User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 102 Discussion: Odd-Eyes vs Galaxy-Eyes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 102 Discussion: Odd-Eyes vs Galaxy-Eyes

Yuya duels Kaito. Despite being a short duel, it's pretty good.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Yuya summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon without Dark Rebellion, however, Kaito summons a second Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon to double the ATK of the first one, forcing a double KO of both dragons. Yuya then sets Odd-Eyes Rebellion in the Pendulum Zone, uses its Pendulum Effect and summons two Level 3 monsters that he turns into Level 4 monsters to summon Dark Rebellion. How would he have won the duel? He couldn't attack anymore, Dark Rebellion's effect only last for one turn and the lost ATK would come back, and he would probably lose in the next turn, although the second Cipher Dragon cannot use its effect. Anyway, Kaito runs away when he is confronted by the fact that Yuya and co. are Kurosaki's nakama.

Looks like everyone from Heartland actually calls Kurosaki by his first name. I'm still gonna call him Kurosaki, since the anime calls him by his last name, and everyone outside of Heartland does.

Next episode, we shift the focus on Yuzu and a certain other girl in blue.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 24th April 2016 at 01:20 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Magician was cool in apparence and effect, it made OERD more useful while being a Vainilla.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaito also shows that he pretty much doesn't shuffle his deck.

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most interesting thing in this episode is Arc-V Kaito being shown to have 2 copies of his ace. He's the first character since Kaiba to have more than 1 copy of ace! I suspect he might actually have 3 copies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    The most interesting thing in this episode is Arc-V Kaito being shown to have 2 copies of his ace. He's the first character since Kaiba to have more than 1 copy of ace! I suspect he might actually have 3 copies.
    Very possible, his Deck is centered in having multiple copies of a monster after all. And Reiji had 3 copies of Doom Armageddon, that fake Jack also had 3 RDAs in 5ds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Very possible, his Deck is centered in having multiple copies of a monster after all. And Reiji had 3 copies of Doom Armageddon, that fake Jack also had 3 RDAs in 5ds.
    It's very hard to actually count Hell Armageddon as his ace now. Yes, in season 1, it was, but now... He always uses something different in the end. He apparently doesn't even stick with Abyss Ragnarok either. The Hell Armageddons are basically beatstick mecha-mooks now. Reiji along with Hell Armageddon and Beowulf is practically insulting the idea of having ace dragons. In his first duel, he dominates the duel with his trio and his three Hell Armageddon. He wins his second duel with Tell and d'Arc, his third duel with Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions, and his fourth duel with Beowulf, Siegfried and Chaos Apocalypse. Reiji is like Yugi with beatsticks. Hell Armageddon has only appeared in two duels so far, and it did nothing in its second appearance aside from becoming material fodder, while Abyss Ragnarok got the spotlight. Reiji basically runs 12 aces so far, and none of them can be described as the definitive ace. Hell Armageddon probably only served to subvert our expectations in the end. Jack and Kaito on the other hand totally focus on their aces like it's their only way to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Yuya duels Kaito. (...) How would he have won the duel? He couldn't attack anymore, Dark Rebellion's effect only last for one turn and the lost ATK would come back
    He could not, but he still had 2 cards in his hand. And you forgot that Dark rebellion xyz dragon only targets level 5 or higher monsters, so its effect could not be used.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Kaito also shows that he pretty much doesn't shuffle his deck.
    I laughed cause that's so true. Souds like Yugo's opening hand as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though Kaito didn't introduce new monsters, his Spells and Traps give us the idea how his deck works and how he can gain access to monsters with the same name easily.

Yuya's new cards are also nice. His LeBell Man can provide some nice Xyz plays, while Descend Dragon Magician is a phenomal card for Odd-Eyes decks. It gives Odd-Eyes Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Absolute a huge boost, which the archetype needs since their strongest monsters usually don't go higher than 3000 and needs cards like Dark Rebellion to do the beating job. Even though high ATK isn't everything, Descend Dragon Magician might help against untargetable threats. I hope it's effect doesn't get nerf'd and gets stronger instead, since it only works against dragons. I don't mind that it only works with dragons, but if it only works against dragons, that's too specific.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kaito has cards specifically to double down. Well, much like those that have come before him, a 1-monster deck it is for now.

Now on to my most anticipated character introduction episode. Cyber Angels look like they are getting a new member already. Hopefully it comes out in Invasion of Venom along with a Light version of Earth Chant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Now on to my most anticipated character introduction episode. Cyber Angels look like they are getting a new member already. Hopefully it comes out in Invasion of Venom along with a Light version of Earth Chant.
    I'm hoping the new Cyber Angels are going to be Rituals in the first place. Since the old ones have been promoted recently, it would be a middle finger to us if she uses Fusions again. The fact that she uses Rituals is already an effective way to say that she changed sides.