User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you play online? If yes, what medium is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had so many awful experiences with every online dueling platform I've used. It comes with the nature of the game. DevPro in particular has always been a thorn in my side, even more unstable than the Salvation server. The only reason it is the most popular alternative towards Dueling Network is because people on YouTube use it en masse. I try to use a YGOPro variant because DN is absolute garbage for playing OCG (You have to go to Unlimited and you always get someone running triple Pot of Greed instead), but there's always a consecutive issue: how you play.

Biggest fault of Dueling Network is the way it is structured, and it isn't even a bad thing. The issue is that it can realistically only ever support the TCG, which alienates most of the people in the world who play YGO. I love Dueling Network, even if there has been some really bad experiences in the past with some of the members and admins alike, but I really like where the site has evolved to. Far less problems, far more people worth playing with. Would love to see them try to branch out, even if I've been repeatedly told they either don't want to or don't think it's worth it.

I've used a handful of the YGOPro programs, and I have to give it that each has their own odd little charm. Percy would be the best version if it didn't update once every two months, DevPro would be the best version if it worked on stability over cosmetics, and Salvation Server has a lot it tries to do, but it's only a niche thing for testing cards after they are posted on the Org relatively quickly.

I remember when YGOPro was a niche little thing which you had to use Hamachi to use, but it would always have frequent updates. I've nagged multiple people here to try it out before eventually they made it much more accessible.

It's always going to be a love/hate relationship, but in the end I am happy that there are so many ways to play, and so many passionate people who make all of these fun little ways to play. Nothing is perfect, but it doesn't stop me from getting to play with all of my friends in the way they want to play. I'm not too picky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, I remember trying to get YVD to work; I never did. Then, about 3 years ago, I heard about DevPro and have been using it since. Though, it is lackluster in updates at times, which can be quite annoying if you're impatient like me.

I used to use DN for dueling, but I cannot stand how long a single round takes. That, and the community is detrimental to one's mental health. People tend to lack reading comprehension and they call admins/GMs for the most ridiculous things.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 17th September 2015 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to play on KCVDS way back in the day. A bit on YVD too. I used to mainly play on YGOPro (still do sometimes vs AI) and recently I've moved to Salvation, which is alright. Can be buggy sometimes but they're pretty quick on the fixes. I'm having troubles with Devpro (a few months ago it worked fine, but when I tried again recently it doesn't) and I don't play on DN because I prefer things to be automatic. I'm more used to that since I've played very little YGO irl, but I've put countless hours into the games (mainly the DS ones).
    Last edited by pyrQ; 18th September 2015 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play mostly on Devoro and Salvation

DN:
    - Good for competitive players
    - Best simulation of the actual game as in, you make you own moves, no program to ask you if you want to play this card etc.
    - Pretty bad community and moderators
    - Lots of flame wars

Salvation:
    - The program with the fastest updates
    - I use it for testing new cards when they come out and then make that deck on Devpro once it updates
    - Downside: still pretty new so bugs and crashes happens a lot, less players than Devpro

Devpro:
    - Automated
    - Stable servers
    - Big player base

Virtually Savlation and. Devpro are the same thing except Salv is faster with updates

Registered User Scarlight Pandaemonium's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DevPro, mostly because my circle of friends uses it. I'm not a big fan of it's online userbase though, as I usually seen hordes of the exact same deck whenever I duel randoms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DevPro mostly because i don't like the community on all the other online sim's.
    Last edited by JoJoToast; 14th October 2015 at 03:31 AM.