User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [INOV] Present Card

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    Because Dragunity already does that? idk, Konami be smoking bad weed when it comes to Synchro and good weed when it comes to Xyz, making Synchro restrictive and Xyz OP af!

Konami just hates on Synchro in general. 90% of the new Xyz are amazing, while 50% of the new Synchro are decent at best.
    It really hurts me whenever I see a generic Synchro with medicore effect, while generic Xyz, namely the R4NK toolbox, are broken af, even more with the inherit Rank-Up most of them have these days.
    Pray for writers bring some good Resonator Support when Jack comes to the screen.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Pray for writers bring some good Resonator Support when Jack comes to the screen.
    I was praying so much for that. The entire Synchro Arc is over and it was the longest part of Arc V so far and we only got a handful of good Synchro Support from it. Crystal Wing, Scar-right and Red Resonator. Some other cards are useful as well, but not much as a generic Synchro Engine
    We better see some good stuff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    I was praying so much for that. The entire Synchro Arc is over and it was the longest part of Arc V so far and we only got a handful of good Synchro Support from it. Crystal Wing, Scar-right and Red Resonator. Some other cards are useful as well, but not much as a generic Synchro Engine
    We better see some good stuff
    Considering they are able to bust an archtype by only giving then only 2 cards (D/D). Hoping is not a bad idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wall'O'Text incoming, but my attempt to add a different perspective to the ongoing discussion.

If the Resonator Dragon has its rumored effect, it's effect boils down to a step-up Synchro for Dark Dragons. Now, the argument I'm seeing is that this is too restrictive, that it is bad card design because it is so heavily restricted to one deck. That this one card reflects the continued trend of 'gimping' Synchro monsters. But let's consider the facts. Resonators are meant to be a generic Synchro engine, one that can be used alongside just about any non-tuners. Hence why even Jack's deck is full of various monsters not even part of the same archetype. Even in the TCG and OCG, we've seen Red Resonator and Synkro Resonator appear in turbo decks, so it's been proven that this design works. So imagine a world where this Resonator Dragon is released without the restriction. Instead of only boosting Resonators, it would also boost all of these turbo decks, as you would just end up with Red Res + any Level 4 = Crystal Wing + 2100 LP. Sure, it is a -1 in pure card advantage, but it will pay itself off later on due to the power of Crystal Wing, not only in this meta but in general. What you need to accept is that Synchro Monsters are not Xyz Monsters. Synchro monsters were designed as bosses that could only be accessed by certain archetypes and certain themes, archetypes and themes that could support running tuner monsters. Even from the beginning, they were boss monsters that would not clog your hand if you drew into them with no way to summon. So how does this design differ from Xyz Monsters?

On the other hand, Xyz monsters were designed as a toolbox, a set of different effects that you could access when needed as long as you combined 2 monsters you control. Look at all the initial Xyz monsters, and even many of them today. They give decks something that they may not have had in themed support, Utopia with attack negation or Aero Shark with burn damage. Do Xyz monsters still hit this mark today? Yes. They do. You can run Lightning as an out to battle effects and strong monsters, you can run Castel to spin threats, you run Dire to kill cards, etc. Now don't get me wrong, some Xyz Monsters do have powerful effects. But if you are investing multiple monsters into it, they should. However, you cannot make the argument that there is not a subset of Synchro Monsters that have powerful effects, because there are. On top of that, even some Synchros float, just like some Xyzs. But overall, many Synchros serve as the boss monsters for archetypes, just the same as many Xyz monsters do, but with the additional limitation of tuners. So to paraphrase, the difference is that Xyz monsters can be accessed by anything, but Synchros are specialized to a specific subset of archetypes and themes.

So let's return to this Resonator Dragon question - Why is it good card design to keep it archetype-support locked? I believe I've already made my argument for the intent of different roles for Synchros and Xyzs, and if you start making more and more Synchros that are just toolbox options, that could be starting down a dark path. Quickly, the line between Xyzs and Synchros will disappear, and there will be really no different outside of matching levels vs not matching levels. Right now, I personally like how Synchro capability is another bonus added to a theme when it is being designed. There is a reason why Graydles get a tuner, or why Infernoid Decatron is a tuner despite there not being an Infernoid Synchro. As for speculation, I think Konami is probably being very careful that it doesn't return back to the days of TeleDAD, when you just threw in a separate engine to get tuners onto the field just because the Synchro monsters were so powerful. Because look at our current meta - when even the deck designed to lock out summons from the Extra Deck begins to add tuners, Fusions, Synchros, and Xyzs, the card designers have to return to the drawing board to figure out what went wrong. Because while Xyz Summoning is meant to be an option for all decks, Synchro Summoning is not and you shouldn't promote generic inclusion of Synchros in everything.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quincymccoy View Post
    Wall'O'Text incoming, but my attempt to add a different perspective to the ongoing discussion.

If the Resonator Dragon has its rumored effect, it's effect boils down to a step-up Synchro for Dark Dragons. Now, the argument I'm seeing is that this is too restrictive, that it is bad card design because it is so heavily restricted to one deck. That this one card reflects the continued trend of 'gimping' Synchro monsters. But let's consider the facts. Resonators are meant to be a generic Synchro engine, one that can be used alongside just about any non-tuners. Hence why even Jack's deck is full of various monsters not even part of the same archetype. Even in the TCG and OCG, we've seen Red Resonator and Synkro Resonator appear in turbo decks, so it's been proven that this design works. So imagine a world where this Resonator Dragon is released without the restriction. Instead of only boosting Resonators, it would also boost all of these turbo decks, as you would just end up with Red Res + any Level 4 = Crystal Wing + 2100 LP. Sure, it is a -1 in pure card advantage, but it will pay itself off later on due to the power of Crystal Wing, not only in this meta but in general. What you need to accept is that Synchro Monsters are not Xyz Monsters. Synchro monsters were designed as bosses that could only be accessed by certain archetypes and certain themes, archetypes and themes that could support running tuner monsters. Even from the beginning, they were boss monsters that would not clog your hand if you drew into them with no way to summon. So how does this design differ from Xyz Monsters?

On the other hand, Xyz monsters were designed as a toolbox, a set of different effects that you could access when needed as long as you combined 2 monsters you control. Look at all the initial Xyz monsters, and even many of them today. They give decks something that they may not have had in themed support, Utopia with attack negation or Aero Shark with burn damage. Do Xyz monsters still hit this mark today? Yes. They do. You can run Lightning as an out to battle effects and strong monsters, you can run Castel to spin threats, you run Dire to kill cards, etc. Now don't get me wrong, some Xyz Monsters do have powerful effects. But if you are investing multiple monsters into it, they should. However, you cannot make the argument that there is not a subset of Synchro Monsters that have powerful effects, because there are. On top of that, even some Synchros float, just like some Xyzs. But overall, many Synchros serve as the boss monsters for archetypes, just the same as many Xyz monsters do, but with the additional limitation of tuners. So to paraphrase, the difference is that Xyz monsters can be accessed by anything, but Synchros are specialized to a specific subset of archetypes and themes.

So let's return to this Resonator Dragon question - Why is it good card design to keep it archetype-support locked? I believe I've already made my argument for the intent of different roles for Synchros and Xyzs, and if you start making more and more Synchros that are just toolbox options, that could be starting down a dark path. Quickly, the line between Xyzs and Synchros will disappear, and there will be really no different outside of matching levels vs not matching levels. Right now, I personally like how Synchro capability is another bonus added to a theme when it is being designed. There is a reason why Graydles get a tuner, or why Infernoid Decatron is a tuner despite there not being an Infernoid Synchro. As for speculation, I think Konami is probably being very careful that it doesn't return back to the days of TeleDAD, when you just threw in a separate engine to get tuners onto the field just because the Synchro monsters were so powerful. Because look at our current meta - when even the deck designed to lock out summons from the Extra Deck begins to add tuners, Fusions, Synchros, and Xyzs, the card designers have to return to the drawing board to figure out what went wrong. Because while Xyz Summoning is meant to be an option for all decks, Synchro Summoning is not and you shouldn't promote generic inclusion of Synchros in everything.
    The thing about being restricted to Resonators is, that there are only 3 good tools which are Red, Synkron and Chain, the latter not being run at several copies or at all. You would have to max out the Calls and Red Resonators to actually go for that Crystal Wing which is a) not always possible (about 57% in a 40 card deck) and b) fair for those conditions. This is not like a D/D Tuner that can be fetched out in about 100% of the cases, which makes D/D Alexander safe to run.

Running an Extra Deck Monster that is not always accessable should atleast have the advantage of going for a BIG play. And instead of going for this and waiting for a Red Res in hand, I and probably almost anyone else would prefer a more generic and secure tool like Stardust Charge Warrior.

So at the moment the best this card can do is summoning a quick Red-Deamons Abyss. That would require having a Level 3 Resonator in the Graveyard, and as we all know, all Level 3 Resonators don't do absolutely ANYTHING (except for Creation a little bit). So if you max out one Level 3 Resonators and have a Level 3 non Tuner that can be summoned as well (let's say Taketomborg), you will end your turn with an Abyss, and only with a probability of estimated 30%.
    This exactly is the issue. There is WAY better stuff that can do that. Summoning Scarright can be done quickly by summoning Red + Level Modifier/Primitive Butterfly and the like. Summoning Abyss an be done quickly by summoning a Primitive with two Resonators OR a Level 5 discard SSer (The Tricky, Galaxy Soldier) and a Junk Synchron and the list goes on. These are way better and don't waste a precious Extra Deck Spot for a card whose only purpose it is to summon a bigger monster, that can already be summoned in way better AND non restrictive ways.

I don't mind the Resonator Restriction IF it would go for more than just an Abyss or the like. It's just that the impact to requirement ratio is horrible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quincymccoy View Post

By that POV it seems the first Synchros ever created are Lord Omega, Scarlight and Black Rose, because there is only a few Synchros that rewards the effort. If Synchros were designed to be at least Generic Bosses, make them worth the Slot in the Extra and in the Main because of the tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's up with Konami and these absurd draw cards (although this one helps the opponent more than you)? First we got Demise, then Silent Burning, then Opening Ceremony, and finally this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    What's up with Konami and these absurd draw cards (although this one helps the opponent more than you)? First we got Demise, then Silent Burning, then Opening Ceremony, and finally this.
    Konami: We smoked a shit load of crack.

Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Activate while this card is face up? Then activate another on the next turn.

Thorns is also unlimited.

Not saying it's the best strategy. But it's something fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Activate while this card is face up? Then activate another on the next turn.

Thorns is also unlimited.

Not saying it's the best strategy. But it's something fun.
    Rather, that + Greed
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.