User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YGOTAS (Yugioh the Abridged Series): Greatest parody of all time?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YGOTAS (Yugioh the Abridged Series): Greatest parody of all time?!

Hi there. Was reading through the forum, and surprisingly, nobody's brought this up.

I started watching YGOTAS on Youtube a couple of months ago, and after every episode, I couldn't stop laughing like hell!! Every episode was hilarious, hysterical even, and revealed what we all think about the series, but are too busy holding it in to say to the world. The man behind the series, LittleKuriboh, might as well be the king of parodies! He does all the voices himself, and makes sure that every video is better then the next! Seriously, I laughed so hard at times, my parents threatened to take me to a psychiatrist at one point, thinking I was crazy or something, no joke! From Kaiba's 'screw the rules, I have money!', to Joey's 'Nyeh' and 'Brooklyn Rage', to open theifshipping at every opportunity, the show seems to never run out of stories or jokes to tell!

Shame about what's going on with LittleKuriboh these days though, what with depression and all, and I totally get him; the depression bug hits us all at some point. The question is: Are you going to give up and take the easy way out, or are you going to fight back out of that condition, something I think that he's doing a really good job at!

The point of this thread, is to hear your honest thoughts about YGOTAS. Is it as funny as I think it is, or is it a pile of crap? Does it truly sum our thoughts about the series? With the show in it's 10th year, and the 68th episode having just been released, I think it's time we all let our thoughts be known! Episode reviews and comments are also welcome! And for those who have yet to watch it... GET OFF YOUR ASS, AND GET TO YOUTUBE, PRONTO!! You don't know what you're missing out on!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is funny...but not the best abridged series; that honour goes to Dragon Ball Z abridged, in which LK puts on a terrifyingly entertaining performance as Freeza.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It is funny...but not the best abridged series; that honour goes to Dragon Ball Z abridged, in which LK puts on a terrifyingly entertaining performance as Freeza.
    as it should be, given it is essentially a colaboration of the makers of the best abridged series out there

as for greatest parody, probably not (parody is a REALLY broad word)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Well, I know that. I mean DBZ abridged is better, but I feel like LK poured more blood and sweat more to get this series done, and mostly on his own. All this, while still being consistently funny. I feel that its a great feat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    as it should be, given it is essentially a colaboration of the makers of the best abridged series out there

as for greatest parody, probably not (parody is a REALLY broad word)
    Let me narrow it down for you, I meant anime parody or abridged series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On what grounds is DBZA better than YGOTAS?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    better General reception and overall Higher quality, mostly thanks to having multiple people work on it whereas YGOTAS has been a 1 man job for the longest time

all ultimately subjective naturally
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    It's less about being better storywise, and more about the quality. Like I said above, YGOTAS is my favorite, and in my eyes, better, but Team four star (which is a group of several people), made DBZA better in terms of quality, editing, audio, etc, so in terms of overall quality and variety, DBZA is slightly better. However, the fact that LK can do everything (audio, editing (until recently), scripting) by himself, and still make it a great show, makes YGOTAS the best in my eyes. Still, you can't deny that Team four star has the better show, mostly due to quality and variety

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways, lets move onto the show itself. I think the first topic of order should be about the "most worthless character" in YGOTAS, aka: Tristan "Timothy" Taylor. What do you think about his YGOTAS counterpart?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely funny. Sometimes it gets taken a little far and gets annoying, but Tristan is usually a good source of comedy.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ygotas was one of the funniest things I found in the interet, the first videos I ever watched from it were the Evil Council ones. And Abridged Bakura is my favorite.