User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photon Monsters and Barian Energy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Well, damn, there goes the whole basis of my story...
    Unrelated to the monsters themselves, but Kaito's Duel Mode: Photon Change was literally killing him slowly throughout the whole first season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I remember that. I think it's hinted that, without some sort of affinity for it, or modification made to the body, normal people can't handle Barian energy for long periods of time without it eventually overwhelming them...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was more the fact that it was because it resisted Numbers that it was killing him.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, honestly, dunno, at this point.
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular people can use photon monsters just fine; in fact gauche and droite used the process that made kite's deck to make new boss monsters for their decks.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Regular people can use photon monsters just fine; in fact gauche and droite used the process that made kite's deck to make new boss monsters for their decks.
    I thought they went through the same process Kite did to get the powers to use the Photon cards, not that they just got the cards themselves.

If that's the case, then that completely destroys the entire basis for my fanfic. Phooey...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they went through the same process Kite did to get the powers to use the Photon cards, not that they just got the cards themselves.

If that's the case, then that completely destroys the entire basis for my fanfic. Phooey...
    Photons are not special at all, barring the Galaxy-Eyes Dragons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't recall them being used by anyone else but Kite, Gauche and Droite, and they all were specifically conditioned/modified/whatever to accept Barian energy stuff, so I'm going to fudge things in my story and say that only they can comfortably control the Photons, and there's no real data on what an unprepared person would react to controlling one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't recall them being used by anyone else but Kite, Gauche and Droite, and they all were specifically conditioned/modified/whatever to accept Barian energy stuff, so I'm going to fudge things in my story and say that only they can comfortably control the Photons, and there's no real data on what an unprepared person would react to controlling one.
    That's only because duelists only rarely share archetypes. Photons were Kaito's thing, but Gauche and Droite used them partially for the sole reason of giving Yuma a hint that they were connected to Kaito. Their actual archetypes were Bounzer (later Heroic) and Butterfly, respectively. They're just regular monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, to think of it another way: Burning Knucklers, Holy Lightnings, Hands, Umbrals, Mizael's random dragons, Rio's random water winged-beasts, and Sharks were not special monsters. Only the Numbers were.