User Tag List

Thread: Masquerade vs. Kozmos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Masquerade vs. Kozmos

So, I'm debating on whether or not to keep Number 104: Masquerade in my Yosenju deck, noting that it might be able to take care of Kozmos during the battle phase at most, and someone suggested I do so for that reason, but... what cards would it be effective against? In case you forgot it, here's the effect of Masquerade:

During either player's Battle Phase, when an opponent's monster effect is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    So, I'm debating on whether or not to keep Number 104: Masquerade in my Yosenju deck, noting that it might be able to take care of Kozmos during the battle phase at most, and someone suggested I do so for that reason, but... what cards would it be effective against? In case you forgot it, here's the effect of Masquerade:
    ...What exactly is your ruling question now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    ...What exactly is your ruling question now?
    Not so much a ruling question than a gameplay question: what Kozmo effects would be viable for Masquerade's negation effect?
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Not so much a ruling question than a gameplay question: what Kozmo effects would be viable for Masquerade's negation effect?
    Wrong thread I would say but: Masquerade can't do anything against Kozmoz. Before you or them enter the Battle Phase, they can chain whatever they want anyway so you're pretty screwed. The only thing 104 can somewhat influence in the Battle Phase would be honest

Ofcourse if they only have a Sliprider and no Pilot, then it would be handy but at that point S39 would be the better choice
    Last edited by Mofiz; 29th June 2016 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems S39 is the answer to everything, for people... Well, thanks for that.