User Tag List

Thread: Power Filter vs Continous Decreasing ATK Modifiers Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Power Filter vs Continous Decreasing ATK Modifiers Question

I was reading the ruling on the wikia (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Power_Filter), and wanted to clarify what they meant about continous ATK Modifiers such as Field Spells. Would the opponent still be able to special summon monster(s) reduced to 1000 and below if I have cards that decrease atk such as Wonder Balloons or Burden of the Mighty?
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 14th June 2016 at 04:42 PM.

2. "it simply means it checks for ATK before the monster is summoned (IE in the hnad or whatever)

for example, If I have Black Whirlwind and Mystic Plasma Zone (+500 for DARKs) and summon Asura, his ATK would be 2300 when Black Whirlwind checks it, so I'd be able to search Sirocco.

Power Filters Ruling is stating it does NOT Function like that and that it checks ATK and ignores on-field ATK Modifiers, for reasons I hope are obvious

so with Power Filter in play you COULD summona LV 4 1300 ATK monster, even if your opponent has burden of the mighty to drop it under 1000"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it simply means it checks for ATK before the monster is summoned (IE in the hnad or whatever)

for example, If I have Black Whirlwind and Mystic Plasma Zone (+500 for DARKs) and summon Asura, his ATK would be 2300 when Black Whirlwind checks it, so I'd be able to search Sirocco.

Power Filters Ruling is stating it does NOT Function like that and that it checks ATK and ignores on-field ATK Modifiers, for reasons I hope are obvious

so with Power Filter in play you COULD summona LV 4 1300 ATK monster, even if your opponent has burden of the mighty to drop it under 1000
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple explanation thanks.