User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [INOV] Present Card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    The thing about being restricted to Resonators is, that there are only 3 good tools which are Red, Synkron and Chain, the latter not being run at several copies or at all. You would have to max out the Calls and Red Resonators to actually go for that Crystal Wing which is a) not always possible (about 57% in a 40 card deck) and b) fair for those conditions. This is not like a D/D Tuner that can be fetched out in about 100% of the cases, which makes D/D Alexander safe to run.

Running an Extra Deck Monster that is not always accessable should atleast have the advantage of going for a BIG play. And instead of going for this and waiting for a Red Res in hand, I and probably almost anyone else would prefer a more generic and secure tool like Stardust Charge Warrior.

So at the moment the best this card can do is summoning a quick Red-Deamons Abyss. That would require having a Level 3 Resonator in the Graveyard, and as we all know, all Level 3 Resonators don't do absolutely ANYTHING (except for Creation a little bit). So if you max out one Level 3 Resonators and have a Level 3 non Tuner that can be summoned as well (let's say Taketomborg), you will end your turn with an Abyss, and only with a probability of estimated 30%.
    This exactly is the issue. There is WAY better stuff that can do that. Summoning Scarright can be done quickly by summoning Red + Level Modifier/Primitive Butterfly and the like. Summoning Abyss an be done quickly by summoning a Primitive with two Resonators OR a Level 5 discard SSer (The Tricky, Galaxy Soldier) and a Junk Synchron and the list goes on. These are way better and don't waste a precious Extra Deck Spot for a card whose only purpose it is to summon a bigger monster, that can already be summoned in way better AND non restrictive ways.

I don't mind the Resonator Restriction IF it would go for more than just an Abyss or the like. It's just that the impact to requirement ratio is horrible
    We're also comparing the upgraded form of a rank 8 to the equivalent of a rank 3. I think blade dragon deserves to be a bit more powerful.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    We're also comparing the upgraded form of a rank 8 to the equivalent of a rank 3. I think blade dragon deserves to be a bit more powerful.
    Considering that the Rank 8 Upgrade has Over Blue-Eyes ATK, doesn't have to kill your cards as well, and is literally Monster Reborn for ANYTHING, it's not even close to the Rank 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Considering that the Rank 8 Upgrade has Over Blue-Eyes ATK, doesn't have to kill your cards as well, and is literally Monster Reborn for ANYTHING, it's not even close to the Rank 3
    I think Baconator was saying that the Lv6 Synchro is essentially a Rk3 in terms of investment, and theoretically a Rk8 should be much better than a Rk3. I mean, we both know that the current meta spams Rk8s quite easily, but that's a different problem imop.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    I think Baconator was saying that the Lv6 Synchro is essentially a Rk3 in terms of investment, and theoretically a Rk8 should be much better than a Rk3. I mean, we both know that the current meta spams Rk8s quite easily, but that's a different problem imop.
    He just said "comparing a R3 to a R8 Evolution".
    It's not nearly the same kind of invesment. You need a Specific Monster, instead of any 2 Level 3. That makes a hell of a difference. That's about the same investment as Gorgonic Guardian, which would be more of a justified level for Rising
    Levels/Ranks don't mean anything today. 10 used to mean being a God, now it means you're a fucking train. It's just a matter of tiny differences. It's strong enough, actually way too strong, considering what R8 alraedy does

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Red Rising Dragon
    Lv6/Dragon/DARK/Synchro
    2100 ATK/ 1600 DEF

Materials: 1 "Resonator" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
    When this card is Synchro Summoned, target 1 "Resonator" monster in your graveyard: Special Summon that monster, also, for the rest of this turn, you cannot summon monsters from your Extra Deck except DARK Dragon-Type Monsters. Once per turn, except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard, you can banish this monster: target 1 "Red Dragon Archfiend"/DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster monster in your graveyard; Special Summon it

My take on the effect. Can be usefull back-up plan for Red Daemon. Expect Return of the Dragon Lords does a better job. Also, F*CK restrictions on fair cards ! Why did this card not a 1-card Crystal Wing ? WHY ?
    Because Crystal Wing is powerful enough already without giving it an Infinity esque summon skip.
    Sanokal