User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [TCG] SHVI World Premieres and Imports (In Spanish!)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    yes, 3 glorious examples of horrible Card Design. and Rafelsia

still horribly missing the point
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, U.A. doesn't have anything but the main deck cards, and it's a fun deck to play. Not terribly meta, but fun. Yosenju would be a better choice, since they don't have any extra deck cards for themselves, and don't really use much (especially the most popular and/or broken ones), yet they're pretty fierce in tournaments...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Show me a Summon better than Xyz, to prove you're right.
    It's not about being stronger support. Xyz trivializes too many things and it oversimplifies the game too much most of the time. Not everything needs to be Xyz. Xyz is easily the most stale and boring of the extra deck summon methods outside of RUM. It's just stacking cards by matching levels. Personally, I believe that Xyz should have more regulations on them or more specific requirements, like the Evolzars. They're powerful, but you need to be focused on those ones to use them. Not all decks need it just because it's strong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I like Xyzs because of the limitations to the activation of their effects by the number of overlays you use up, but I am starting to get annoyed at the focus on them above other summon types. Arc-V is supposed to be a series where all summons can have the limelight to shine in, not just Xyzs...
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, I never said make kaiju a xyz deck, id much rather it be fusion or Synchro. A generic spacegodzilla xyz monster would just be a side boss. Look at Odd-Eyes for example!

PS- I said xyz just because spacegodzilla is well... from space.
    Last edited by Colbrax1996; 26th April 2016 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    well, I'm late to the party

and you are correct

whether they are on the field at the same time is unfortunately irrelevant
    The field unique rule does not allow you to have another Kaiju on the board. in practice this means the following
    You cannot summon a Kaiju
    You cannot commence any action that would knowingly result in a Kaiju being summoned. ( if it is unavoidable (book of mooned, new kaiju summoned and flipped up by swords for example), the new Kaiju self-destructs, considered destroyed by game mechanics)
    You cannot ATTEMPT to summon a Kaiju, which means You Cannot BEGIN the process of summoning a Kaiju

think of trying to Activate Monster Reborn while Vanity's is up. even if you are trying to revive Jinzo, even if Reborn had some extra clause that blew up a spell/trap on activation, vanity's presence would stop you from attempting to play it to begin with

I will admit, this is one of the more complex rulings in the game.
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:A...nd_xyz_monster
    this was the previous time this topic came up, for more examples

I think the best example I could make would be trying to activate a ritual spell while a monster that has the effect of "you cannot activate Ritual spells" is present. even if you had no choice BUT to tribute the monster in question, your not even allowed to activate the spell to try

TL;DR, You can't summon Kaiju's and you can't even TRY to summon other Kaijus, no matter the mechanic or what would happen to the existing Kaiju during the summoning process, you cannot even start trying.
    Thank god your here. Been playing this game for like 15 years and the new rules can still be confusing . What if it were a ritual esque summon that destroyed a kaiju on the field to add a counter. Then after you get two counters you can use them as xyz materials. Would that work or neh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    To be honest, I like Xyzs because of the limitations to the activation of their effects by the number of overlays you use up, but I am starting to get annoyed at the focus on them above other summon types. Arc-V is supposed to be a series where all summons can have the limelight to shine in, not just Xyzs...
    So very true, I thought they were gonna be very powerful but balanced by the materials. Then... it happened. They became so powerful, they make the others irrelevant. I like Synchros the most but Xyz are just too powerful now. I do like how they can be incorporated into dm/gx decks without hurting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Because there are people that believe that all decks need to Xyz summon.
    I don't think all decks need it, just a spacegodzilla card should have it being from space and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Why are we discussing Xyz support for Kaiju when this is likely the last support they're getting, for now? Besides, why does everything have to have Xyz support?
    I don't think everything needs one, I just believe it would be the most fitting for a spacegodzilla monster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbrax1996 View Post
    Thank god your here. Been playing this game for like 15 years and the new rules can still be confusing . What if it were a ritual esque summon that destroyed a kaiju on the field to add a counter. Then after you get two counters you can use them as xyz materials. Would that work or neh?
    Only if the 2 events (destroying and summoning) were seperate effects, then it would work. though this kinda goes back to being convoluted and bending over backwards
    a Kaiju cannot be present on the field when you start the summoning process, literally no matter what else. so as long as that isn't the case anything will work

so what WOULD work without being too complicated would be a spellbook of Miracles esque effect,(summon an Xyz via spell effect, then Attach kaijus from grave/hand/wherever)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colbrax1996 View Post
    I don't think all decks need it, just a spacegodzilla card should have it being from space and all.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think everything needs one, I just believe it would be the most fitting for a spacegodzilla monster
    yes because space Synchros and Fusions don't exist

*Neos and Stardust fly off to torch Konami HQ or something
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because the border of an Xyz monster is space-based, doesn't mean that every one of them must be from space. That's really presumptuous of you to say that.

Just face facts: by their very effects, it's impossible to make Xyzs with a Kaiju deck. It's really meant to be played without an Extra Deck entirely, like U.A.s are. If you can't deal with that, then I dunno what to say...