User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were suddenly put in charge of Konami, what would you do with the game?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balancing the game would be crucial but I won't give any examples because I don't have an answer to this yet. This game is pretty complex to claim to have a definitive answer. But what I really would want to do is:

Introduce new Formats. Like, make Tag-Duel Tournaments, create a Deck Master format (like MTG's Commander but more on par with the Virtual World season of the anime) and research on how to introduce new and innovative formats every now and then. The Advanced Format would, of course, still be the main one, and I won't make set rotations on this format, but it could be a secondary format or something like that. Oh, and make something like Duelist of The Roses, but with updated rules (I'm actually working on this one).

Not directly related to the game, I would also work on better merchandising to both exiting players and to catch new ones. Plushies and figures of new and old cards are one example, but Konami is a game company (or a pao company now) and making a game to explore the lore behind the card game would be my greatest achievement as head of Konami. Yu-gi-oh! is a big franchise and as much as I like the anime, the franchise don't have to rely on it for everything.

Plus, I know everyone wants an RPG themed after the Yu-Gi-Oh! lore. Just imagine buying Potions of the Old Man, going to Dian Keto to heal up and battling through hordes of iconic monsters, maybe also adding them to your party like Shin Megami Tensei demons.

... Just let me dream...
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Plus, I know everyone wants an RPG themed after the Yu-Gi-Oh! lore. Just imagine buying Potions of the Old Man, going to Dian Keto to heal up and battling through hordes of iconic monsters, maybe also adding them to your party like Shin Megami Tensei demons.

... Just let me dream...
    WoW for Yu-Gi-Oh!. With different dimensions. Terminal World among many others. Using Sony's new VR tech. Basically, the game Kaiba was working on before Battle City.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 15th June 2016 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    awesome, but whay would you do with The Game
    Oh, that's what this is about? Man, I cannot read before I answer...

Anyways, like I said, I'd hire really talented artists for the artwork, and drag Kojima back to help get the fans excited, and develop some sick new themes and archtypes. For tournaments, I would probably improve the prizes handed out at major tournaments, kinda like magic is doing. Especially at world tournament finals. Another thing I would do, is to meet with rivals like Bushiroad and the company that makes Force of Will, and we'd have a crossover, with cards from the different games getting their own yugioh versions and vice versa (Imagine Dark magician as a vanguard card, or Blaster Blade as a yugioh card), to gather interest from a large number of fans, and get everyone into our game (well, and theirs). Promos for everyone!!

For the forbidden list, I would listen to THE PLAYERS, and through surveys and questionnaires, determine what cards should rightfully be banned, limited, etc. Fan card design competitions, with the winners able to design their own archtypes. Finally, I would change my motto, into something like "By the players, For the players" How'd that sound!