User Tag List

Thread: Pianissimo vs. Moon Mirror SHield

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Pianissimo vs. Moon Mirror SHield

Say I have a monster equipped with Moon Mirror Shield, and I activate Pianissimo to reduce its ATK to 100 and make it immune to battle or effect destruction. I then battle, activating Moon Mirror Shield's effect during the damage step. Will it override the reduction Pianissimo gave the monster?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Moon Mirror Shield" completely overrides any ATK modification, because it says: "The equipped monster's ATK and DEF become equal to the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the opponent's battling monster +100, during damage calculation only."; it defines a new value for the ATK and DEF stats, regardless.

As another note: "Pianissimo" makes the original ATK of a monster 100. That means if its ATK was previously modified, the original ATK will be changed to 100 and then the modifiers will be added/subtracted to those 100. You can read more at https://ygorganization.com/learnrulingspart12/.