User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching now? (shows)

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star vs the Forces of Evil. I have absolutely no idea what to think of it right now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Star vs the Forces of Evil. I have absolutely no idea what to think of it right now.
    It was pretty fun watching for the first season. But that was mostly all I felt it went to except a little bit with the monster vs. knights war reenactment holiday where Star started considering for the first time that treating monsters of her world the way of Native Americans might not be so fair. Season finale was cool though.

It wasn't until just this week's premiere of season 2 that I felt it could become more nuanced, deeper, like Adventure Time became. Most specifically with the second episode "Ludo in the Wild". I'd like to see more character-focus episodes like that.

Also, did you know the original pitch for the series was just about a 4th grade Sailor Moon obsessed fangirl who dreamed of being a "magical girl" and her archnemesis, a Dragon Ball Z obsessed karate kid?
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 16th July 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently in the middle of watching Stranger Things that premiered on Netflix. That show is awesome.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I'm currently in the middle of watching Stranger Things that premiered on Netflix. That show is awesome.
    I saw the trailer for that; it looks creepy as hell. So annoyed that I haven't been able to see Jessica Jones (I really hope that I got that name right) because David Tennant.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I saw the trailer for that; it looks creepy as hell. So annoyed that I haven't been able to see Jessica Jones (I really hope that I got that name right) because David Tennant.
    Yes you got the name right. Tennant was good. I really hope they have him whenever the next season happens. It is officially getting a season 2 but they won't be working on it until after the Defenders mini series. Which means both Luke Cage (September) and Iron Fist (early next year) have to come out first.

Stranger Things has an 80s setting. It also has an 80s Spielbergian feel. E.T. or maybe a bit Close Encounters. But it is definitely a supernatural/schifi horror thriller mystery. Every episode, I'm like "did I guess right?" and hold for anticipation from the last ep.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Yes you got the name right. Tennant was good. I really hope they have him whenever the next season happens. It is officially getting a season 2 but they won't be working on it until after the Defenders mini series. Which means both Luke Cage (September) and Iron Fist (early next year) have to come out first.

Stranger Things has an 80s setting. It also has an 80s Spielbergian feel. E.T. or maybe a bit Close Encounters. But it is definitely a supernatural/schifi horror thriller mystery. Every episode, I'm like "did I guess right?" and hold for anticipation from the last ep.
    Like the horror episodes of Doctor Who minus the time travel? (Basically anything written by Steven Moffat...)
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Like the horror episodes of Doctor Who minus the time travel? (Basically anything written by Steven Moffat...)
    Not quite that kind of atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Watching Maria Owaza
    Try reading manga raw. You will see it is special more than manga book.
    Go there and feel jpmangaraw.com

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anybody catch the first episode of Legion? What did you guys think? If you haven't watched it yet, just don't expect everything in the first episode to make sense when the main character spends most of his time in a mental hospital.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragon Ball Super is going to start a Universe Survival arc where the strongest fighters from the 12 universes are going to gather to fight each other in the ultimate tournament. I was hoping Arc-V would do something similar with a 4 Dimension tournament to the end the show but it doesn't look like that is going to happen...
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain