Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Fishborg Blaster...

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Fishborg Blaster...

I'd like to preface this by saying I only started playing this game again around about the time Legacy of the Valiant was coming out. As such, I haven't even got experience with Dark Strike Fighter let alone Brionac.

That said, do you guys think Fishborg Blaster could come back? Why or why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was banned because of dumb otks and the fact that it was a recurring tuner. Though now that we have pendulums, it could be safe at lower numbers. Possibly after we get true restrictionless Pendulum tuners

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well don't forget, no matter what that Restrictionless pendulum tuner will ALWAYS have the restriction of "Needs Scales"
    Fishborg just needs....essentially a frog on teh field
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone at the top brass decides to push WATER Synchro decks they may bring him out, but a "once per turn" errata would make this seem more believable.

Sadly I don't remember how the combo went, but I remember there was stuff done with Coelacanth that left you with 1 or 2 Quasars and like 6 cards in hand (I think it needed at least 2 T.G. Librarian though).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't playing competitively at the time so I could be mistaken but I believe it was the Frognarch thing
    sync with Treeborn for formula for more draws

I think there was something with Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth too, but I don't remember details. I think it was something like: use SADKC to summon Roal swamp eel, Blaster and Deepsea macrotrema and some other level 4 to go into Shooting Star Dragon off of a Discard (which was refunded by Formula)

It could probably have been a Quasar thing too. hell it could drop Red Nova if you wanted. all off a discard

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fishborg was an offender, but when Librarian got out people really got creative, 3 of that thing made the plusses real, reminescent of when Card of Safe Return was still around (how much time ago was that? I feel old thinking about these things).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Fishborg in Cloudian Quasar, similar to Coelecanth.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big synchros were an issue, that's true, but Mass Driver is what made the card stupid. It was a consistent enough deck that it won many major events and was promptly obliterated afterwards. As long as Mass Driver is kept away, Fishborg could potentially make a comeback at 1, or with an errata, although I'm not overly fond of erratas to begin with.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that an errata would be needed in this case

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fishborg Blaster might as well become limited/unlimited. Really, most decks these days can defeat a player in two turns with less resources, so making a Synchro based deck viable again would not hurt.

If anything, Konami could always reprint it with an errata change. At least there would be no reason to have Fishborg Blaster forbidden at that point.