User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Do you play online? If yes, what medium is it?

  1. #1
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Do you play YGO online? If yes, what medium is it?

    Just something that I'm curious about since the majority of YGO online players play in DN. What other sites/apps do you use if any?

    Personally for me, I use Devpro, since I'm okay with Dueling Network if not for the fact that some people don't understand rulings there :/ For example, the ever old but gold "MST negates"

    Also most cards that I play for fun Inferno Tempest ahoy can't be used in DN due to the sheer amount of clicking that'd need to be done so there's that.


    So what medium do you guys use, if you play online?
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  2. #2
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use DevPro. I've heard really terrible things about Duelling Network...

    Mind you, I hate how long it takes for cards to update on DevPro. On the other hand, the servers don't get flooded with people using the same new cards and they don't take chances (too much) with uncertain properties of cards (such as Majespecter Unicorn and Majestic Pegasus) and that's why I don't use Salvation.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like many people I first discovered Dueling Network. Overall it's a good place if you're into the competitive aspect of the game, though until you get enough experience you'll often face opponent who have difficulty with the rules and rulings when playing in rated. The unrated section is always a nice place, where people are often testing new decks and willing to help each other.

    I used to have Devpro, though I've had a little experience with it because after one of the updates the program unfortunately stopped working and I never got myself to install it again. The fact that it's fully automated is a plus, because the gameplay is faster and you get to play cards like "Convulsion of Nature". Playing Tag duels is probably what I like the most. I've never had the chance to try the checkmate servers, where from what I've heard you get to face experienced players.

    I haven't tried YgoPro (Percy) nor Salvation, so I'll save my thoughts about them. I'll just say that Salvation in my opinion is okay, as long as you don't play with old cards, because some of them are not coded correctly and I've seen duels where for example your opponent can attack while you have two Magician's Valkyria on the field. For those of you who play on YgoPro I'd suggest you to keep an eye on YGOhack137 if you want a faster access to the new cards.


    Other than that I think it's kind of sad that we don't have an official online Yu-Gi-Oh! simulator right now. Unfortunately Duel Arena was not able to become a worthy successor to Yu-Gi-Oh! Online. And who knows if or when Konami is planning to release another online simulator.

  4. #4
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I use DevPro. I've heard really terrible things about Duelling Network...

    Mind you, I hate how long it takes for cards to update on DevPro. On the other hand, the servers don't get flooded with people using the same new cards and they don't take chances (too much) with uncertain properties of cards (such as Majespecter Unicorn and Majestic Pegasus) and that's why I don't use Salvation.
    Honestly I found Devpro's updates alright, but they do have some bugs in there (timer bug is one). Then again

    (such as Majespecter Unicorn and Majestic Pegasus)
    Oh dear god no


    Quote Originally Posted by サッシ View Post
    Like many people I first discovered Dueling Network. Overall it's a good place if you're into the competitive aspect of the game, though until you get enough experience you'll often face opponent who have difficulty with the rules and rulings when playing in rated. The unrated section is always a nice place, where people are often testing new decks and willing to help each other.

    I used to have Devpro, though I've had a little experience with it because after one of the updates the program unfortunately stopped working and I never got myself to install it again. The fact that it's fully automated is a plus, because the gameplay is faster and you get to play cards like "Convulsion of Nature". Playing Tag duels is probably what I like the most. I've never had the chance to try the checkmate servers, where from what I've heard you get to face experienced players.

    I haven't tried YgoPro (Percy) nor Salvation, so I'll save my thoughts about them. I'll just say that Salvation in my opinion is okay, as long as you don't play with old cards, because some of them are not coded correctly and I've seen duels where for example your opponent can attack while you have two Magician's Valkyria on the field. For those of you who play on YgoPro I'd suggest you to keep an eye on YGOhack137 if you want a faster access to the new cards.


    Other than that I think it's kind of sad that we don't have an official online Yu-Gi-Oh! simulator right now. Unfortunately Duel Arena was not able to become a worthy successor to Yu-Gi-Oh! Online. And who knows if or when Konami is planning to release another online simulator.

    Legacy of the Duelist works, but the main thing is that it's console based I hope that they release it on PC (maybe via Steam maybe?), it really looks awesome!
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  5. #5
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YGOpro, rarely
    I playtest against teh AI more then actual people.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarafkiel View Post
    Legacy of the Duelist works, but the main thing is that it's console based I hope that they release it on PC (maybe via Steam maybe?), it really looks awesome!

    Legacy of the Duelist was definitely Konami's pet project after the end of Duel Arena. I have to say that it's a really nice edition to the Yu-Gi-Oh! game library. Hopefully there will be a PC version in the future.

  7. #7
    Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started playing online, the only thing that was really around was Yugioh Virtual Desktop (YVD for short), and that was the go-to for online dueling for many years until Dueling Network came out. Naturally, I migrated over to that since YVD was comparatively more annoying to set up, and because DN was overall better, everyone else was switching too. Flash forward another few years and I was informed by new friends that there was a new online sim called DevPro so I gave it a spin. Met a lot of nice people there and entered a new circle of friends, which was nice. Not too long after, maybe a year and a half to two years, something happened at Devpro and all of their English staff, save for a handful, were 'fired' for whatever reason. I took that as a bad sign ans stopped using it, and didn't duel online for a good while. Then I was told about Salvation Pro, name seemed a bit silly, but they promised faster card updates and fast bug fixes, so I gave it a try. Eventually, all my other friends jumped on board it as well, so now I stick with Salv.

    I saw some comments saying people had issues with it, and it does have flaws, but whenever I reported an issue it was fixed that same day, usually within the hour. I can't really complain about that. I do agree that they shouldn't add cards with uncertain stats/effects though.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

  8. #8
    Registered User Sakuya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god yvd, it didn't even have card arts come with the download did it?

    While ygo/devpro are objectively better from a ease of use pov, it always felt a lot more disconnected comapred to dn. Something about how you have to do all the little things and just like the huge size of the ui makes it feel a lot more personal or something. Also I'm salty i don't grt the option to sctivatr traps sometimes

  9. #9
    Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it didn't, the arts were a separate optional download. I think they were originally done by someone outside of YVD but I don't fully remember.

    That's a fair point about the auto-sims. The one thing I personally hated about DN are the people who simply don't know rulings, and drag the game to a halt while waiting for a mod to show up. There are many ways to avoid that, of course so it's more of a personal annoyance than anything. I strictly play with friends now, but they all use Salv anyway. For me, personally, if I want the real-life feel of playing the game with all of it's little nuances, I'll just go to locals.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

  10. #10
    Registered User Archfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly on Dueling Network, but I occasionally play on Salvation.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •