User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OCG Banned and Restriction List Update

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Shock Master really the problem? It seems everyone agrees that it is the engine itself is what makes the card bad.
    And Konami will keep on making Rank 4 engines. Rank 4 is easy to design, easy to make, easy to 'balance'.

And continuously hitting them due to these degenerate stun players seems semi nonsensical to me, when we could hit the stunning card instead.

It's logistically smarter to hit 1 card to unhit 5~6 others than it is to hit 5~6 cards to keep 1 card in the game.

Flame Mascot stupidity
    There's always the argument they made Flame Mascot and pals intentionally obnoxious to force a game of chicken of "Hit the clowns or hit the Shock" with Shueisha, but you know, conspiratorial.

Flame Mascot's design in this day and age can't be coincidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it is simply as you've said, the rank 4 pool is too large. They only use 1 Shock Master, and that's not the first option to go for. Hitting just Shock Master wouldn't slow down the clown deck at all.

Defensive play would instead be:

Summon Trapeze Magician, Summon Cairngorgon, Summon Traptrix Rafflesia, among others. All in the 1st turn, even without the ideal starting hand. I could see Shock Master being banned, but I simply think that's completely dodging the actual issue of a deck that rewards bad play with free summons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it is simply as you've said, the rank 4 pool is too large. They only use 1 Shock Master, and that's not the first option to go for. Hitting just Shock Master wouldn't slow down the clown deck at all.
    The problem isn't the defensive playing for most people.

The problem is the fact Shock Master shuts down your entire fucking next turn. Cards that don't let you play YGO are generally not that fun.

And why needlessly keep adding cards to the list when you could just ban Shock, and boom, less items that need to be on the List.

but I simply think that's completely dodging the actual issue of a deck that rewards bad play with free summons.
    Well, that's a whole other set of issues which go back to the fact: Konami doesn't care about that. The free summons are here to stay, and you're not going to see that back off.

But there are better ways to stun the opponent that should require more work and be much more fragile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like what I see but it doesn't touch R4NK that much
    no more infinity and instanodens though
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at this point, based on my first glance of the list, we're hitting a true tier 0 in the OCG. Everything that could stand up to Mages/Pals was hit.

Death to shock master and clowns.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think at this point, based on my first glance of the list, we're hitting a true tier 0 in the OCG. Everything that could stand up to Mages/Pals was hit.

Death to shock master and clowns.
    Now where are those idiots that kept saying "Unlock the Shock"......I REALLY want to chew their heads off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start off, fuck performages I'd be happy seeing the cards go the way of the eruler.While I'm not interested in the idea of outright banning shock master, I definately think at least semi-limiting it would be good, with limiting it being optimal. I don't actually know how many shock masters performages can make, but if it's 3 then fuck that shit hit the deck,2 then it's fine maybe, and if it's 1 then i guess backrow and such. But 1 is probably the least cancer way for it to go while still actually being usable. They already have their options for game 1 so they don't have to blind call, and i don't think shutting down one option of 2 if they do it first turn would be too bad since the other is also more than likely able to out it assuming that they don't go plus infinite off it. Oh wait they do. Fuck performages.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    To start off, fuck performages I'd be happy seeing the cards go the way of the eruler.While I'm not interested in the idea of outright banning shock master, I definately think at least semi-limiting it would be good, with limiting it being optimal. I don't actually know how many shock masters performages can make, but if it's 3 then fuck that shit hit the deck,2 then it's fine maybe, and if it's 1 then i guess backrow and such. But 1 is probably the least cancer way for it to go while still actually being usable. They already have their options for game 1 so they don't have to blind call, and i don't think shutting down one option of 2 if they do it first turn would be too bad since the other is also more than likely able to out it assuming that they don't go plus infinite off it. Oh wait they do. Fuck performages.
    Semi-limiting shock would do nothing, people only play 1. ban it or leave it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start off, fuck performages

-tl;dr stuff here-

Fuck performages.
    Nailed it.

Anyway, Clownblade has changed how R4 spam decks work now, extending it to the fact that it's splashable in a lot of decks. I honestly think that the LP cost is enough for Clown since it burns you, but I don't know what they were thinking with letting a Level 4 being able to Special Summon itself when two or more mons are on the field, especially when most decks now swarm a lot.

One thing I'm wondering though, are Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure limited in the OCG?
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limiting Shock does nothing. You either have it legal or at 0.