User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were suddenly put in charge of Konami, what would you do with the game?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were suddenly put in charge of Konami, what would you do with the game?

You have total control. Banlist, card creation, errata's, you name it. what would you do with it?
    inb4 unbanrulers/stratos

I'd ban or errata a shitload of searching cards, and introduce more archetype locks.
    Slow the game down, focus on diversity and make GenericExtra.dek unviable
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start over. Not saying I'd end YGO in its current form, but rather make a new TCG that's basically a YGO clone, even featuring a lot of the same cards, but altered in order to streamline effect interaction, rulings, and maintain a sense of balance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    You have total control. Banlist, card creation, errata's, you name it. what would you do with it?
    inb4 unbanrulers/stratos

I'd ban or errata a shitload of searching cards, and introduce more archetype locks.
    Same for me for a lot of those. For fun I would also try to do better merchandising for the game. There's a $h!+ ton of material invented by the game that is just begging to be mined for merchandising. Easiest immediate example: Why the hell aren't they pushing Frightfur/Fluffal pushies? Pokemon makes a killing with this stuff. Not to mention Deskbots...

I would also invest in building a working Duel Disk with Pendulum slots and well-balanced. And then I would diversify chassis to provide different models. Only a few would be available in stores, but you can buy the specialty ones online (and if they become popular enough they could go to market). Ones like the Gun Disk used by O'Brien and the Six-shooter from 5Ds. You could also get them in different colors. Technologically, well, see what is plausible at this time. I've always wanted to hook up a duel disk to a game console and play a Yugioh game using a duel disk and my actual deck.

I would errata Mutant Mindmaster into a Psychic-Type. Introduce Illusionist-Type and Armor-Ability. And then I would re-instate the Korean WP cards at 10 instead of 5.

Lastly, twice a year there would be a special pack like the Movie Pack. Except it would cover 1 season of the series with unreleased cards, retrains and signature moves etc, plus rare reprints. This would continue passed DM and into GX and onwards.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to simultaneously release several equal decks (as in more than current, say, at least six or eight) and see how that would work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would kill the game.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    inb4 unbanrulers/stratos

Create a fuckton of consistent cards that discourage people from overextending and playing like a bitch. Or just netdeck by punishing too much usage of a single archtype.
    Only way to do that on a maximum would be cards that work directly from the Deck or Extra if your opponent is overdoing it

For example:
    "If your opponent controls 4 or more Set Spell/Trap Cards, you can send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard: For the rest of this turn, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap effects. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effects activation"

"If the activation of a card you control is negated by an opponent's card effect for the second time this turn: Send this card from your hand to the Graveyard and activate one of the following effects OR if the activation of a card you control is negated by an opponent's card effect for the third time this turn: Send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard and resolve one of the following effects:
    -Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls
    -banish all monster your opponent controls.
    Then add 1 Monster from your Graveyard to your hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effects activation.

"If you had 8000 or more LP at the beginning of this turn and your opponent declares a direct attack with a monster whos ATK is equal to or higher than your LP: You can Special Summon this card from your Deck and end the Battle Phase. You take no further damage this turn"

Sounds broken for scrubs, but is the only possible method of discouraging and countering what is ruining the game: Fast game ending/OTKs and Lockdowns. Just the existence of these cards alone would be reason enough for everyone not to play like an asshole

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Question. My answer is as follows:

a) I would stop trying to be a corporate douchebag, and make everything revolve around money

b) I would do what MTG and Vanguard did, and hire REALLY talented artists to draw the artwork for cards (Not that the artwork is bad or anything, I'm just trying to make it a little better)

c) Ask (Beg) Kojima to come back, and help design some sick new themes and archtypes

d) For once in my life, I WOULD SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE FUCKIN PLAYERS!!!!! If the players want something, it will be my duty to make it happen

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how I would run Konami.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would invest in building real life Duel Runners because why not?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would build a wall in Xyz-Land to keep them away from Ritual users, and banish all illegal Ritual Monsters in the country.

Make Yu-Gi-Oh! Great again.
    Last edited by King; 15th June 2016 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Good Question. My answer is as follows:

a) I would stop trying to be a corporate douchebag, and make everything revolve around money

b) I would do what MTG and Vanguard did, and hire REALLY talented artists to draw the artwork for cards (Not that the artwork is bad or anything, I'm just trying to make it a little better)

c) Ask (Beg) Kojima to come back, and help design some sick new themes and archtypes

d) For once in my life, I WOULD SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE FUCKIN PLAYERS!!!!! If the players want something, it will be my duty to make it happen

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how I would run Konami.

awesome, but whay would you do with The Game
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.