2 Breakthrough Skill

3 Burgesstoma Anomalocaris
    3 Burgesstoma Opabinia
    2 Sky Cavalry Centaurea
    2 Daigusto Phoenix
    1 Cat Shark
    1 Armored Kappa
    3 Downerd Magician
    Last edited by Lord Bunilla; 6th November 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed the deck around a bit with new cards, have to test it as soon as I get the new Burgesstoma cards.
    Last edited by Lord Bunilla; 6th November 2015 at 11:26 AM.

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're playing matches instead of singles (and you shouldn't be doing singles) or even another Reasoning in game 1 you are going to lose the call guaranteed. That's pretty crummy even if you're milling a bunch of Burgesstoma (and you won't always be doing so). It may be hard to find a good monster that's not Level 2 but I suggest you consider it, because playing Reasoning and hitting a lone Dupe or Swap is just gonna suck. Even Infernoid tries to include at least one Normal Summon level besides 1 so they still have a chance to field something.

Galaxy Cyclone is also a very poor choice. There is no reason to play a less versatile MST before MST. I know Cyclone seems more powerful on the surface but it suffers from fundamental flaws, such as the Grave effect being slow and also a hard OPT. This means if your opponent has multiple relevant face-up S/T you'll probably lose.

There is almost no reason to run so many dupe Xyz Monsters. Centaurea and Phoenix are not multiple-ofs, and frankly I would run only 2 of Downerd. Those 3 slots will give you more options, which is the main advantage of the Xyz mechanic. I'd personally suggest Shining Elf (a highly useful and relevant effect on an okay body for the rank), Herald of Pure Light (lets you get away with less copies of Xyz Monsters and can also be relevant to get a graved Swap back), and Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (what makes it better than Cat Shark in some contexts is the boost applies during both turns, making it harder for them to overcome your board. This deck has an issue of not being able to survive and/or clear out any durable monster with 2500+ ATK, especially if you're forced to kill it by battle).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your inputs.

I have those cards in RL, so I'm not using them on DN. But I obviously don't want to rely on my opponent being surprised. It is true, that I thought about different versions of the deck and I'm testing the waters (quite literally). I will put in some more thoughts.

(A note about Galaxy Cyclone: I included it due to Reasoning. But your points are alright.)