User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Manga discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One wonders how we're supposed to Summon this thing when we finally get it in real life.

https://ygorganization.com/theeyesofgod/
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 24th September 2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: "Who" should have been "How".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    One wonders who we're supposed to Summon this thing when we finally get it in real life.

Shouldn't the name be "Godd-Eyes Phantom Dragon"? Or is it not an Odd-Eyes monster?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Shouldn't the name be "Godd-Eyes Phantom Dragon"? Or is it not an Odd-Eyes monster?
    It isn't, much to my dismay.

The Japanese name would be "go-d-du-a-i-zu", which doesn't include "o-d-do-a-i-zu".
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It isn't, much to my dismay.

The Japanese name would be "go-d-du-a-i-zu", which doesn't include "o-d-do-a-i-zu".
    Disappointingly on purpose or disappointing screw up like White Papillon?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Disappointingly on purpose or disappointing screw up like White Papillon?
    Goodness only knows. Lengthening it to make it fit might have been a bit much in terms of sound for tge Japanese to stand though.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    One wonders how we're supposed to Summon this thing when we finally get it in real life.

Dunno, but I think we get our Manga!Zarc. It is an amalgation of the four Yus Dragons. It have the "shoulder vines" of Starvenemy, the face of Anthelion, the lower body of Clearwing Fast and the upper body of Phantom.

I believe it will be Lv12 with 4000/4000 stats. Dunno for the effects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Dunno, but I think we get our Manga!Zarc. It is an amalgation of the four Yus Dragons. It have the "shoulder vines" of Starvenemy, the face of Anthelion, the lower body of Clearwing Fast and the upper body of Phantom.

I believe it will be Lv12 with 4000/4000 stats. Dunno for the effects.
    That'll be interesting if it does become the "Zarc" of the Dragon-boys' Dragons for the main Manga (like Revolution Dragon for the Strongest Duelist Yuya Manga).

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/genesisomegadragonpleasedie/

God-Eyes Phantom Dragons Effect

God-Eyes Phantom Dragon
    Level 10
    ATK 3000
    DEF 2500
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Pendulum Summoned from the hand, it can be Special Summoned from the hand by Tributing all monsters you control including 1 Dragon-Type Pendulum monster.
    If the attack of God-Eyes Phantom Dragon is negated, end your opponent’s next turn and make it the Battle Phase of your turn.
    If this card attacks, it gains 1000 ATK for each Dragon-Type monster used as material. As well, your opponent’s monster lose ATK equal to that amount.
    By sending 1 Spell/Trap Card you control to the GY, negate the activation of an opponent’s Spell/Trap, and Set it. Also, that card cannot be activated that turn.
    Spoiler Alert!

Yuya wins (surprise, surprise). After G.O.D's defeat, Eve is returned to normal, and all the scars are removed from her and her associates. Adam appears and they magically disappear into nothingness. Also, Reiji turns up, which suggests we're up to the next duel with him, this time with Yuya, the stakes appearing to be the G.O.D card itself.

Kinda hoping Yuya wins, undoes the World Illusion and gets his Bro's back, then we can get an ending akin to the the anime.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    https://ygorganization.com/genesisomegadragonpleasedie/

God-Eyes Phantom Dragons Effect

Spoiler Alert!

Yuya wins (surprise, surprise). After G.O.D's defeat, Eve is returned to normal, and all the scars are removed from her and her associates. Adam appears and they magically disappear into nothingness. Also, Reiji turns up, which suggests we're up to the next duel with him, this time with Yuya, the stakes appearing to be the G.O.D card itself.

Kinda hoping Yuya wins, undoes the World Illusion and gets his Bro's back, then we can get an ending akin to the the anime.
    Spoiler Alert!
    I hope we aren't really nearing the end of the story. This was terribly paced and unsatisfactory. Yuto and Yuri got screwed over but not as much as Yuzu. The only female duelist in the whole comic was the boss villain? That there is only one female duelist is really quite sad considering the first season of the anime showed us duels from 8 female duelists(9 if you count that brief shot of that Wingweaver duelist), 3 from season 2 and 9 in season 3(10 if you count flashbacks of Ray). If there isn't more to this story than what we've got it might be the worst Yu-Gi-Oh spin-off manga of all.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 21st October 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    A lot of people like to complain about screentime and focus, or throw slander based on petty things like win-loss records, but the truth of it is, Arc-V's Anime was pretty much the most progressive Yugioh medium when it came to female Duelist characters who Dueled and had some kind of agency. It may not have been 100% perfect, but nothing ever is, and what was there was always better and never worse than so many people have painted it to be. The VRAINS Anime is definitely a step backward in female characters who are Duelists with some form of agency, and who are treated far more wishy-washily with what they do have.

With Arc-V's Manga, while I wouldn't call it the worse, as I feel that goes too deeply into the terriorty that the Arc-V Anime haters call refuge, it is much like VRAINS (same head writer) regarding its lack of female character Duelists who Duel and have some agency, as well as its overall stubbornly minalmilist cast that only focuses on a few key favorites, including the lead protagonist, and allows no room for anyone else.