User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [CPF1] Remaining Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love cardian archetype as I love traditional japan game.. Maybe in future we'll get shogi, go, karuta, and richi mahjong
    Last edited by lswarmruler; 13th May 2016 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lswarmruler View Post
    I love cardian archetype as I love traditional japan game.. Maybe in future we'll get shogi, go, and richi mahjong
    We soeta had Shogi already from the ZEXAL manga.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    We soeta had Shogi already from the ZEXAL manga.
    Sorry I havent read zexal manga yet... But I know we already have Number 72: Shogi Rook

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lswarmruler View Post
    Sorry I havent read zexal manga yet... But I know we already have Number 72: Shogi Rook
    There's two effect monsters that are Shogi monsters too. In the manga their effects worked much more like shogi.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    There's two effect monsters that are Shogi monsters too. In the manga their effects worked much more like shogi.
    The Zexal writer trying to bring the Senet mechanic back to relevance but Shueisha/Konami didn't want to comply.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    No other card that functions like this ("like this" meaning optionally). usually if you get it right its not optional to follow through so I could be wrong...
    I checked, and there is one other (that uses "Otherwise" in English at least): "Toy Vendor". However, YGOrg only has this ruling translated, the Wikia doesn't have the translated rulings available, and I don't have time to do them myself right now. However, based on that one ruling vs "Tethys, Goddess of Light" from YGOrg, it sounds like you don't discard if you decide not to Summon (since discarding should cause "Tethys" to miss the timing, since the archetype check is after a "then").

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Cardians" came out better than expected. Not as gimmicky as they were in the anime, but still pretty gimmicky.

"Number 24" has great AW. Now I'm worried it'll come out as a Secret in July, and the pattern might ruin it a bit.

Now I'm hopeful we get a few select imports come the TCG version. I know the blurb for DRL3 sets out pretty much what we're getting, but we do have a few promos that could fall into the supported themes here (No. 93, Trumpanada, etc.).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, that's feasible. We got Abyss Splash and Giant Red Hand in the original after all.
    Sanokal

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    A deck that gives you the option to skip your own draw phase to gain powerful effects? A deck that lets you summon monsters and draw cards but only keep them if they're related to the archtype? A deck with main deck monsters that can both be used as fodder for summoning the big guns and can be useful on their own? A deck full of level 12 and 11 monsters? A deck based off of another game that revolves around convoluted combos to do things? Boring? Really!?
    Unrelated, but I find it hilarious how Number 24's effect will get rid of itself if it's the only card on the field when flipped up. Meaning that if something clears the board and it resummons itself face-down, it'll create a standstill where you don't want to flip it up and lose it but your opponent doesn't want to play something to flip it up because then they'll lose something.
    Exactly my thougths

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too bad Number 24 isn't a Counter-Terrorism Agent.