User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Right ratio for Pendulum decks.

  1. #1
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Right ratio for Pendulum decks.

    I keep seeing Pendulum decks with a ton of monsters and a handful of support Spells and Traps, and I've been told to up my monster count to reflect that, but honestly, I've tried playing a Pendulum deck with more than 24 monsters, and it bricked HARD, and this was against a cheapo Lunalight deck. Am I just not playing the deck right? What is the optimal ration of monsters to spells/traps in a Pendulum deck?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  2. #2
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I keep seeing Pendulum decks with a ton of monsters and a handful of support Spells and Traps, and I've been told to up my monster count to reflect that, but honestly, I've tried playing a Pendulum deck with more than 24 monsters, and it bricked HARD, and this was against a cheapo Lunalight deck. Am I just not playing the deck right? What is the optimal ration of monsters to spells/traps in a Pendulum deck?
    Depends entirely on the Deck.. Just because something is Pendulum, doesn't it mean they are played the same

  3. #3
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres no Univeral Ratio, its not like that 20/10/10 Monster spell trap thing that stopped being accurate Almost a decade ago

    too many factors, most notably searching power

    the reason you are bricking with 24 monsters is because its a lunalight deck, and you were probably modeling it after Dracopals or something
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  4. #4
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many pendulums do you use? With enough searching, I find 6 high scale, 6 low scale to be enough (plus whatever else you want to summon). Lunalights might be difficult to do a pendulum build, because their strategy is all about using more lunalights to fuse, and they only have one set of scales. Plus you need the actual fusion cards to do that.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    How many pendulums do you use? With enough searching, I find 6 high scale, 6 low scale to be enough (plus whatever else you want to summon). Lunalights might be difficult to do a pendulum build, because their strategy is all about using more lunalights to fuse, and they only have one set of scales. Plus you need the actual fusion cards to do that.
    He says he was playing AGAINST a lunalight deck.

  6. #6
    Registered User R3QU13M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    THE D4RK D00R
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To limit bricking, factoring your scale retrieval methods helps alot. Qli are a good example to provide for grabbing scales since they primarily use Saqlifice, Scout, and Summoner's Art or drawing into them with Card of Demise and Monolith. So basically you have to consider what are you using to get your scales versus the ratio ideology. Because once thats discovered you'll begin adding and cutting cards to your own rhythmic ratio that works best for you in your decks.

  7. #7
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deck in question is a Dracorivals Dino Cavalry build, with 24 monsters, 21 of which were pendulums, with a ratio of high to low scales being 4/3 in favor of the low scales (so 12 low, 9 high). That's my current build, but I tried it with more Pendulums, for a total of 29-30 monsters, and it just failed hard.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  8. #8
    Registered User R3QU13M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    THE D4RK D00R
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    The deck in question is a Dracorivals Dino Cavalry build, with 24 monsters, 21 of which were pendulums, with a ratio of high to low scales being 4/3 in favor of the low scales (so 12 low, 9 high). That's my current build, but I tried it with more Pendulums, for a total of 29-30 monsters, and it just failed hard.
    Could you provide us with a list of scales you're using?

  9. #9
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lector Pendulum x3
    Vector Pendulum x3
    Master Pendulum x3
    Cavalry Dinon x3
    Cavalry Reptier x3
    Cavalry Cxulub x3
    Luster Pendulum x1
    Rescue Hamster x2
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  10. #10
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Lector Pendulum x3
    Vector Pendulum x3
    Master Pendulum x3
    Cavalry Dinon x3
    Cavalry Reptier x3
    Cavalry Cxulub x3
    Luster Pendulum x1
    Rescue Hamster x2
    you do know that luster Dragon is limited in both formats right?
    EDIT: Ignore that, misread Lector as Luster
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •