User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [INOV] Fullmetalfoes Alcaest

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    To be fair, Clash of Rebellions could be spun as being semi-indicative of Joey's underdog status (when was the last time you saw a rebellion billed as anything but downtrodden and trying to rise up outside of maybe FTL?) or his general penchant for fighting (the 'clash' part), whereas the 'Breaker' of BOSH could be spun as being indicative of Buster Blader.

It's all in how you spin a thing.
    ... Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon was the cover card for Clash of Rebellions.

Although I can honestly say I'm not sure what Breakers of Shadow was supposed to reference. Perhaps Buster Blader but I would have thought then it would be Busters of Shadow, then there's the cover card- Enlightenment Paladin is a DARK attribute despite it's name and appearance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    ... Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon was the cover card for Clash of Rebellions.

Although I can honestly say I'm not sure what Breakers of Shadow was supposed to reference. Perhaps Buster Blader but I would have thought then it would be Busters of Shadow, then there's the cover card- Enlightenment Paladin is a DARK attribute despite it's name and appearance.
    they don't have to be referencing anything

Generation Force, XXXXX of the Duelist, Raging Battle, Metal Raiders (remember that?)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    they don't have to be referencing anything

Generation Force, XXXXX of the Duelist, Raging Battle, Metal Raiders (remember that?)
    Metal Raiders had a lot of the cards from Bandit Keith, of which a chapter of the manga featuring him was titled "Heavy Metal Raiders". You should have said Labyrinth of Nightmare. Although the nightmare part could be a reference to the fact that the ocg set was mostly made of Bakura's cards, the set had nothing to do with a Labyrinth.

But we were just talking about the 900 series in particular and mostly just the past year's peculiar choices of set names.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 4th July 2016 at 04:21 AM.