User Tag List

Thread: A Rebellion United - Phantom Raptors

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Rebellion United - Phantom Raptors

Yes, I know this isn't a TCG-legal deck yet, and I know this isn't even a legal OCG deck (yet, if ever), but I'm putting this here because it was made with the TCG banlist in mind, and let's be honest, there's next to zero chance the two OCG-exclusive cards in this deck aren't coming to the west.

Spoiler Alert!

Main Deck (40):

Monsters (22):
    2x RR - Tribute Lanius
    3x RR - Vanishing Lanius
    2x RR - Mimicry Lanius
    2x RR - Necro Vulture
    1x RR - Singing Lanius
    1x Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
    3x TPK of Rugged Gloves
    3x TPK of Ancient Cloak
    3x TPK of Silent Boots
    1x RR - Last Strix

Spells (14):
    1x One for One
    1x Raigeki
    1x Reinforcement of the Army
    1x Foolish Burial
    1x MST
    2x Twin Twisters
    1x Burial from a Different Dimension
    2x Cattle Call
    3x RUM - TPK of Launch*
    1x RR - Nest

Traps (4):
    3x PKs' Fog Blade
    1x Solemn Warning

Extra Deck (15):
    1x Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
    1x No. 11: Big Eye
    1x RR - Revolution Falcon
    1x Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon*
    1x No. S39: Utopia the Lightning
    1x Shark Fortress
    1x Outer Entity Azathoth
    1x RR - Blaze Falcon
    2x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
    1x No. 39: Utopia
    1x Diamond Dire Wolf
    1x RR - Force Strix
    1x TPK of Break Sword
    1x Ghostrick Alucard

Side Deck (15):
    1x Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit
    1x No. 92: Heart-eartH Dragon
    1x RR - Satellite Cannon Falcon
    1x Magi Magi Magician Gal
    1x Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon*
    1x No. S39: Utopia Prime
    1x Steelswarm Roach
    1x Abyss Dweller
    1x TPK of Break Sword
    1x RUM - Revolution Force
    1x Mistaken Accusation
    1x Prohibition
    1x Time-Space Trap Hole
    1x Bottomless Trap Hole
    1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

While Level 4s and Level 3s don't quite mix together all that well in this deck, there's enough of each that the deck usually opens with a usable hand. And while there's zero draw power, there's a whole lot of searching. The PKs are mostly there to summon Break Sword, and to search out The Phantom Knights of Launch that is integral to this deck. Speaking of the Spell, it's, interestingly, a The Phantom Knights card, meaning it can be searched by Ancient Cloak as well as Silent Boots.

Now, what does The Phantom Knights of Launch offer to the Deck? For one, it allows the Deck to summon certain monsters that would otherwise be impossible to utilize. For example, there's Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, an easy OTK condition with any Level 7 or below monster on the opponent's field and no backrow that can stop an attack. Raidraptors works especially well with TPK of Launch because it has support that can instantly summon any DARK Xyz Monster from Ranks 3 through 6 and 8, with, most importantly, no Xyz Material. This means that TPK of Launch can immediately be used on them to Xyz Summon any DARK Xyz Monster from Ranks 4 through 7 and 9, including some outright broken stuff. How's an on-demand Big Eye sound, with 0 Level 7 monsters in the Deck to brick on? Or how about an on-demand No. 92: Heart-eartH Dragon that can not only nullify everything your opponent does on their turn, but can also revive itself with an ungodly amount of ATK if popped? The best part? TPK of Launch is a Quick-Play Spell (that only works on the Main Phase). For example: Chain it, targeting your R4NK with 0 materials, to some random card your opponent plays and bring out an Azathoth to utterly waste their turn.

The only downside to TPK of Launch is that it requires the target to have no Xyz Material. And there's one lone DARK Xyz Monster that can easily dump all of its materials in one turn: Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. As a bonus, targeting Dark Rebellion to summon Dark Requiem gives you, potentially, an easy counterpart to Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon that isn't OPT at all. Not only that, Dark Requiem can revive any Xyz Monster from the Graveyard (that was properly Summoned) with no Xyz Material, allowing you to use another TPK of Launch on it.

Now, the deck isn't without faults. The major issue is the first hand - with two contrasting themes being mixed, there is a decent chance that the first hand results in something unusable, whether it be no Vanishing Lanius/Silent Boots, or a Vanishing but no other RR, or a Silent Boots but no other PK. I've considered using Allure of Darkness for additional draw power to make that less likely, but then comes the issue of not wanting to banish anything from the hand. Speaking of banishing, that's another problem; the Deck banishes a lot of resources, so drawn-out Duels can be an issue. Burial from a Different Dimension is my attempt at being able to reuse certain banished cards, especially TPK of Launch.

Then there's the Extra Deck. Good DARK R4NKs aren't exactly common, and even less so when you need cards that can easily dump materials. However, good upgrades are aplenty, and I'm not sure which ones to put in the Deck. Heart-eartH Dragon can be very potent, but requires two Extra Deck slots just for it, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Abyss Dweller can utterly wreck BA decks, but so can Azathoth and Requiem - and Abyss isn't DARK. Roach works against Blue-Eyes and Monarch, but not much else. There's also non-sided Xyz Monsters that can revive themselves as fuel for TPK of Launch: Crimson Knight Vampire Bram and Dragon Nosferatu Dragolas. The problem with those two is that they're slow, and their other effects aren't that good. Then there's Dark Flare Metal, which can easily be summoned using Revolution Falcon, but I'm not sure it's better than OE Rebellion or Big Eye.

As always, suggestions and improvements are welcome.

(By the way, there's apparently only a whopping 6 DARK R6NKs. Funny thing is, that's still 1/4 of all R6NKs in the game.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I made a deck very similar to this, only I decided to go for broke and threw in 2 Allures which work well (just banish whichever archetype you don't need at the moment). I tried 2 Pots of Desire as well but they haven't put in as much work yet and I'll probably take them out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a fun deck.

But you really need at least 2 allures. Maybe take out the two Necro Vulture for Allure of Darkness. For the third, take out MST (if a third Allure is ever needed).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would remove odd-eyes rebellion for the evolved form odd-eyes raging dragon. Same combo but is a bit more fun.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do note that the post is over 3 months old, so Raging Dragon wasn't around yet. Also, the Necro Vultures are partially to just make getting 2 RRs easier, and because I actually started to run out of Level 4 monsters a few times.

This is what my new decklist is looking like:
    Last edited by Drakylon; 27th September 2016 at 03:36 AM.