Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anime Recommendations

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skittyxwailord View Post
    Seeing some great suggestions! I'd also fully recommend anyone Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Pros:
    Fantastic story
    Excellent Characters
    Plot Twists
    Great art style

(Homura is my waifu~)
    Don't want to shoot down people, but I'd actually list the art style as a minus, it worked for what they wanted to do but it still felt a bit out of place for me in some points, and I even got a friend that basically shotted down the whole series because "lol, moe".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Please excuse some grammar and spelling mistakes, it's been a long day
    So the last recommendation I did was sorta of rushed. This time I'll go more in depth to this hidden gem

Garo: Honoo no Kokuin

Genre: Action, Adventure, Slight Romance, Some Comedy

Now this anime was one that was under the radar for the lack of people who don't know about it. For starters this anime concept is based from a live action tv show in Japan so it does have that "Monster of the Week" element to it. Also I should mention that this anime is getting a second season this upcoming Fall season with brand new characters, so you can start there if you want.

Now let's start on why you should watch it
    -The character development in this show was surprisingly better than I expected. At first it seems that a few characters a linear but once you get to know them a little bit more, and once the second arc begins, you enjoy them a whole lot more.
    -German....that's it....best character of the show for....reasons
    -The time period is something different than were used to. For season 1, were in the time period of the Salem Witch Hunts. Now the show doesn't use these words exactly but it is inferred and furthered explained in the show
    -Makai Knights: now I won't go to much into details about them since the story explains it but essentially the protect everyone from horrors and will even sacrifice themselves to do it.
    -Story is a good one to enjoy. It does start off a bit slow, but it does get better. Honestly the second arc is way better than the first hands down. (24 episodes for season 1 btw)
    -The music is absolutely brilliant. Just listen for a moment and you'll understand

Cons:
    - Like I said earlier, pretty monster of the week heavy, but it doesn't detracted from the show too much
    - Annoying side characters, one episode is basically just the side characters and doesn't advance the plot at all
    - Some episodes can get a tad bit boring.

Now that I said all that you should definetly check it out. If you want to just start with Season 2 with all brand new characters and story, then check out the trailer

Last edited by Devocrown; 18th September 2015 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devocrown View Post
    -The music is absolutely brilliant. Just listen for a moment and you'll understand
    I dropped this show about 5~6 episodes in but I cannot help but agree with this.

Also this show has possibly one of the greatest op's of all time. If I had more nominations in dgz's battle of the anime ops I would have nominated it.
    Last edited by kinoai; 19th September 2015 at 04:19 PM.