User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: OCG Banned and Restriction List Update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamaru View Post
    Everyone has an opinion, yes, but not everyone has an informed opinion. I want to understand the OCG position from people like you or kuhunyu who actually play the OCG game (or at least know about it through the experience of people they know), not TCG players who may or may not have a rational basis for their rage, thus I value the opinion of the former more than I do the latter (in this case). I mean, if you want to know about plumbing, you'd ask a plumber, not an electrician.
    That's pretty funny, because I had the reverse scenario from a friend usually playing in the OCG. He is from South Korea (which has a different card pool, but uses the OCG List) and he went to my country after 4 years being there. Now he wanted to start playing TCG again and was talking big and loudly how the TCG is way worse than the OCG, which was when I told him to actually play (big) tournaments here, which he did, and now he thinks the OCG format is worse than the TCG, as in, the TCG is more strategic. He still uses his OCG cards (without the OCG World Premiere's tho) but builds it for the TCG format.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky7s View Post
    Wow, D/D/D is competitive in the OCG?
    Let me start off by saying that, using the reasoning he has supplied thus far, Tamaru would be in his right mind to not take this post of mine seriously as I do not play D/D. That said, I have seen it in action and it is an immensely powerful deck. However, it follows its Deal with the Devil aesthetic very well; if you screw up with D/Ds, you are in for a world of hurt. If you do well, however, you gain all the glorious power D/D provides with little of the drawbacks. It takes a calculating and skilled player to reap the best that these dark contracts offer and basically turn the tables against your genies.

From my inexperienced viewpoint, whoever achieves victory with D/D has not only defeated their opponent but also their own deck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bunilla View Post
    That's pretty funny, because I had the reverse scenario from a friend usually playing in the OCG. He is from South Korea (which has a different card pool, but uses the OCG List) and he went to my country after 4 years being there. Now he wanted to start playing TCG again and was talking big and loudly how the TCG is way worse than the OCG, which was when I told him to actually play (big) tournaments here, which he did, and now he thinks the OCG format is worse than the TCG, as in, the TCG is more strategic. He still uses his OCG cards (without the OCG World Premiere's tho) but builds it for the TCG format.
    It works both ways, TBH. It's just you see less OCG players talking trash about TCG on this side of the pond.