Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubic deck — Help would be very much appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I'm using the TCG banlist.
    I don't think that matters; if the cards aren't released in the TCG, you can't post a deck with them on here, it has to be on the OCG deck board.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I don't think that matters; if the cards aren't released in the TCG, you can't post a deck with them on here, it has to be on the OCG deck board.
    Better ask a mod about it, this topic hasn't been clear from start.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand Hope. I can't wait for the TCG releases either. I want to make a Cubic deck with TCG rules too. I'll monitor this thread for ideas
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the testing I did, I'd say that it's best to stick to the Beast-type Houkai monsters in addition to 3 each of Vijam, Duja, and Crimson Nova. Nova is our best wincon, hands down. Gandhial is great, but summoning Gandhial or Indiora is harder to do than summoning Nova. I found that Inferno Reckless Summon can help, as you can trigger it off of summoning Vijam from your spell and trap zone. This gives you quick access to your bigger summons like Gandhial or Indiora.

As for why I say to stick to the beasts; the beast line is just more effective. Houkai are basically divided into two lines. The Emperor (Fairy) line serves as a burn engine, which can put in some work, but you can deal damage faster with the beasts. The Beasts start out weak with Dark Ganex, who has to run over a monster to evolve using its measly 1000 attack, but once you do (which is made easier with Houkai Aura) then you can go into the superior Garudia. It's important to note that only the beasts have to run over a monster to evolve, whereas the Emperors just have to survive battle. While this may seem easier, keep in mind that the Beasts have more attack and getting over something is made easy with Karma and Aura.

The payoff is worth the effort of running over a monster, because the Beasts only get better as you go down the line. Dark Ganex may be a weak start, but if you go forward past him then you get access to Garudia, which is a double-attacking 2k beater, which then becomes a triple-attacking 3k beater. The Emperors only gain attack as they go on, their on-summon effect is locked into 800 burn through the whole line.

I suggest running cards like Dark World Dealings because some of our S/T is better in the grave. And more often than not, Duja will be sending a spell or trap to the grave instead of a monster.

For the core of the monster and Houkai S/T lineup, I'm testing

3 Crimson Nova
    3 Gandhial
    3 Garudia
    3 Duja
    3 Vijam
    1 Ganex

3 Aura
    3 Karma
    3 Combination
    2 Reincarnation

Outside of that, I'm testing various engines to go with them. Right now, I'm focusing mainly on them in my current line of testing, so I'm only using Stygian Security as my off-theme monsters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to use the Cubic monsters themselves (an not just as an Xyz toolbox) you should add at least 2 "Stygian Security" since it's your best option to quickly Summon "Vijam" along with "Oner For One".

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciphermask View Post
    After the testing I did, I'd say that it's best to stick to the Beast-type Houkai monsters in addition to 3 each of Vijam, Duja, and Crimson Nova. Nova is our best wincon, hands down. Gandhial is great, but summoning Gandhial or Indiora is harder to do than summoning Nova. I found that Inferno Reckless Summon can help, as you can trigger it off of summoning Vijam from your spell and trap zone. This gives you quick access to your bigger summons like Gandhial or Indiora.

As for why I say to stick to the beasts; the beast line is just more effective. Houkai are basically divided into two lines. The Emperor (Fairy) line serves as a burn engine, which can put in some work, but you can deal damage faster with the beasts. The Beasts start out weak with Dark Ganex, who has to run over a monster to evolve using its measly 1000 attack, but once you do (which is made easier with Houkai Aura) then you can go into the superior Garudia. It's important to note that only the beasts have to run over a monster to evolve, whereas the Emperors just have to survive battle. While this may seem easier, keep in mind that the Beasts have more attack and getting over something is made easy with Karma and Aura.

The payoff is worth the effort of running over a monster, because the Beasts only get better as you go down the line. Dark Ganex may be a weak start, but if you go forward past him then you get access to Garudia, which is a double-attacking 2k beater, which then becomes a triple-attacking 3k beater. The Emperors only gain attack as they go on, their on-summon effect is locked into 800 burn through the whole line.

I suggest running cards like Dark World Dealings because some of our S/T is better in the grave. And more often than not, Duja will be sending a spell or trap to the grave instead of a monster.

For the core of the monster and Houkai S/T lineup, I'm testing

3 Crimson Nova
    3 Gandhial
    3 Garudia
    3 Duja
    3 Vijam
    1 Ganex

3 Aura
    3 Karma
    3 Combination
    2 Reincarnation

Outside of that, I'm testing various engines to go with them. Right now, I'm focusing mainly on them in my current line of testing, so I'm only using Stygian Security as my off-theme monsters.
    All sounds like solid advice. I'll stick with a mixed line, though, since Cubic Unification's banish effect makes the Emperors more able to "crash" and bring out the Vijams. Dark World Dealings sounds solid, however. How's Reincarnation working out for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All sounds like solid advice. I'll stick with a mixed line, though, since Cubic Unification's banish effect makes the Emperors more able to "crash" and bring out the Vijams. Dark World Dealings sounds solid, however. How's Reincarnation working out for you?
    Reincarnation has been a little mixed on value for me. When it works, it works well. The problem with it is that it gives your opponent resources, but those resources are weakened by Houaki counters. I like to use the counters to form locks and work toward Nova Trinity. 3 is definitely too much, so I'm testing 2 right now to see how it works for me.

And by all means, a mixed version can work. I'd like to give the mixed version another try, but right now I'm trying out each line of Houkai with different engines since I finished testing them individually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Better ask a mod about it, this topic hasn't been clear from start.
    I talked with Ark about it, and this is what he said:

It should be in OCG.

Cards won't be out until July and god knows how many slap dash changes they'll make.

So yeah, this needs to go in the OCG deck build board.
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I talked with Ark about it, and this is what he said:

It should be in OCG.

Cards won't be out until July and god knows how many slap dash changes they'll make.

So yeah, this needs to go in the OCG deck build board.
    Alright, so what happens to this thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so what happens to this thread?
    Just ask the mods to move it to the right board, and you should be good to go.