User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YGOTAS (Yugioh the Abridged Series): Greatest parody of all time?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Extremely funny. Sometimes it gets taken a little far and gets annoying, but Tristan is usually a good source of comedy.
    Yeah, he's the butt of almost every joke, though it does get repetitive sometimes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Ygotas was one of the funniest things I found in the interet, the first videos I ever watched from it were the Evil Council ones. And Abridged Bakura is my favorite.
    Yeah, his interactions with abridged marik absolutely killed me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    On what grounds is DBZA better than YGOTAS?
    Let me say what's different. What differs DBZA from YGOTAS is the making. Several people already said that multiple people work on DBZA. It has three to four script writers, an editor (KaiserNeko) who is a member of the script team who also asks other editors for minor help. They have several voice actors for all the characters, giving them a larger voice range for the cast. LittleKuriboh's voice range is limited, so it happens that too many characters sound the same or sound too similar. DBZA also tries to be funny without making fun of itself. The events happening in the show are funny due to the writing and they don't need to break the fourth wall. The characters are close to their original counterparts, but they are given some extra characteristics to make them fit into the show. The battles are shortened, but not skipped. Most of the duels in YGOTAS are skipped and you only see a few glimpses of the duels. While both shows throw insider jokes that only "hardcore" fans can understand them, DBZA does it a lot more.

In short:
    - different writing
    - different comedy style
    - different editing
    - difference in number of cast members
    - they don't try to copy each other
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!