DEF; only 1 "M-Warrior #2" you control can apply this effect. A Cyberse monster that battles this monster loses 1000 ATK during Damage Calculation. When a "Karbonala Warrior" is successfully Fusion Summoned using this card and an "M-Warrior #1": Destroy all face-up Cyberse monsters on the field.
    ATK/500 DEF/1000

Honorbound Wight Warrior
    [Zombie/Effect/Fusion]

1 Warrior monster + 1+"Skull Servant"
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing a Warrior monster you control and "Skull Servants" you control or in your GY. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Skull Servant" used as Fusion material for this card. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: add all banished Zombie monsters to your GY. This card's name becomes "Skull Servant" while in the GY.
    ATK/1200 DEF/900

I've already decided on what cards I'm going to do for Booster 2: Bean Soldier, Boo Koo, Dark-Piercing Light, Key Mace #2 and The Inexperienced Spy.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 20th March 2018 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    [B]Blue-Eyed Spectral Silver Zombie
    Or Azure-Eyed, to keep the joke going.

Mystical Elf of Grace
    LIGHT ****
    [Spellcaster/Effect]

When this monster is summoned, it is switched to Defense Position. This monster cannot be switched to Attack Position by card effects. Once, while you control this face-up card: You can select 1 other monster on the field; decrease this card's ATK to 0 and then increase the selected monster's ATK by the same amount that was decreased. Once per turn, you can set 1 "Gift of the Mystical Elf" from your hand or Deck. "Elf" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF during the Damage Step only.
    ATK/800 DEF/2000
    The first effect is clever, because Yugi often normal summoned this in face-up defense position (because manga/anime rules allowed that). The second is a reference to how Shadow of Eyes did not work on it (because it was female). The third effect is the original manga effect. Did I get those right? I can't find what the last effect is a reference to, but I assume it supports the "Celtic" monsters too.

I would add it a name clause (This card's name is always treated as "Mystical Elf".) just because Kamionwizard, but Kamionwizard is horrible anyway (unless someone retrains it *wink*.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you got all of them right. Last effect isn't really a reference to anything. I just thought that since she is basically an elf priestess she should have some kind of tie-in to Elf monsters as an archetype. Forgot to add the Celtic stipulation. Just updated for that. I don't have plans to retrain Kamionwizard so I don't think it's necessary to have a card name clause.

The M-Warrior pendulums were the cards I had the most work with. I went back and forth with several different ways to design their effects. Ultimately the anti-Cyberse angle comes from them being magnetic and thus scrambling the cyberse data. To that end, the magnetic pulse created when they fuse into Karbonala Warrior just destroys all Cyberse monsters at once. The "P" in their name suggests Pendulum but would actually mean "Polarity".
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 10th March 2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last effect is probably her being equipped with "Book of Secret Arts".
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've got the tentative names for the next batch of cards:
    Bean Commander
    Boo Koo Vol.2
    Dark-Searing Light
    Gate Mace
    The Prodigy Spy

I originally wanted to use a jargon term from le Carré's novels for the Spy card but I couldn't find one that fit well. But it did make me think about a new Spy archetype called The Secret Circus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My third revised try at designing Mutant ability monsters. This time around I've decided to separate the "Mutant Effect" from the rest of the effect text in a similar way to Pendulums separating their monster effect and Pendulum effects.

You cannot control 2 Mutant monsters with the same original name at once, even face down.

XM Cyclobeamer
    LIGHT ***
    [Warrior/Mutant/Effect]

This monster is treated as a Normal monster until it's Mutant Effect is applied. Apply this card's Mutant Effects during your next Standby Phase after being summoned (from the hand).

Mutant Effect: This monster is also treated as a Pyro monster. Once per turn, you can send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the GY and then target 1 opponent's monster; shuffle that monster back into the opponent's Deck. You can banish this monster you control to Special Summon a Mutant Monster with the same type and 2 levels higher from your hand, except the turn it was Summoned.

ATK 1800/DEF 1600

Traumatic Mutation Trigger
    Quickplay Spell

This card can only be activated during the Battle Phase. Pay 600 Life Points; select a Mutant Monster you control and apply it's Mutant Effect. You can banish this card in your GY to add a Mutant monster from your GY to your hand(except Extra Deck monsters).

XM Dimensionforce Cyclobeamer
    LIGHT *****
    [Warrior/Mutant/Ritual/Effect]

This monster can only be Ritual Summoned by a "Mutant Evolution" Ritual Spell and banishing an "XM Cyclobeamer" effect monster you control. Shuffle this card in your hand into your Deck to draw 1 card(this effect can only be used by 1Mutant monster per turn). Apply this card's Mutant Effects after it is successfully Ritual Summoned.

Mutant Effect: This monster is also treated as a Pyro monster. Once per turn you can send up to 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the GY to shuffle the same amount of cards in your opponent's hand into the deck.

ATK 2100/DEF 1900

MutantEvolution X
    Ritual Spell

This card is used to Ritual Summon a Mutant Ritual monster from your Deck or GY. You must also banish a face-up Mutant monster you control who's name is listed on the Ritual monster being summoned. If the banished monster was an "XM" Mutant monster: the Ritual Summoned monster gains 500 ATK/DEF. While this card is in your GY you can shuffle it into your Deck to send 1 banished card to the GY.

Cycloblaster the Imperial Blazing Force
    FIRE *******
    [Warrior/Mutant/Fusion/Effect]

1"Cyclobeamer" monster + "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys"
    Must first be Fusion Summoned from your Extra Deck by banishing a face-up "Cyclobeamer" monster you control and "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" in your hand (you do not use "Polymerization"). When this Fusion Summoned monster is destroyed while it's material monsters are banished: add those banished monsters to your GY. Apply this card's Mutant Effects after it is successfully Fusion Summoned.

Mutant Effect: This monster is also treated as a Pyro monster. During your Battle Phase, you can destroy 1 face up card you control to destroy 1 face-up card your opponent controls that is the same card type (Monster, Spell or Trap). This monster gains 100 ATK for each card it destroys with its own effect this turn until the end of the Battle Phase. Cannot attack your opponent directly.

ATK 2700/DEF 2600

Cycloblaster the Darkrage Burning Force
    FIRE *******
    [Warrior/Mutant/Fusion/Effect]

1"Cyclobeamer" monster + "Dark Nephthys"
    Must first be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by banishing a face-up "Cyclobeamer" monster or " Cycloblaster the Imperial Blazing Force" you control and "Dark Nephthys" in your hand(you do not use Polymerization). When this monster is destroyed while it's material monsters are banished: add those banished monsters to your GY.

Mutant Effect: This monster is also treated as a DARK and Pyro monster. During your Battle Phase, you can banish 1 face up card you control to Banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls that is the same card type (Monster, Spell or Trap). This monster gains 100 ATK for each card it banishes with its own effect this turn until the end of the Battle Phase. Cannot attack your opponent directly.

ATK 2700/DEF 2600
    Just randomly happened upon this, and I really like this. Something like this concept, I'd like to see in the real card game someday, honestly.

I'm not here to proofread Yugioh effects, but I did want to mention that when Banished cards go the GY, they are always worded as "return it/them/the Banished card to the GY", keyword being 'return'. To that end, a Banished Dandylion targeted and affected by Burial from a Different Dimension won't have its effect triggered.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12th March 2018 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right. Though that just reminds me of the logic problem I've had with that term. Return implies the cards were there before when banished cards have often not been to the graveyard yet. I think Adding them makes more sense but the term is currently only being used for putting cards in the hand.

Here are the Booster 2 cards I said I would make last week.

Bean Commander
    [Plant/Effect]

Discard a "Bean Soldier" from your hand to the GY(Quick Effect): Special Summon this monster from your hand or Deck. When your opponent declares an attack, you can pay 500 LP(Quick Effect): Special Summon a Level 3 or lower "Bean" monster from your hand; your opponent must target that monster for attacks while it is face-up. This effect of "Bean Commander" can only be used once per turn. Once per turn, when this card or a Level 4 or lower Plant monster is sent from the field to the GY: add 1 Level 3 or lower Plant monster from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/1400 DEF/1300

Boo Koo Vol.2
    [Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect]

Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated you can Special Summon a "Royal Magical Library" from your hand or Deck. Once per turn, you can return a "Boo Koo" monster you control to your hand: Add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your GY to your hand. Spellcaster monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.
    Effect: You can Special Summon this monster by shuffling a "Boo Koo" in your hand into the Deck; and if you do: Add 1 "Spellbook Library" Spell card from your Deck to your hand. You can shuffle this face-up card you control into the Deck: Add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1000

Gate Mace

Link Arrows:
    [Psychic/Link/Effect]

2 monsters with different Attributes
    Twice per turn, when a monster this card points to is destroyed: You can Special Summon a "Key Mace" or "Key Mace #2" from your GY to a monster zone this card points to. If this card points to a "Key Mace": LIGHT monsters your opponent controls cannot declare an attack. Increase your LP by the amount of Battle Damage you would take from a battle involving a "Key Mace" this card points to instead. If this card points to a "Key Mace #2": DARK monsters your opponent controls must attack if possible. Inflict Battle Damage to your opponent that you would take from a Battle involving a "Key Mace #2" this card points to instead.
    ATK/1500 LINK-2

Dark-Searing Light
    Normal Spell

Select a Column: Flip all face-down cards in that column face up, but effects are not activated; inflict 500 damage to each player for each card flipped face-up on their field in the column. Then flip any Spell/Trap cards in that column face-down. Only one "Dark-Searing Light" can be activated per turn.

The Apprentice Spy
    Normal Spell

Select 2 random cards in your opponent's hand. Your opponent reveals them and if there are any copies of either card in the GY: you can add 1 of those cards from the GY to your hand.

Next cards, for Vol.3:
    Eldeen
    Darkworld Thorns
    Flower Wolf
    Giant Soldier of Stone signature move
    Reaper of the Cards

So, something with Spell counters, a callback to Siver Fang, Giant Soldier support and advanced Reaping.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 20th March 2018 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right. Though that just reminds me of the logic problem I've had with that term. Return implies the cards were there before when banished cards have often not been to the graveyard yet. I think Adding them makes more sense but the term is currently only being used for putting cards in the hand.

Here are the Booster 2 cards I said I would make last week.

Bean Commander
    [Plant/Effect]

Discard a "Bean Soldier" from your hand to the GY(Quick Effect): Special Summon this monster from your hand or Deck. When your opponent declares an attack, you can pay 500 LP(Quick Effect): Special Summon a Level 3 or lower "Bean" monster from your hand; your opponent must target that monster for attacks while it is face-up. This effect of "Bean Commander" can only be used once per turn. Once per turn, when this card or a Level 4 or lower Plant monster is sent from the field to the GY: add 1 Level 3 or lower Plant monster from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/1400 DEF/1300

Boo Koo Vol.2
    [Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect]

Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated you can Special Summon a "Royal Magical Library" from your hand or Deck. Once per turn, you can return a "Boo Koo" monster you control to your hand: Add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your GY to your hand. Spellcaster monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.
    Effect: You can Special Summon this monster by shuffling a "Boo Koo" in your hand into the Deck; and if you do: Add 1 "Spellbook Library" Spell card from your Deck to your hand. You can shuffle this face-up card you control into the Deck: Add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1000

Gate Mace

Link Arrows:
    [Psychic/Link/Effect]

2 monsters with different Attributes
    Twice per turn, when a monster this card points to is destroyed: You can Special Summon a "Key Mace" or "Key Mace #2" from your GY to a monster zone this card points to. If this card points to a "Key Mace": LIGHT monsters your opponent controls cannot declare an attack. Increase your LP by the amount of Battle Damage you would take from a battle involving a "Key Mace" this card points to instead. If this card points to a "Key Mace #2": DARK monsters your opponent controls must attack if possible. Inflict Battle Damage to your opponent that you would take from a Battle involving a "Key Mace #2" this card points to instead.
    ATK/1500 LINK-2

Dark-Searing Light
    Normal Spell

Select a Column: Flip all face-down cards in that column face up, but effects are not activated; inflict 500 damage to each player for each card flipped face-up on their field in the column. Then flip any Spell/Trap cards in that column face-down. Only one "Dark-Searing Light" can be activated per turn.

The Apprentice Spy
    Normal Spell

Select 2 random cards in your opponent's hand. Your opponent reveals them and if there are any copies of either card in the GY: you can add 1 of those cards from the GY to your hand.

Next cards, for Vol.3:
    Eldeen
    Darkworld Thorns
    Flower Wolf
    Giant Soldier of Stone signature move
    Reaper of the Cards

So, something with Spell counters, a callback to Siver Fang, Giant Soldier support and advanced Reaping.
    I await our Reaper overlord. I flipping love that card.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Just as I said, here are the 5 cards from Volume 3.

Eldeen, Spell Magistrate of the Secret Village
    [Spellcaster/Effect]

Place 1 Spell Counter on this card each time a Spell card or Spell card effect is activated. Once per turn, you can remove 3 Spell Counters from this card: Select a Spell card in either GY; set that card and if it is a Normal Spell card you can activate it during your opponent's Main Phase 1 or Main Phase 2. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon an "Eldeen" from your hand or Deck.
    ATK/1950 DEF/2000

Grand Reaper of the Cards
    [Fiend/Flip/Effect]

Flip: Destroy 1 face-down Spell/Trap card your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-down card on the field. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon a "Reaper" monster other than a "Grand Reaper of the Cards" from your GY in face-down Defense Position. Once, while this card is in the GY after it was sent there from the field(Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card in your opponent's GY face-down.
    ATK/2380 DEF/2930

Darkworld Thorns in Bloom
    [Plant/Flip/Effect]

Flip: Banish Plant monsters in the GY; equip this card to a monster on the field and reduce its ATK by 600 for each monster banished by this effect. If the equipped monster's ATK is reduced to 0 by this card's effect: Destroy that monster. If the equipped monster is destroyed: Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. This card's name is "Darkworld Thorns" in your hand or on the field. Once per turn, you can reveal this card in your hand: discard 1 Plant monster to add 1Beast monster, "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell card from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/1200 DEF/900

Flower Wolfsbane
    [Beast/Fusion/Effect]

"Silver Fang" + "Darkworld Thorns"
    When this card is Fusion Summoned: Shuffle all banished Plant monsters into the Deck; place 1 Flower Counter on this monster for each shuffled card. Monsters that battle this monster lose 300 ATK/DEF for each Flower Counter on this card during the Damage Step only. When you draw a Plant monster: You can remove a Flower Counter on this card; shuffle it into your Deck and add 1 Beast monster from your Deck to your hand. When this monster would be destroyed: Send 1 "Flower Wolf" in your Extra Deck to the GY instead, then place 1 Flower Counter on this card.
    ATK/1800 DEF/1400

Rock Crush Sword
    Spell

Equip only to a Level/Rank 3 EARTH Rock monster with original (ATK/1300 DEF/2000). If the equipped monster is in Attack Position: Switch it to Defense Position. The equipped monster cannot be switched to Attack Position by card effects. The equipped monster can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. If the equipped monster would be destroyed while in face-up Defense Position destroy this card instead. Once, while this card is equipped to a monster: You can add 1 "Attack the Moon!" from you Deck or GY to your hand.

Next set of cards, this time 6 cards, will be from Booster 3:
    Doriado
    Golgoil
    Kappa Avenger
    Spirit of the Books
    Wodan the Resident of the Forest
    Ancient Telescope

*I can't resist the "Wodan the President of the Forest" pun. There. That's why the next set is 6 cards instead of 5.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 26th March 2018 at 05:51 AM.