1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danger! Yeti!
    Dark
    Level 8
    Beast
    Effect -
    (1) You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Yeti!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Yeti!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card.
    (2) If this card is discarded: you can target one set card your opponent controls; destroy it. You can only use this effect of “Danger! Yeti!” once per turn.
    ATK/2800
    DEF/1000
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new set of cards coming up soon, but for now I have been thinking of the new Noble Knight support and all the Kaiju reprints in BLRR suggesting it as the next theme to get new support. And I have been thinking about Burning Abyss which I can't believe Konami won't decide to add more support to after that so I put together a list of cards I'd like to see if that happens.

The 6 named giants that guard the 9th circle as high Defense Pendulum monsters but they have 0 ATK because they are chained up.
    Geryon as a new BA fusion monster as another target for Terminus.
    A BA field spell. How has this not happened yet?

And finally Satan as a Level 9 Ritual monster that uses Contract with the Abyss.

Not sure when I'm gonna get these ideas posted though, but I'll be working on them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character support for Dinosaur Ryuzaki / Rex Raptor!

Rex Dragon, King of the Promontory / 竜崎王-レックス・ドラゴン
    {A dragon with T.rex features}
    DARK Level 7
    [Dragon/Effect]
    (1) While face-up on the field, in the GY, or banished, this card is also treated as Dinosaur-type.
    (2) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Dinosaur monster from your field or GY.
    (3) If this card is Special Summon: It gains 600 ATK.
    ATK/ 2400 DEF/ 2000

• The unlucky duelist invested a lot of money to get his Red-eyes, only to loose it to Joey. Ne needs a new ace Dragon to replace it, so I give him his own personal Dragon.
    • I'm not sure if the Japanese name works as I expect, but the intention is a pun with the character's Japanese name.
    • The ATK boost comes from "Dragon Nails", an Equip card used by Rex Raptor to boost REBD's ATK.
    • Being a Dragon will be relevant for the effect of one of the next cards.

Kaitoptera / ヘルカイトプテラ
    WIND Level 4
    [Dinosaur/Effect]
    (1) If a Dinosaur you control attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects until the end of the Damage Step. (2) Once per turn: You can activate this effect; Fusion Summon 1 Dinosaur Fusion monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as materials, including this card. (3) During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY while you control no monsters: You can banish another Dinosaur from your GY; Special Summon this card from your GY.
    ATK/ 1400 DEF/ 1000

• Unreleased anime card used by Rex Raptor https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Kaitoptera
    • The (1)st effect is from the anime, but extended to apply to any Dinosaur you control.
    • The (2)nd effect references how Rex fused Kaitoptera and Gilasaurus which were already on the field. It comboes with Gilasaurus's SS effect.
    • The (3)rd effect sets up a comeback with more Fusions.
    • There are no Dinosaur fusions in OCG/TCG which could be summoned with this, but I'm introducing two, one from the anime and one based on two of Rex Raptor's own monsters:

Horned Saurus / ヘルホーンド・ザウルス
    DARK Level 6
    [Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect]
    Kaitoptera + 1 Dinosaur monster
    (1) During the turn this card was Fusion Summoned, it can attack your opponent directly. (2) Once per turn, if a Spell/Trap card or effect which targets exactly 1 Dinosaur you control is activated (Quick Effect): Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy it. (3) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can banish from your GY one monster that was used as material for the Fusion Summon of this card; Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.
    ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 1800

• Also one of Rex Raptor's unreleased anime cards: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Horned_Saurus
    • The stats and (1)st effect come from anime, but I made the second material generic (it was "Gilasaurus" in the anime").
    • The (2) effect comes from "Jurassic Heart", a Trap card played in the same episode to protect Horned Saurus from targetting Traps.
    • In the same episode, Rex Raptor had a 2nd Gilasaurus, used as Tribute for Tyrant Dragon the turn after Horned Saurus was destroyed. The (3)rd effect is loosely based on that comeback.

Two-Headed King Rex Raptor / 二頭を持つキング・レックス・ラプター
    {Artwork: Like a more bad ass version of "Two-Headed King Rex" but with one of the heads replaced by "Uraby"'s head.}
    EARTH Level 6
    [Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect]
    2 × Dinosaur monsters
    (1) Can also be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing one Level 4 Dinosaur Normal monster you control. You can only Special Summon "Two-Headed King Rex Raptor" this way once per turn. (2) This Fusion Summoned card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. (3) If this card attacks an opponent's monster, this card gains 900 ATK during the Damage Step only. (4) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Dragon monster from your hand or deck in Attack position.
    ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 1200

• Obviously inspired by Rex Raptor's iconic monster "Two-Headed King Rex" (THKR) and his other monster "Uraby" (called "Wild Raptor" in the OCG). Therefore, the name is a combination of these 2 monster's names, as well as a pun on the character's name from the English anime.
    • It has THKR stats from the manga, where it was level 6 (also, this avoids Instant Fusion abuse).
    • The (1)st effect makes it possible to "upgrade" THKR.
    • The (2)nd effect is just because two heads/fusing two dinos.
    • The (3)rd effect is based on the manga's duel where THKR gets ATK bonus from Wasteland. It raised to 2080 ATK, which is an awkward value, so I've opted for raising it to 2500, which was the ATK of the Bandai version of THKR, and a much better boost.
    • Finally, the (4)th effect is based on the manga/anime duel against Joey, where Rex Raptor's next summon after THKR's destruction was REBD/Serpent Night Dragon.

Dinosaur Foot Stamp / ダイナソー・フット・スタンプ
    {Artwork: Based on the manga panel from chapter 18 where Two-Headed King Rex stamps on Baby Dragon.}
    [Quick-play Spell]
    (1) If you control a Dinosaur monster: You can resolve one of the following effects, but if you control a "Two-Headed" Dinosaur monster, you can resolve both effects in sequence.
    ● Switch all face-up monsters your opponent controls to defense position.
    ● Destroy 1 defense position monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
    (2) During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 Dinosaur from your GY; add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dinosaur Foot Stamp" once per turn.

• This is Two-Headed King Rex attack's name. It was used against Baby Dragon, which was in defense position.
    • The 500 damage is based on Joey losing 50 LP when one of his defense position monsters was destroyed by a Dinosaur, in chapter 19.

So, that's it for Rex Raptor strategy support: Dinosaur Fusions with attack-focused effects (direct attack, double attack, boosted attack), and comeback effects for even stronger summons. I think it captures Rex Raptor's personality and duel style well.

Challenge: Retraining of the Fusion monsters which require Two-Headed King Rex as materials: Cyber Saurus and Bracchio-raidus.
    Last edited by Link-0; 28th July 2018 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concepts. I haven't read all of it yet but it looks like we had similar ideas regarding Normal monsters with the Fusions. I leaned a bit more into it when I tried my hand last year with Legend Duelist Rex Raptor support.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Okay, here's my go at making 4 Legend Duelist cards designed for Rex Raptor's more Normal monster heavy Duelist Kingdom deck. Also works with Lost World and the Normal Dinosaur Pendulums.

Primal Thunderer
    EARTH ********
    [Dinosaur/Fusion]

"Two-Headed King Rex" + 2+ non-effect Dinosaur monsters.

ATK/2600 DEF/3200

First of the Thunderers
    EARTH *********
    [Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect]

2x Normal Dinosaur-Type monsters
    Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only control 1 "First of the Thunderers". This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by battle with a Non-Effect monster, and is unaffected by other monsters' effects.

ATK 2800/DEF 1900

Primeval Fusion
    Normal Spell

Fusion Summon a Dinosaur Fusion monster by tributing monsters in your hand/field OR by paying 800 LP and shuffling Normal monsters from your GY into the Deck as Fusion Material. While this card is in the GY: You can Banish a Dinosaur monster in your GY to Special Summon a non-effect Dinosaur monster from your GY and if you do, shuffle this card into the Deck. A non-effect monster summoned by this card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell cards and cannot be destroyed by Effect monsters.

Primeval Realm
    Continuous Spell

Add 1 Spell/Trap card that lists "Dinosaur monster" in its text from your Deck to your hand. Normal Dinosaur monsters gain 400 ATK if in Attack Position or 600 DEF if in Defense Position and are unaffected by your opponent's Trap cards. Monsters that battle Non-effect Fusion Dinosaur monsters cannot activate their effects until the end of the Battle Phase. Once per turn, Quick Effect: You can change the Battle Position of 1 face-up Dinosaur monster you control. Once per turn: A Defense Position Dinosaur monster with 1200 or less original DEF can attack directly, applying their DEF for damage calculation. You can control only 1 "Primeval Realm".

since Legend Duelist is expanding to 5 cards I have to think what my fifth card for the theme will be now. But I can't do that until I figure out the Melodious support for my Legend Duelist Female Duelist set.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 28th July 2018 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, I always love good Dinosaur support, and this all looks very fun.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I leaned a bit more into it when I tried my hand last year with Legend Duelist Rex Raptor support.
    Oh! I don't know how I have missed those. Is that First of the Dragons's brother?

I was considering more Normal-focus too, and Rex Dragon's original concept was as a Normal monster. But then I've realized: every Duelist Kingdom competitor played mostly normal monsters, so it doesn't strike me as a "Rex Raptor" character trait. We didn't get the change to see his deck in Battle City, but in Waking the Dragons he plays Dinosaurs with effects.

Instead I've focused on his beatdown playstyle, with each monster stronger than the previous. Normal monsters are not required, but playable, with T-H King Rex Raptor improving their usefulness.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I think Mako was the only other duelist in Duelist Kingdom that used only Normal monsters. And looking over how Rex has been represented even recently in videogames, his decks are always majority Normal monsters while even Mako has mostly effect monsters by the time he reaches level 40 in Duel Links. Food for thought
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 29th July 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I'm busy with the all-girls Legend Duelist Pack cards, here's a spare Majestic Synchro.

Majestic Rose Dragon
    [Dragon/Synchro/Effect]

Majestic Dragon + 1 "Black Rose" Dragon monster + 1 non-Tuner monster.
    The ATK of a Non-effect monster this card battles becomes 0 before Damage Calculation. If an Extra Deck monster is Special Summoned while you control this Synchro Summoned monster: You can target a banished Plant monster; destroy all monsters on the field then Special Summon that monster. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate it's effects and it becomes a non-effect monster until the end of the turn. During the End Phase: Target 1 "Black Rose" Dragon monster in your GY or that is banished; Return this card to the Extra Deck and Special Summon that monster.
    ATK/3800 DEF/2800
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 30th July 2018 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool idea, the Majestic series was never completed. Let me make a support card too:

Full Seal of the Crimson Dragon
    [Normal Trap]
    (1) If you control a Dragon Synchro monster: Special Summon 1 "Majestic Dragon" from your hand, deck, or GY, or that is banished, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Majestic Token" (LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0), also, they cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects this turn.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can banish it to target a "Majestic" Synchro monster you control; that target is unaffected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of this turn.

(EDIT: I gave it a stronger 2nd effect to help you make the most of your Majestic Synchros the single turn they remain on the field ─ in the anime, they usually finished the duel the same turn they were summoned.)
    Last edited by Link-0; 30th July 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still have 2 more cards to design for my Legend Duelist Females pack, but anyway here is some Sword in the Stone reference.

Proving Stone of the Noble Knights
    [Rock/Effect/Tuner]

You can only control 1 "Proving Stone of the Noble Knights". When this card is Summoned in OR switched to Attack Position: Switch it to Defense Position. While this card is equipped with a "Noble Arms" card: This card and "Noble Arms" cards equipped to it cannot be removed from the field. If a "Noble Knight" monster equipped with a "Noble Arms" card would leave the field: You can change the equip target of it's "Noble Arms" equip card(s) to this card. Once per turn: You can change the equip target of any number of "Noble Arms" equip cards equipped to this card to a "Noble Knight" monster you control that is a correct target.
    ATK/0 DEF/2000
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 1st August 2018 at 12:06 AM.