User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [INOV] Yang Zing card revealed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate and am entertained by the fact that the destroyed monster will almost always miss the timing (this pretty much has to be Chain Link 2, right?) but
    >Solemn that spins and belongs to an archetype that can search its S/T pretty easily

Konami, why do you insist on making blanket negation Counter Traps. If you want blanket negation, it should at least be on a Normal Trap. Counter Traps should pretty much always have more specific criteria because it's substantially harder to prevent them from going off. Not even going to comment on how boring it is as a card.

On a lore note, that's the Qli thingy from Qliphort Down (I kinda expect it to be brought over as "Qliphort System Freeze" tbh, otherwise it misses the reference to Void Vanishment, or maybe even "System Qlize" ahahaha) in the background. I think. It might just be the tree from Oracle of Zefra again. Not sure what the thing in the foreground is.
    Also I just now realized how they froze Devyaty. Whoever writes the DT storyline really likes Ice Barriers.

@Comun: While that's true, I think in this case it's a coincidence. I could be wrong, but I think in this case it's more likely to be "The Nine Branches" than "The Ninth Branch", if you get what I mean.
    Last edited by Kindrindra; 25th June 2016 at 02:06 AM.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    I appreciate and am entertained by the fact that the destroyed monster will almost always miss the timing (this pretty much has to be Chain Link 2, right?) but
    >Solemn that spins and belongs to an archetype that can search its S/T pretty easily

Konami, why do you insist on making blanket negation Counter Traps. If you want blanket negation, it should at least be on a Normal Trap. Counter Traps should pretty much always have more specific criteria because it's substantially harder to prevent them from going off. Not even going to comment on how boring it is as a card.

On a lore note, that's the Qli thingy from Qliphort Down (I kinda expect it to be brought over as "Qliphort System Freeze" tbh, otherwise it misses the reference to Void Vanishment, or maybe even "System Qlize" ahahaha) in the background. I think. It might just be the tree from Oracle of Zefra again. Not sure what the thing in the foreground is.
    Also I just now realized how they froze Devyaty. Whoever writes the DT storyline really likes Ice Barriers.

@Comun: While that's true, I think in this case it's a coincidence. I could be wrong, but I think in this case it's more likely to be "The Nine Branches" than "The Ninth Branch", if you get what I mean.
    It negates the activation, not just the effect -> the last thing that happens in the chain is the destruction of the Yang Zing, EXCEPT if this was activated as Chain Link 3 or higher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now I have to make the embarrassing confession that I didn't know that that was how negating activation worked until now. Well that's uh. Even more painfully annoyingly designed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    And now I have to make the embarrassing confession that I didn't know that that was how negating activation worked until now. Well that's uh. Even more painfully annoyingly designed.

"You didn't know something" is not embarassing in this game, YGOTAS isn't kidding when they make jokes about how convoluted the game is, there really are a fuckton of stupid obscure rules that you wouldn't come across in many duels
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't help the rulebook forgets to explain most of them

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    Doesn't help the rulebook forgets to explain most of them
    the rulebook is the simple things, you have to look at rulings to get the deeper mechanics....and then rulings of rulings for the more stupid mechanics
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should make a complementary advanced rulebook for expert players.

Edit: On the card, this is amazing. Gonna go full helmet mode with 3 of these, 3 path and 4 solems plus ariadne to search them out.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    They should make a complementary advanced rulebook for expert players.

Edit: On the card, this is amazing. Gonna go full helmet mode with 3 of these, 3 path and 4 solems plus ariadne to search them out.
    How to get hated by everyone: Step 1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 2: Play R4NK Spam or Monarchs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I guess they can have another Counter Trap to abuse :^)