User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [DP17] Dark Sanctuary + Reprints

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    The win con isn't usually burn, but destiny board. This card isn't even the card you have to protect, it's the destiny board.
    Well, you have a point. But look at the second effect of the card. It gives you an unfair advantage. Negate the attack, or deal damage to your opponent equal to the attack of the attacking monster. Worst part is, it's a generic effect, meaning it can be used everywhere. Top it off with what I said before, and you have a cowardly tactic. Hope I made things a little clearer this time

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Well, you have a point. But look at the second effect of the card. It gives you an unfair advantage. Negate the attack, or deal damage to your opponent equal to the attack of the attacking monster. Worst part is, it's a generic effect, meaning it can be used everywhere. Top it off with what I said before, and you have a cowardly tactic. Hope I made things a little clearer this time
    The second effect is by coin flip and the opponent doesn't have to attack. Its up to the opponent to take that risk or choose not to attack and not risk anything. Dark Sanctuary only sets the stage. It does not control the game. And the owner of DS does not control the "Ghost of Dark Sanctuary".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Actually you negate and deal damage, but only if it is Heads.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cypher32 Wait, did you actually think the coin flip was an "or" effect? It either works or it doesn't. Both negating and damaging only occurs if the coin flip is heads. If it is tails, the attack is as normal. That is why it is a risk by choice for the opponent. It isn't a win-win no matter what for the DS owner. Was that why you thought it was an "unfair advantage"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    The (2) effect is not once per turn, so I can use this as a Fairy Box, but a searchable, non-costing, upgraded version that is.
    Hell, screw the (1) effect, this might be used for its (2) effect only in a lot of decks that can utilize it, sadly, those being burn decks.
    Are burn decks still a thing considering R4NK Performage Trapeze Magician is out there? Like I'm wondering how many viable burn decks there are out there
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok now that I'm back from work and can give proper responses to the various things here

1, Bakura is not cowardly. keep in mind his game of choice, and his role in it: RPG Dungeon Master. he is never an "opponent", but "the guy putting obstacles to either overcome or lose to". thats why he always used alternate victory conditions. get through the challenges he set or die trying.

Bakura wasn't really a coward, is just that his tricks only worked if the opponent fell on them (like the opponent killing Dark Necrofear and choosing the red box with Cursed Twin Dolls).
    if they picked the other box, he would have probably won through the massive life gain while the "curse" didn't help his opponent, or had a way to force their choice like Dark spirit of the silent did with the ghost of the sancturary

2, OMG Are you actually saying someone will be stupid enough to build a deck around this cards defensive effect? relying on RNGesus to defend you is a horrible idea. think about that carefully, your win condition in such a deck is:
    I just need to win multiple coin tosses before my opponent draws MST/MST Clone or goes into Castel, BreakSword, Grampulse, Adreus, Full armor Photon etc.
    just to make such a thing remotely reliable you'd have to run second coin tosses, Final Attack orders and something that forces them to attack or you hard lose as they just wait for an MST or generic backrow popping xyz. even if someone was stupid enough to run straight into it time and time again there is still a chance it does nothing.....

Stall burns are near extinct already anyway, they wouldn't use something that may not produce results even if they ran into it, they'd stick with floodgates.

3, the burn is just there as a built-in deterrent/mitigation so you don't get OTK'd right off the bat instead of being forced to play spirit barrier or something

4, HOLY FUCK DESTINY BOARD SUPPORT DO WANT
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 15th May 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little disappointed that it looks like Dark Spirit of the Silent can't be used to back up this card's second effect since it seems they both activate upon declaration of attack. Unless if this effect resolves with a tails and ruling would say Dark Spirit can then be activated. But timing doesn't seem like that works.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that it looks like Dark Spirit of the Silent can't be used to back up this card's second effect since it seems they both activate upon declaration of attack. Unless if this effect resolves with a tails and ruling would say Dark Spirit can then be activated. But timing doesn't seem like that works.
    FYI, you can activate multiple cards in response to an attack (EX: if yo uhave 2 mirror forces, you could flip them both, for whatever reason you'd want to)
    Utopia is the only exception to this rule, being a trigger effect and all.

you can use dark spirit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you get tails for Dark Sanctuary you really could then activate Dark Spirit to give Dark Sanctuary a second chance?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    So if you get tails for Dark Sanctuary you really could then activate Dark Spirit to give Dark Sanctuary a second chance?
    1st off, once you flip the coin its too late to activate Dark Spirit
    2nd, They go on chain. Ghost of the sanctuary on CL1, this on CL2.
    Dark spirit negates attack,
    Ghost coin flip (assuming its not ruled that the effect fizzles in such a scenario), damage done if you win

Dark spirit afflicted monster is forced to battle
    Ghost of the dark sanctuary triggers again

should resolve like that unless I'm forgetting about something