Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [TDIL] Subterror cards revealed

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TDIL] Subterror cards revealed

There’s that city we saw before and a particularly large individual for you.

The Hidden City
    Field Spell Card
    When this card is activated: You can add 1 “Subterror” monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can change 1 face-down Defense Position “Subterror” monster you control to face-up Attack or Defense Position. Once per turn: when an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can change 1 face-down Defense Position “Subterror” monster you control to face-up Attack or Defense Position, then you can negate the attack. You can only activate 1 “The Hidden City” per turn.

Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo
    EARTH/Rock
    Level 10
    Flip/Effect
    2800/2100
    FLIP: You can discard 1 “Subterror” monster, and if you do, draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of “Subterror Behemoth Stalagmo” once per turn. When a face-up monster you control is flipped face-down, if you control no face-up monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position.
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/tdil-subt...ards-revealed/ - Ness

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Field Spell: Scrap Iron Scarecrow + whatever the fuck happens when they get flipped.

Behemoth: Eh

Doesn't look like the Archtype that's supposed to become meta so far. Except if their Flip Effects are retardedly broke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, they're enhanced versions of the old flip-rock monsters. Interesting (y'know, I think I use that word way too much on here...) I still dunno if flipping Rocks from face-up ATK to face-down DEF would activate "Attack the Moon!", but this could be a good way of finding out...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Field spell's basically the Stratos, and on activation too. 1 attack negate though is....not that great imo. Stalagmo's draw engine, sure.

Edit: Okay so I'm somewhat okay with these guys being called Subterrors now instead of Shambala because these guys don't look mystic, they look ugly af. It's like you took a BA monster and forced down their throats a Pokemon evolution stone, except they became solid rock afterwards instead of something either derpy or cool
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 9th July 2016 at 09:31 PM.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds playabe at least. But they look like they will brick a lot. Also. Is this card name a refference to Stalagh ?
    Last edited by King; 9th July 2016 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Also. Is this card name a refference to Stalagh ?
    It's more likely a reference to stalagmites.

As for whether these guys'll brick or not, I'm itching to see the other monsters of the archetype. Who knows, they might've learned a thing or two from U.A. and Kaiju (read: might make it possible to field them easily WITHOUT relying on a single card or enemy action).

Until that happens, though, I'm sorely tempted to say these guys might benefit from some Flip Rock friends (this guy in particular would, at any rate; Normal Summon a Golem Sentry, use its effect to flip it face-down, and that suddenly yields Stalagmo).

EDIT: As a fun aside, I just realized why Stalagmo has a hard OPT clause on his Flip Effect; the field's geared in such a way that you could theoretically flip a single Subterror face-up twice in one turn (City flip, Subterror FD, Flip Summon, Subterror FD). As another fun aside, I get why they bundled such an effect into the Field Spell -- helps keep Subterrors safe from summon hate (other than Solemn Strike, but that's its own kettle of fish).
    Last edited by Baroque; 9th July 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip effect Rock's huh? I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest question is if they are all gonna be high level but have similar summoning conditions to Stalagmo.
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    So, they're enhanced versions of the old flip-rock monsters. Interesting (y'know, I think I use that word way too much on here...) I still dunno if flipping Rocks from face-up ATK to face-down DEF would activate "Attack the Moon!", but this could be a good way of finding out...
    If I'm thinking of the chain right and the wording of AtM the first chain link would be Stalagmo since monster effect that on any kind start the chain off so with that in mind chain link two would be AtM also I think of you opponent has crystal wing and you flip Stalagmo and have AtM on your field I think your opponent can't negate Stalagmo because AtM would activate right after since they activate at the both at the same time.

In the Subterror Nemesis's we trust god bless The Hidden City.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if things will turn out in a way that'll make Exodd usable in this deck. I wanna say not happening.

I do expect some sort of bullshit from them. I can feel it.

Like one of them saying "when this monster is Flip Summoned, send all monsters your opponent controls to the graveyard" with the potential effect of doing something else when it does battle damage. Mostly some boss monster, idk.

I'm not saying banish but if there were to be one that did that instead...

Too early to judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSW View Post
    I wonder if things will turn out in a way that'll make Exodd usable in this deck. I wanna say not happening.

I do expect some sort of bullshit from them. I can feel it.

Like one of them saying "when this monster is Flip Summoned, send all monsters your opponent controls to the graveyard" with the potential effect of doing something else when it does battle damage. Mostly some boss monster, idk.

I'm not saying banish but if there were to be one that did that instead...

Too early to judge.
    I just hope they don't do something like "When this monster is flipped face up: Send all of your opponent's monsters from the field to the graveyard." If it had that then I'd cry
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)