User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every Ruling Resource Ever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Every Ruling Resource Ever

Hello all! I believe it would be remiss of us to not have a collection of ruling resources in the section.*

These resources should be linked in threads when relevant, to enable users to read further into the mechanics about which they are actually asking. Teach a man to fish, etc.

*Alright, not EVERY resource ever is on this page, but if you know everything on this list, you're doing pretty well.

The Demystifying Rulings Series
    Part 0: The Rulebook, and Motivation for Learning Rulings
    Part 1: Introduction to PSCT; Costs and Chains
    Part 2: Targeting
    Part 3: SEGOC
    Part 4: 'When' Optional Effects (i.e. 'Missing the Timing')
    Part 5: Summons
    Part 6: Timing and Causation
    Part 7: Fast Effect Timing
    Part 8: The Battle Phase
    Part 9: The Damage Step
    Part 10: Negation
    Part 11: Move Legality
    Part 12: The Game State, Verifications, and ATK Modifiers
    Part 13: Normal Summons, Forgetting, and the Highlander Clause

Miscellaneous Rulings
    Prohibition and Psi-Blocker

Necrovalley

Mystical Refpanel

Location Matters (e.g. MST vs CotH vs Deneb)

Advanced ATK Modifiers

Phase Mechanics (A subset of Fast Effect Timing)

Multiple Negation Effects

The Perfect Rulebook

Printable ruling resources are available here. There is also an excellent article about what judges should and should not answer here.

Feedback on these resources and suggestions for new ones can be posted in this thread.
    Last edited by bilaterus; 5th July 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so that Deneb thing was different between OCG and TCG after all, my bad mofiz
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!
    I have one suggestion: at The Damage Step, there's one paragraph saying:
    If either battling monster has been destroyed at some point in the Damage Step before now (e.g. because of El Shaddoll Construct), then the Damage Step would end before getting to this point. A replay would not occur though – recall that those can only occur during the Battle Step.
    I suggest changing it to:
    If either battling monster has left the field at some point in the Damage Step before now (e.g. because of El Shaddoll Construct), then the Damage Step would end before getting to this point. A replay would not occur though – recall that those can only occur during the Battle Step.
    Because it also happens if the monster was not destroyed but still left the field. It's a detail, but it's more generic.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Ok so that Deneb thing was different between OCG and TCG after all, my bad mofiz
    Atleast that's clearified now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Atleast that's clearified now
    And I don't need to dig though Literally over 9000 Comments to find ruling links now
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Awesome!
    I have one suggestion: at The Damage Step, there's one paragraph saying:

I suggest changing it to:

Because it also happens if the monster was not destroyed but still left the field. It's a detail, but it's more generic.
    Done.

Oh, also, I posted a new article, and added another section to https://ygorganization.com/learnrulingspart12 under Verification.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilaterus View Post
    Done.
    Ah, thank you! Another suggestion: could you add a link to the perfect rulebook at the intro, please? Just to have everything into on place.

Quote Originally Posted by bilaterus View Post
    Oh, also, I posted a new article, and added another section to https://ygorganization.com/learnrulingspart12 under Verification.
    The new article is nice. Covers stuff people usually ask for, like the Highlander clause and the Forgetting. The Normal Summon part reminds me the wikia page on Normal Summons could use a revamp, since multiple Normal Summons are starting to be a common thing nowadays.

That new section about verification is precious. I actually asked for something similar to it on the wikia a couple of days ago. Is this serendipity or...? Anyway, my question (which was answered at the wikia) would be how I could be sure player A had the correct card to be able to activate the effect, what would be the official means to make sure of it.

Lastly, if you don't have any ideas for a next article, I'd suggest doing something about the End Phase. For instance, what happens if I discard "Ruffian Railcar" for the hand size limit? In this case, do I still have the chance to get a search?

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First off: Great article
    I have some questions regarding it.

1) If a monster gets flipped face-down, does it forget if it was previously Tribute Summoned?
    Let's say, my opponent controls a tribute Summoned Monarch and the Dominion. If I flip it face-down with Book of Moon, am I able to Summon from my Extra Deck afterwards? ALSO, in that same Scenario, are the Level 8 Monarchs able to use that Monster as a single Tribute Material because of her "You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a Tribute Summoned Tribute Monster"

2) You stated "For example, a “Yosenju” monster set by Book of Eclipse will return to the hand in the End Phase if Normal Summoned that turn."
    Does this imply that the yosenju is flipped-face up again? Because the effect should be activating during the Endphase, which can't happen if it's still face-down at that point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) If a monster gets flipped face-down, does it forget if it was previously Tribute Summoned?
    Let's say, my opponent controls a tribute Summoned Monarch and the Dominion. If I flip it face-down with Book of Moon, am I able to Summon from my Extra Deck afterwards? ALSO, in that same Scenario, are the Level 8 Monarchs able to use that Monster as a single Tribute Material because of her "You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a Tribute Summoned Tribute Monster"
    I guess it doesn't forget, because you can Tribute Set monsters, and they can still be used as the one Tribute for the big Monarchs (you can't Fusion/Ritual/Synchro/Xyz Summon in face-down position). Also, bilaterus has it like "If it was flipped face-down, it WILL forget where it was Special Summoned from", which makes me think it only applies to Special Summon.

2) You stated "For example, a “Yosenju” monster set by Book of Eclipse will return to the hand in the End Phase if Normal Summoned that turn."
    Does this imply that the yosenju is flipped-face up again? Because the effect should be activating during the Endphase, which can't happen if it's still face-down at that point.
    If it's face-down, since it's a Trigger effect, it won't trigger (that would be my guess).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off: Great article
    I have some questions regarding it.

It doesn't forget, a special summoned monster that was booked is still a valid C101 target, for exmple

In the yosenju case,it needs to be faceup to bounce, but will remember that it was normal summoned