Page 264 of 264 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2640

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paleontology major friend presumes gigas is named after "Giganotosaurus"

he also had this to say when i mentioned the first monster is the one being questioned

"All I can think of is Coeleophysis, which is notorious for the massive bonebed at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post

he also had this to say when i mentioned the first monster is the one being questioned

"All I can think of is Coeleophysis, which is notorious for the massive bonebed at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico"
    Gigas is correct. Other one not so much. It's a bit more obscure trivial reference. I don't want to make it too obvious while people are still guessing, but I can say it is a Dromaeosarid from the late Cretaceous.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 2 Days Ago at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Gigas is correct. Other one not so much. It's a bit more obscure trivial reference. I don't want to make it too obvious while people are still guessing, but I can say it is a Dromaeosarid from the late Cretaceous.
    Just saw the species name as well after the genus, and I see your train of thought.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghost. Hell, a smaller therapod might have wound up being called Daemon Plunderer or something. Case in point- it's kontemporary colleague was a velociraptorine given the name Underworld Plunderer. Instead it paddled up that Creek with a stately official name and a phantom nickname for elluding discovery for so long.

Anyway, with 11 days left to the month, I hereby declare:

Haunted October Design Challenge!

Create a maximum of 8 cards for a new series/archetype with a ghostly theme.

Be sure to leave a #GHOSTOBER2017
    If entering this challenge so it will be easy to see everyone's card ideas. You have until the 31st. Good luck!
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 1 Day Ago at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post

I'm a dino nut as well and I'd have come up with neither of those. Coeleophysis isn't even a raptor...
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I'm a dino nut as well and I'd have come up with neither of those. Coeleophysis isn't even a raptor...
    Whoops, forgot Gigas was a card. No, I got that one easy - that dinosaur is underrated and underrepresented.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Whoops, forgot Gigas was a card. No, I got that one easy - that dinosaur is underrated and underrepresented.
    I know. Ever since I was a kid and James Gurney introduced me to it in the second Dinotopia book, I have loved the Giga.

And then the anthology spin-off series came out with a book where a young Giga was one if the main characters.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 1 Day Ago at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I know. Ever since I was a kid and James Gurney introduced me to it in the second Dinotopia book, I have loved the Giga.

And then the anthology spin-off series came out with a book where a young Giga was one if the main characters.
    I just found it in a textbook that said "bigger than T.rex and I was sold."
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, my pal also noted it wasn't a raptor, but it was the only thing he could think of given the name.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preview of my #GHOSTOBER design challenge entry.

Psychic Soul - Whisper Helm
    LIGHT ***
    [Psychic/Effect/Armor]

During your Draw Phase: Instead of your normal draw, you can banish 1 card in your hand; Send 1 Psychic monster from your Deck to the GY then Special Summon 1 "Psychic Soul" Armor monster in your GY. If this card is sent to the GY: Banish it. You can Special Summon this banished card during your Standby Phase. This card cannot attack. (Only 1 Armor monster can attack per turn. If you control 2 or more Armor monsters, and 1 is selected as an attack target, you can change the target to another Armor monster you control.)

ATK/0 DEF/0
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13 Hours Ago at 04:00 AM.