User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Konami's Rapid Descent to Bankruptcy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the franchises they're just sitting on doing nothing with; I'm still waiting for a sequel or reboot to Bloody Roar, and really waiting for the Castlevania game that tells the tale of what happened in 1999, as hinted by Aria and Dawn of Sorrow, and my boyfriend's waiting for the next Gradius game. These are highly unlikely to happen, but if they're wanting to be serious about being a gaming company, they need to delve into these franchises and mine the well, so to speak.

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that's the point, they're not serious about AAA game development. That's not a sustainable market and Konami is fortunate to have a lot of other areas to focus on, many of them older than the game studio. It sucks but it's still better than American studios routinely shedding large portions of their workforce between major projects and a lot of developers are forced into a career where they're contract workers with zero job security.

It sucks Kojima and some other talented people are likely looking for something else to do but in terms of the overall game studio atmosphere this is roughly typical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but if they're wanting to be serious about being a gaming company
    They aren't. They're serious about being a slots company.