User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yugioh using real HOLOGRAMS!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yugioh using real HOLOGRAMS!!

Hey guys. Was just browsing on the net, and I found the most interesting piece of Yu-gi-oh news, and no, it's not about new cards.

A software developer, going by the name of General Heed, has actually managed to re-create the element that made the original Yu-Gi-Oh series so much fun: Holographic monsters!! This guy has actually entered the pre-alpha phase of development, and has managed to make holographic monsters and of course, the cards, pop up right in front of your eyes, provided that you use the Microsoft HoloLens VR goggles. But don't take it from me. Below is a link to his blog, and the article where I first read about this:

http://yugiohforhololens.blogspot.ae/
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-stage/.103026

What I want to know, is what everyone else in the community thinks. Is it great? Not so much? A long time coming? Let the debate about the potential future of the game's experience begin!!
    I just LOVE a good hug...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is awesome, and if I can afford it when it cones out, I may take it to locals.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further proof that Duel Gazers were a backwards step. Glad that this seems to be a thing though.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Further proof that Duel Gazers were a backwards step. Glad that this seems to be a thing though.
    I just LOVE a good hug...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, I never got the recent hype about VR (seeing as how it flopped horribly when it first came out), and honestly, I was kinda hoping for something like Eye of Judgment, than actual VR holograms. I think the time for this mechanic has passed, and it shouldn't be explored, further, but that's just my opinion.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Meh, I never got the recent hype about VR (seeing as how it flopped horribly when it first came out), and honestly, I was kinda hoping for something like Eye of Judgment, than actual VR holograms. I think the time for this mechanic has passed, and it shouldn't be explored, further, but that's just my opinion.
    Then you've never seen what the HTC Vive has. Those games are awesome and a hell lot of fun. Also they seem to be quite realistic, according to some people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really that interested in the new VR craze; I was around when it first sparked, and I'm expecting this to die a slow, painful death like that did.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not really that interested in the new VR craze; I was around when it first sparked, and I'm expecting this to die a slow, painful death like that did.
    Oh you have no idea. If you are talking about the occulus, that was some pile of crap that made anything look real. To make something FEEL real you do stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_spUrGIaM0

No in all honesty, the HTC Vives principle so much more developed and feels beautiful

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VR isn't dying. It's barely just begun. Barely scratched the surface of possibilities.

Anyway, all we need now is for someone to come up with a real working Duel Disk to connect to this.

Remember guys, VR glasses got really popular just before Graystone Industries made that A.I. breakthrough with their new robot line- the Cylons.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    VR isn't dying. It's barely just begun. Barely scratched the surface of possibilities.

Anyway, all we need now is for someone to come up with a real working Duel Disk to connect to this.

Remember guys, VR glasses got really popular just before Graystone Industries made that A.I. breakthrough with their new robot line- the Cylons.
    I already have an idea how all of this would work. Connect the HTC Vive to a Mini Computer Duel Disk that has some sort of YGOpro installed. The cards are just blank metallic thin papers that work as magnets on the Duel Disk but through the VR Google you see actuals cards on it, with stuff like "activate, normal summon, special summon" on them, so you can click on whatever you want to do. The only real problem here is making 8000 holograms and painting all of them, as well animations. Though I would say, make some categories, like humanoid being, Dragons, swordfighter and give them corresponding animations, and instead of colouring those, you can "leave that part" to the community where they can colour their own monsters themselves and upload the textures on some forum so everyone can access whatever skin they want. And for the surrounding, use something like in DSOD