User Tag List

Thread: The Vengeful One (Infernoids: September 2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vengeful One (Infernoids: September 2015)

Been testing this build for a while, and I'm finally content with it. This deck has the most disgusting side board of any deck I have ever built. All constructive feedback is appreciated.
    Owner & Co-Founder of Gamer's Genesis
    Qualified for YGO NA WCQ 09-11, 13-17
    RC1/PC1 KDE YGO Judge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting card choices.

The way I see it, if you are going to play the Tierra build, I would most likely play two of each big Infernoids (Onuncu and Devyaty). From what I've tested, most of the time you either mill 1 and have 1 left in deck or banish either of the 2 in dire situations. I can see why you play 2 Devyaty and only 1 Onuncu, but 2 of each would be much better to make Imagination more consistent.

Why no "Void Vanishment"?

Also, I'm noticing a theme here. Is "Threatening Roar" like your favorite card? I've seen it in most of your decklists so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archfiend View Post
    Interesting card choices.

The way I see it, if you are going to play the Tierra build, I would most likely play two of each big Infernoids (Onuncu and Devyaty). From what I've tested, most of the time you either mill 1 and have 1 left in deck or banish either of the 2 in dire situations. I can see why you play 2 Devyaty and only 1 Onuncu, but 2 of each would be much better to make Imagination more consistent.

Why no "Void Vanishment"?

Also, I'm noticing a theme here. Is "Threatening Roar" like your favorite card? I've seen it in most of your decklists so far.
    I tried 2 and 2 of the big bosses. Too cloggy. 2 Dev 1 Onu is the ideal ratio I have found. I use Void Imagination as more of an enabler than a means to a big boss.

I've tested Vanishment and I think it is subpar.

I use it in decks that can't readily replenish resources via floaters. It's amazing.
    RC1/PC1 KDE YGO Judge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GG ELDIUS View Post
    I tried 2 and 2 of the big bosses. Too cloggy. 2 Dev 1 Onu is the ideal ratio I have found. I use Void Imagination as more of an enabler than a means to a big boss.

I've tested Vanishment and I think it is subpar.

I use it in decks that can't readily replenish resources via floaters. It's amazing.
    Well, if your means isn't getting out Tierra that often, then I guess its all fine and dandy.

I think at 1 its fine. Helps you grab Seer or Imagination if needed and can help get over problematic monsters. It can also be great MST bait if you need it to be lol

Interesting tech choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why only 2 Decatron, and why no One For One to fetch it? Also, if you're playing Tierra, you could consider maxing them strictly for sending the others with its effect to generate more Infernoid fodder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Argor42 View Post
    Why only 2 Decatron, and why no One For One to fetch it? Also, if you're playing Tierra, you could consider maxing them strictly for sending the others with its effect to generate more Infernoid fodder.
    Because I want my Reasoning(s) and Monster Gate to go on for a while. Too many times has someone called 1, and the mill been short lived. With only 4 targets in deck that can be SS'd through those spells, I improve the odds of quickly advancing my game state on my first turn. Not going to lie, One For One didn't even occur to me. I only run 2 targets, so...meh?

@Archfiend Fair point. Also, thank you.
    Last edited by GG ELDIUS; 15th September 2015 at 03:54 AM.
    RC1/PC1 KDE YGO Judge