User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [TCG] SHVI World Premieres and Imports (In Spanish!)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Just face facts: by their very effects, it's impossible to make Xyzs with a Kaiju deck. It's really meant to be played without an Extra Deck entirely, like U.A.s are. If you can't deal with that, then I dunno what to say...
    It's actually a lot more possible to run an Xyz variant of the deck than you'd think -- all thanks to some old friends from days gone by: "Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast", "Beast King Barbaros", and other monsters with similar effects (there's a good few of 'em that're Level 7 or 8).

I can understand a certain consternation with Xyz after so long of 'em getting the limelight, but to say that a deck like Kaiju or U.A. is 'meant' to be played without an Extra Deck displays a certain conceit that I personally just can't abide by.

In U.A., for example, you can use something like Turnover or Rebounder to help assemble the materials for an Xyz (Rank 5 or 6 most likely), and in so doing you could include Xyz that support the deck (like Shark Fortress or Utopia Beyond for Fun Things For Slugger To Play With) or otherwise have useful effects (Adreus, M7, Zenmaioh, etc.); sure, you could argue that Stormforth is important, but Stormforth does not in itself prohibit you from running an Extra Deck -- merely from using it in the same turn you use Stormforth.

And Kaiju, well, I already mentioned what sorts of things you could use to grant Kaiju the potential to Xyz Summon if one really wanted to. In the end, though, it's all a matter of how you want to run the deck that determines whether you'd be using an Extra Deck heavily or not; me, I'll gladly include an Extra Deck for just in case I happen to need it.

Just because the border of an Xyz monster is space-based, doesn't mean that every one of them must be from space. That's really presumptuous of you to say that.
    I dunno about 'presumptuous'; more like a case of playing with the medium. Certainly wouldn't be easy to rig up a Kaiju Xyz -- I think most of us have drilled that point into the ground by now -- but I wouldn't call being interested in seeing a monster from space have a starry card border presumptuous, especially when Xyz're supposedly made of antimatter and come from a black hole.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering Xyz in Kaiju isn't rank 4, I wouldn't mind (not that'd be possible. Interestingly, the Breach kinda seems like an overlay network.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because the border of an Xyz monster is space-based, doesn't mean that every one of them must be from space. That's really presumptuous of you to say that. .
    Of the three Lovecraftian archetypes, Outer Gods (the group of Gods from outer space) were given the Xyz card type. I'd say the association with space/extradimentional beings is strong. This would simply be an instance of compounding association.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 27th April 2016 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Only if the 2 events (destroying and summoning) were seperate effects, then it would work. though this kinda goes back to being convoluted and bending over backwards
    a Kaiju cannot be present on the field when you start the summoning process, literally no matter what else. so as long as that isn't the case anything will work

so what WOULD work without being too complicated would be a spellbook of Miracles esque effect,(summon an Xyz via spell effect, then Attach kaijus from grave/hand/wherever)

- - - Updated - - -

yes because space Synchros and Fusions don't exist

*Neos and Stardust fly off to torch Konami HQ or something
    im talking about the xyz background looking like space! My second favorite card (stardust) is space based so I know about that! I'm saying the background looking like space would be fitting for spacegojira...
    Last edited by Colbrax1996; 28th April 2016 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because the border of an Xyz monster is space-based, doesn't mean that every one of them must be from space. That's really presumptuous of you to say that.

Just face facts: by their very effects, it's impossible to make Xyzs with a Kaiju deck. It's really meant to be played without an Extra Deck entirely, like U.A.s are. If you can't deal with that, then I dunno what to say...
    1) I wanted it to be a xyz because the background LOOKS like space having stars and all
    2) There can be a kaiju xyz under 2 different conditions. One is not having kaiju in its print name. Two, has a effect that allows a super poly-esque summon.

Synchro wouldn't look good for it and effect based would be a waste. Stardust(synchro is my second fav monster while galaxy-eyes(effect monster) is my third. Xyz =/= Space but looks the best for space. Its my least favorite summoning method actually but WE know Xyz =/= space

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, I really hope Lector Pendulum doesn't get raised in price, despite being an Ultra now; I need 3 along with 3 Cxulub for my deck, and I don't want to have to spend beaucoup bucks for a full set...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."