User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (SPOILERS) Starve Venom Fusion Dragon Theory

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 DARK monsters are as specific as 2 level 4 monsters for Dark Rebellion or 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner for Clear Wing. It limits in which decks it can be run? Yes, but we're talking about a fusion monster here. It is as generic as the most generic fusion before it, First of the Dragons, and even then, it can be run in a lot more decks then FotD.

And about ATK, I'm not surprised that it isn't 2500 to be honest. Yuri is not a good guy like the others. He's not a protagonist, even if you look at it from the perspective of the Fusion Dimension. This comes from the fact that, if the story was told from the other dimensions perspective, surely Yuto or Yugo would be the protagonists. The same cannot be said for Yuri, imo.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    2 DARK monsters are as specific as 2 level 4 monsters for Dark Rebellion or 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner for Clear Wing. It limits in which decks it can be run? Yes, but we're talking about a fusion monster here. It is as generic as the most generic fusion before it, First of the Dragons, and even then, it can be run in a lot more decks then FotD.

And about ATK, I'm not surprised that it isn't 2500 to be honest. Yuri is not a good guy like the others. He's not a protagonist, even if you look at it from the perspective of the Fusion Dimension. This comes from the fact that, if the story was told from the other dimensions perspective, surely Yuto or Yugo would be the protagonists. The same cannot be said for Yuri, imo.
    Just a Small reinforcement for that sentence. Yuri has different way of speech compared to the other counterparts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On what basis are you saying that Yuri isn't the protagonist from the Fusion Dimension perspective? He's undefeated which almost all main characters in the past have had, meaning that they rarely lose. He's like the star student of Academia and considering he's gonna track down a certain fugitive before Commander-In-Chief Edo even can, that's pretty impressive. Sora, Dennis, Barrett, Edo and Tyler Sisters all clearly are not the protagonist of the Fusion Dimension. I think Yuri is
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't really seen enough of Yuri as a person to know what his deal is and make judgement calls like saying there is no way he could be the Fusion D. protagonist. even a sadist could be a protagonist in some form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    We haven't really seen enough of Yuri as a person to know what his deal is and make judgement calls like saying there is no way he could be the Fusion D. protagonist. even a sadist could be a protagonist in some form.
    A la Light Yagami?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only protagonist on ARC-V. Obiviously is Yuya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, what I mean is that the other dragons are as generic as their mechanics allow for. Starve Venom is pretty generic, but the attribute restriction seems odd. The dimensional counterparts are supposed to be just that; parallels of Yuya. It shouldn't matter that he's evil, his dragon should still be 2500.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    No, what I mean is that the other dragons are as generic as their mechanics allow for. Starve Venom is pretty generic, but the attribute restriction seems odd. The dimensional counterparts are supposed to be just that; parallels of Yuya. It shouldn't matter that he's evil, his dragon should still be 2500.
    How can it be more generic than two DARK monsters. Just two monsters? DARK is one of the most common Attributes, it's not even a restriction. The field restriction is not present in the anime, and Yuri's entire archetype seems to be DARK. Even Yuto and Yuya can summon Starve Venom, only Yugo can't. Yuri and Yuto cannot summon Clear Wing. Neither, Yugo, Yuto and Yuri can Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes, and Dark Rebellion is the only one that can be Xyz Summoned by everyone since Xyz Monsters are the most generic kind of Extra Deck monsters. Starve Venom is not even restricted by archetypes, making it one, if not the most generic Fusion Monster. It's more generic than First of the Dragon and more generic than Beast-Eyes, and even more generic than Five-God Dragon.

Starve Venom is a Fusion Monster, which means you need some kind of monster that follow its requirements to summon it in the first place. Attribute "restriction" is not odd. It could be "2 Level 5 or higher monsters" for example, but that is more specific than two DARK monsters.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    On what basis are you saying that Yuri isn't the protagonist from the Fusion Dimension perspective? He's undefeated which almost all main characters in the past have had, meaning that they rarely lose. He's like the star student of Academia and considering he's gonna track down a certain fugitive before Commander-In-Chief Edo even can, that's pretty impressive. Sora, Dennis, Barrett, Edo and Tyler Sisters all clearly are not the protagonist of the Fusion Dimension. I think Yuri is
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Yeah, like I said, it's just my opinion. I don't get "main character vibes" from Yuri, I think Asuka would work as a better protagonist then Yuri in that regard. BUT... this is completely subjective. Also I think exactly because he never loses he would not be the protagonist, as he never faces any kind of real obstacle.

As for the dragon stats, I was just getting from the idea that all protagonists Aces always have 2500 ATK, nothing else.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, like I said, it's just my opinion. I don't get "main character vibes" from Yuri, I think Asuka would work as a better protagonist then Yuri in that regard. BUT... this is completely subjective. Also I think exactly because he never loses he would not be the protagonist, as he never faces any kind of real obstacle.

As for the dragon stats, I was just getting from the idea that all protagonists Aces always have 2500 ATK, nothing else.
    I admit, 2800 ATK breaks the theme, but Yuri is more of a rival to Yuya than Yuto and Yugo do. Yuri's deck doesn't even resemble Judai's deck. It has a bit of Yubel, but it's more similar to Aki. The only Plant-Type Judai had were Glow Moss and Twinkle Moss, both of them being ironically LIGHT monsters. (Unless we count Judai's Evil HEROes, but only a some of them are actual DARK monsters.) I guess Yuri likes to break our expectations. After all, it's indicated that he and Serena hadn't met until episode 91, another theme break.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!