Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] 06/13/2016 OCG Japan Decklists

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    I'm surprised no one brought it up. Really? No one has been talking about how dumb this card is?
    Seriously? Wasn't this obvious from the very beginning? Draw 2 cards without condition is draw 2 cards. That's automaticly BS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    I'm surprised no one brought it up. Really? No one has been talking about how dumb this card is?
    no, when it was announced most of the reactions were "not worth it, you'll probably hit your key cards", after that it wasn't mentioned til about now
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami thought banishing a quarter of your deck face-down was enough.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    no, when it was announced most of the reactions were "not worth it, you'll probably hit your key cards", after that it wasn't mentioned til about now
    I already mentioned it once, I'll mention it again.
    Decks that run 3 copies of their key cards like Blue-Eyes and DDs can use this card stupidly well. The possibility of banishing every single key card (let's say alternative white dragon) is pretty much 0. Just one simple calculation would have been enough to say if your keycard will get hit or not.
    Decks like SRPA don't run it because they have several cards only one (Taketonborg) they really don't want to get banished, but it's also not worth to run more copies of it so they'll just leave it be.
    THen we have Plasticphosis that have one copy of Fusion and only 2 copies of Counter, but you can fetch those out so quickly with almost any hand by simply setting a Scale that you can just leave the Pot for after the settings

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Banishing 5 random cards from your Extra Deck would be more of a cost, but then there are Decks that don't need Extras. Even considering they don't top that often (right now) even that would be broken

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these reactions from when it was announce are funny now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    Whoa! That's one crazy card.
    I doubt anyone would play this, since most decks (especially turbo ones), need most of its cards
    Hell, not even a cancer Exodia deck can run this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson Sphere View Post
    uhm but don't you realize you're banishing 10 cards which could be essential to your combos and prevent you from actually do your moves. like if dracopals did it they could risk banishing their 1 monkeyboard or 1 luster pendulum. or if exodia did it and banished even 1 piece of exodia, its game over
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjikun View Post
    Too risky to be used in a normal deck. This card can just have a place at decks that gain advantage with random banished cards
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    If that's the case, then yeah, i don't see it being very useful, even with banish-heavy decks. The fact that the cards banished by this card are locked off by being face-down means you will hardly ever get them back, without reshuffling them into your deck with Necroface or something, and that's not helpful much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyson Sphere View Post
    so pretty much only deck that will use this is necroface/gren maju de eiza otk
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    To be honest, i cant imagine this card being used in the metagame by any means. The risk is too high for a simple +1. I mean, draw 2 is an amazing effect, but with the possibility to completely destroy your strategy. Just imagine, you activate this thing, go +1, pretty good. Then, you try to use something like e-tele or rota and doesnt have any more targets in your deck. Now, you just lost the advantage the card gave you and might have lost your entire win condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Have i said before, this card is utter garbage ? if not i am saying it now.

This card is utter garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dance Princess View Post
    It's not a garbage card, but its very mediocre. You in general have a 3 to 1 odds of banishing a card like say Raigeki than drawing it. It's interesting though in that your odds improve somewhat the thinner your deck is, but the risk of banishing is also higher.

This isn't a card I expect to ever see its way into any tournament decks. Too sacky, too risky, not good enough in the long term. We'll probably get some new deck theme that will find a way to abuse this though. I've been using a Gren Maju Stun Deck that works to maximize the abuse of this card (summoning a 4000 ATK monster under Macro / Mistake / L1T is quite solid), but its not really a game winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Meh, I don't see how it would affect the game, in any significant way. We just get better draws for a turn, so what?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Konami also thought unbanning Snatch Steal was a good idea
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To think that the card that seemed garbage at first instance being used now in most of meta Decks is something really amusing (Cupidity).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to face the truth but... Well, at pratice shit is totally different.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Hard to face the truth but... Well, at pratice shit is totally different.
    You could have calulcated it as well