User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OCG Banned and Restriction List Update

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamaru View Post
    And the people who partook are probably upset about that. Or maybe they're not, who knows.

But how many of the people bitching about it in this particular thread were at that event?
    People don't need to be directly involved with an event to care about things you know.
    People are starving in Africa, people in America care.
    Shit is happening in Syria, people here don't shut up about it

Same Idea, different Scale. People can care about an aspect of the franchise that doesn't directly affect them.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt Norden will be banned in the TCG, since it's so freshly out and they need it to sell tins. I hope they don't ban Ptolemaeus, though; I just got mine, and I want to try and use it in my Yosenju deck...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the people who partook are probably upset about that. Or maybe they're not, who knows.

But how many of the people bitching about it in this particular thread were at that event?
    That's an awful argument. It's completely valid to not have been in high level play or the event in question, and still observe the problems of that format.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I doubt Norden will be banned in the TCG, since it's so freshly out and they need it to sell tins. I hope they don't ban Ptolemaeus, though; I just got mine, and I want to try and use it in my Yosenju deck...
    We don't have Infinity here, without that the best thing he can go into is...Pleides or Knight Diamond
    so no he isn't getting banned, he also won't be seeing as much use
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoArkadia View Post
    That's an awful argument.
    It was an awful response. I asked how many people in this thread play OCG, you gave me unrelated tournament statistics, I replied to said statistics with something relevant to my original question. I repeat:

Not saying you don't have a legitimate grievance, but a lot of people (not you or even anyone in particular) seem to have a personal grudge against these decks when they've not even played in the OCG meta. It comes across like mob mentality sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoArkadia View Post
    It's completely valid to not have been in high level play or the event in question, and still observe the problems of that format.
    Observe, yes, but this is more of "here is what, we, TCG players who have no experience actually playing in the OCG format, think should be changed about the OCG format." I'm just saying I'd prefer to hear from people who actually have experience in the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    People don't need to be directly involved with an event to care about things you know.
    People are starving in Africa, people in America care.
    Shit is happening in Syria, people here don't shut up about it

Same Idea, different Scale. People can care about an aspect of the franchise that doesn't directly affect them.
    Disregarding the fact that you akining a discussion about a card game to Africa and Syria is inappropriate, the difference is, the people who care usually have some idea of what's actually happening in those countries. As opposed to Yu-Gi-Oh! players.
    Last edited by Tamaru; 15th September 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any discussion of this is going to be painted by our own biases, TCG or otherwise.

No, TCG isn't OCG, nor is DN format/playing in an OCG format online the actual OCG either.

But for most of us, that's the best we're going to get.

So we either don't discuss it at all or we accept we're biased.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as long as we're admitting that we're biased...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, I don't we can legitimately expect to have lots of people who play in an actual OCG format here. So yeah.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    I mean, I don't we can legitimately expect to have lots of people who play in an actual OCG format here. So yeah.
    You never know, OCG has branched out more than a couple of years ago, but I do see your point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get that point and have those users, then sure, we can have that conversation.