User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About Fishborg Blaster...

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As much as I love Synchros, a Tuner with unlimited revivals is just stupidly designed. No matter if it becomes relevant or not, an effect like this just shouldn't exist in the first place. Errating it into Once per Turn would make it fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Neptabyss isn't enough for Mermails.

It won't happen. Too few restrictions and being able to activate it as many ties as possible on a turn is terrible design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being able to Revive itself for unlimited times is pretty darn broken

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I wouldn't give a damn. there so so much worse it would mean exactly nothing.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will come back, just not as you are used to it. Konami has been wanting to clean up the restricted list for awhile, and has been slowly dishing out newly-errata'd cards. People have their opinions, but the card is just a bit toxic for the game as it is now (see, I have an opinion too).

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If it matters or not, some cards are just stupidly designed. Prophecys would never make it back to meta and yet Judgment has to stay banned forever, simply because it's a stupid as fuck card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are always those cards that scream "What were they thinking?"

Then there's the ones on the list that seem innocent enough until you realize their potential. Like take Mind Master for instance. Pay 800, tribute another psychic (not even himself), special 1 lv4 or lower psychic from deck.

It seems pretty fair. Then you remember that Brain Research lab is a thing. So you can mitigate the 800 point cost. Still not that terrible. You still have to tribute a psychic.

But wait. It's not a once per turn effect.

Then the stupidity begins.

The worst part is, Konami didn't even learn from that mistake. They made Fishborg blaster with seemingly "heavy" restrictions but no once per turn or self banish clause a full four packs later.

There are so many cards sitting on the banlist right now that if they had a simple "You can only use the effect of X once per turn" it would be fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fishborg Blaster won't see a return because what's the point?
    If it turns out to be super strong in lets say Mermail/Atlanteans (not sure if Blaster Triggers Atlanteans) or a Colecanth OTK Deck then it will be incredibly toxic for the game.
    If you Errata it so it is useless, then what's the point of even bringing it back (Sinister Serpent).
    And if it does nothing, well then you have just taken a risk without any pay-off.
    Let's face it this card is terribly designed and even though it might not do anything right now, it could limit design space because this card will just be a living time-bomb. Maybe it does nothing when it comes off the list, but once a Deck can abuse it, oh boy will you hate this card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I'd like to preface this by saying I only started playing this game again around about the time Legacy of the Valiant was coming out. As such, I haven't even got experience with Dark Strike Fighter let alone Brionac.

That said, do you guys think Fishborg Blaster could come back? Why or why not?
    Mermail. It triggers Atlantean cards and Gunde, while granting you additional cards using Formula Synchron etc. Limit him to once per turn (as in, "You can only Special Summon 1 "Fishborg Blaster" per turn.") and we might have a deal. Either that or banish him when he leaves the field.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, this was a very informative thread and I'm glad to have made it.