User Tag List

Thread: Shaping Cardians as a Thematic Series.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaping Cardians as a Thematic Series.

Wasn't sure where to open this thread but thought since they originated in anime, they probably could be discussed this way here.

Okay so granted, we already have a pretty solid idea of what this deck looks like and the rules to the theme. How do you think it will progress toward completion(even if it never quite makes it there)?

I estimate the main deck Cardians would number in at 36. Each of the 12 suits have 4 cards. All but November has the first 2 cards as art variants of the same both were the same 1 point. So we could say that to complete a Hanafuda game deck we just need 2 copies of the 100/100 monsters. Now Chojiro has played all 5 of the 2000/2000 20-point cards and 3 of the 8 1000/1000 10-point cards. There are still 10 of the 500/500 5-point of which he hasn't used at all yet.

We also have about 13 combos that inspire the Synchro side. I doubt Chojiro would ever be able to play all of them, but a few might be able to come up. Maybe he even appears later in the manga to continue the theme. 3 of the 13 have already appeared in anime. What might the other 10 if they ever appeared be like?

"Sanko" and "Shiko" have all the main deck they need to appear in the anime already. "Tsukimi-Zake" and "Hanami-Zake" both only require the singular 10-point Sake cup to appear.

I was also thinking "Akatan" and "Aotan" could appear together and one could be a Synchro-Tuner allowing Chojiro to Accel Synchro Summon into "Akatan Aotan no Chofuku" (or we could always just ignore the compound combo, but when you have an opportunity...)

Not sure how to do "Kasu". It requires 10 1-point cards. What kind of materials would you suggest to reflect it's combo requirements?
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 19th May 2016 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt we'll get an entire Hanafuda set. There's a point at which recreating faithfully an entire outside aesthetic into playable cards devolves into either unplayable or broken cards that waste pack slots that could be dedicated to something else.

Sanko and Shiko would require a new tuner as they exclude Yanagi ni Ono no Michikaze. I'm guessing the 10-point cards probably won't be printed as they're notably inferior to the current set (having to draw a non-SS-only Cardian, no extra draw effect).

I've been playing Cardians extensively and all they need to be totally playable is Goukou (re-balanced, of course) and maybe some way to search/reclaim 'Hana' cards.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You definitely have completely missed the point of the topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Not sure how to do "Kasu". It requires 10 1-point cards. What kind of materials would you suggest to reflect it's combo requirements?
    This might sound dangerous for this kind of Deck, but what about an effect allowing you to have Cardians in the S/T Zone and use them as Materials for the Synchro? They could make a Cardian that treats all the Synchro Materials as Level 1 and also with the S/T Zone effect (to make it a Level 10 Synchro). However better Konami makes that shit have a good effect.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 19th May 2016 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that as Slapping Cardians as a Thematic Series...

And that's as far as my interest went.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    This might sound dangerous for this kind of Deck, but what about an effect allowing you to have Cardians in the S/T Zone and use them as Materials for the Synchro? They could make a Cardian that treats all the Synchro Materials as Level 1 and also with the S/T Zone effect (to make it a Level 10 Synchro). However better Konami makes that shit have a good effect.
    Five Synchros using a Yanagi o michikaze effect?
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Five Synchros using a Yanagi o michikaze effect?
    No, using a Yanagi no Michikaze effect (with Level 1 instead) along with S/T Zone Cardians to Synchro Summon the Cardian version of Kazu.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh I just had this crazy idea. What if it was Level 1 [1 tuner monster + 9 non-tuner monsters.]
    This monster can only be Synchro Summoned by tributing 1 tuner monster material and shuffling 9 non-tuner level 1 monster materials in your Graveyard into the deck. Non-tuner monster used for the Synchro summon of this monster are treated as level 0.