User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 109 Discussion: The Nakama no Chikara is strong in this Falcon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Kaito sure wrecked the obelisk force. Cipher diffusion seems funny. Let me steal your monster, decrease its attack to 0 so that my dragon can attack you 3 times while being powered up with interfere. Most likely will get nerfed in real life
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARC-V writers, you brilliant, evil sons of guns. Sometimes I don't know whether or not to wish for your deaths.

Kicking things off, Allen has finally come around and stopped being a jerk, and instantly made me like him more. Now that he has, no doubt we'll be seeing Yuya on those snazzy rollerblades of his. Predictably the Obelisk Force show up again and only Yuya and Shay have the energy to duel them. The first Obelisk Force steps up to the mark and we finally see Double Hunting Hound summoned for the first time in the classic display of Obelisk Force hax. Not to be outdone, Shay proves that his hax is to the max by plopping down three Vanishing Lanius just like that - wonder if that's foreshadowing? - and busting out Rise Falcon to make me happy. Rise Falcon gets wrecked by Double Hunting Hound, but Shay's a badass so he makes me even happier by bringing out Blaze Falcon with Raptor's Force. Next the second Obelisk Force keeps up with the hax by bringing out Triple Hunting Hound, reviving two monsters and going for the unprotected Yuya, the dirty bugger. Yuya says screw you and screw the rules (except not really since Hunting Hound has its effects negated) and activates Big Escape to save himself like the slick genius that he is. Grace is impressed and a troll to her sister and Noroma-chan, and Noroma chan is busy groaning about how his calculations are all wrong.

Yuya promptly proves that he is the original haxer by busting out Stargazer and Timegazer for the first time in flippin' forever and giving Silver Claw and Odd-Eyes - along with Friendonkey of all things - some screentime. Sadly, it's over quickly, much to both ours and Grace's disappointment, but at least Yuto's on board and not trying to possess Yuya again. The Obelisk Force call Yuya naive for not attacking the defenseless one, but Yuya's having none of it and tells them that he's not gonna play dirty.

He probably should have listened, since the guy brings out Chaos Giant on his next turn and scares the hell out of literally everyone. Sayaka freaks and runs into debris, forcing Shay to save her and causing him to have the foreshadowed perishing. Don't worry, he's fine. Thank freaking Lord for that. Yuya is about to lose, his last Action Card blasted away from him...

...but then Kite catches it and he uses it to save him, big damn hero that he is, and he rather nicely tells Yuya to see to his comrades. Because he's flipping Kite Tenjo he proves that his hax is the ultimate and that it's never not gonna be a thing, summoning all three Cipher Wings and using them to summon Galaxy-Eyes. Beats the Obelisk Force down with contemptuous ease, but decides against sealing them into cards. I don't know where this came from, but hell yes, this is good, this is excellent, goddammit the legacy characters have effing stolen the season, with only the Tyler Sisters, Yuya and Shay for competition. Then stuff starts happening, Aster shows up with a goddamn army and tells everyone that Yuya's his. More on that in the preview analysis.

In all seriousness, I went into this episode with trepidation and minor insight on how it might go, and it turned out to be beyond my wildest expectations. The duel was largely standout, excellent hax from everyone, and I mean that lovingly since it's been a while since we've seen it happen on the heroes' part. The iffy Action Cards being used while the Ancient Gears attacked got on my nerves a wee bit though until I realized that the writers are smarter than that and Chaos Giant has immunity, not Armades, and Hunting Hound with its effect negated was the attacker. Good on you writers. It did both a good and bad job with the Obelisk Force, both hyping them up (and admittedly deservedly so since they were a hair's breadth from winning) and stomping them flat.

I can't tell you how glad I was to see Kite show up. To be honest I expected Kite to show up, save Shay, and pull a runner like after his duel with Yuya, so to see him bust down the Obelisk Force was a real treat, and his character development even more so. And Aster managed to be awesome simply by showing up and letting everyone know that stuff was one. This was a good episode, but one that I couldn't enjoy as much due to the giant red flag hanging over Shay's head, so well done writers for getting me so invested in this series.

Coming up next, we have the return of the Duel Anchor as Aster challenges Yuya, and his motivations are more clearly explored. However, the preview also shows Yuya having an epiphany and getting ready to bust out another stellar performance. I haven't seen the 111 and 112 summaries so don't bust my high, but I reckon Yuya's about to put on a cracker of a show, and I'm excited again for an ARC-V episode, none of that terror this time.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, man. But I think that this episode is a bit... pointless? Maybe pointless is an overstatement, but I'm pretty sure it could be a lot better.

Spoiler Alert!

Yes, they showed some new cards, but that's pretty much it. No new RR Xyz unfortunately.
    The character developments in this episode are okay though.

Seriously Shun, use your freaking Force Strix ! Rise Falcon with anime effects for 1 monster isn't a good move. Keep yourself together, man !
    And for the love of Ra, Shun has gotten better at drawing the same 3 monsters turn 1. Is it because to lower production budget (so they don't have to draw another monster)?

I somehow think that Antique Gear is more catchy than Ancient Gear now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping shun gets some more duels before the arc ends because I really do want some better cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just say that Kaito's complete 180 makes no fucking sense?

I understand him intruding on the duel.
    I understand him using an Action Card.
    I do not fucking understand how he cooly decides against not carding the Obelisk Force. He was massacring Slifers and Ras without a care, and hell, he had less hesitation to card Shun than these idiots. Not to mention that they're far more dangerous than Slifers and Ras; despite the moniker of "Jobelisk Force," they're still Academia's elite shock troopers. The suddenness of "nearly murdering a former friend in cold blood" to "goody-two-shoes with attitude" is quite frankly utterly ridiculous. Especially since he took 50 fucking episodes in Zexal to undergo similar development, and it was very clearly shown that this version of Katio was even darker and edgier.

I did like that Shun and Yuya both played their OG opening hands-- triple Vanishing Lanius into Rise Ruri, and Astromancy/Chronomancy into Odd-Eyes.

Also, Grace is fucking thirsty. At least she says she wants "revenge," which means she hasn't gone full egao yet (although that might very well change after Edo's duel).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Can I just say that Kaito's complete 180 makes no fucking sense?

I understand him intruding on the duel.
    I understand him using an Action Card.
    I do not fucking understand how he cooly decides against not carding the Obelisk Force. He was massacring Slifers and Ras without a care, and hell, he had less hesitation to card Shun than these idiots. Not to mention that they're far more dangerous than Slifers and Ras; despite the moniker of "Jobelisk Force," they're still Academia's elite shock troopers. The suddenness of "nearly murdering a former friend in cold blood" to "goody-two-shoes with attitude" is quite frankly utterly ridiculous. Especially since he took 50 fucking episodes in Zexal to undergo similar development, and it was very clearly shown that this version of Katio was even darker and edgier.

I did like that Shun and Yuya both played their OG opening hands-- triple Vanishing Lanius into Rise Ruri, and Astromancy/Chronomancy into Odd-Eyes.

Also, Grace is fucking thirsty. At least she says she wants "revenge," which means she hasn't gone full egao yet (although that might very well change after Edo's duel).
    Hell, it took him 50 episodes just to stop considering Yuma an enemy, he wasn't even thinking about HELPING him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Kite is bipolar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if anyone noticed but since Bonds Beyond Time, this is the first scene that two characters from different eras - Edo and Kaito in this situation - presented in a common place and time.
    (well, if we ignore that they are altenative versions)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title of the episode was just to drive people into alienation. About the episode, it felt a bit odd, but decent, Kaito seems to have a multi-personality issue or maybe he is "EGAOing", Shun doesn't fucking bleed, is Shun's body made of Iron ? But the sad part was, having no cards to debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    The title of the episode was just to drive people into alienation. About the episode, it felt a bit odd, but decent, Kaito seems to have a multi-personality issue or maybe he is "EGAOing", Shun doesn't fucking bleed, is Shun's body made of Iron ? But the sad part was, having no cards to debut.
    Don't worry, Yuya will shill like 10 new Entermates in his next Duel (since it is a 2 parter).