User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 74 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiMario View Post

Literally what Dennis did in this episode.

Absolutely amazing, I thought he was just gonna' summon a Entermage Fusion, but him going all out Ancient Gear is incredible.
    I was expecting a John Cena moment....happy, but slightly disappointed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh! The 777 Opening is still here! I guess we're gonna suffer from it at least one more time, huh..?

So far, the duel has been going great. I love how Dennis criticizes Shun for doing the exact same opening moves as in his previous duel against him, saying that entertainment is all about surprising. And he indeed suprised us: not only he reveals quite the big bunch of new Entermage cards, but then, when it was thought that he'll be making an Entermage Fusion, nope! He magically changes his deck's theme
    His Academia Psycho Mode also feels much less psychotic than Sora's (speaking of which, glad to see you're finally coming back, buddy!)

So is Dennis initially part of the Obelisk Force? If so, do all Obelisk Force soldiers look like Dennis?
    Nah, considering Shun will completely lose his cool, it's probably something much bigger than that.

Also, Reiji is suprisingly calm despite the big revelation. Either he was aware of the situation, which wouldn't be surprising, or the shock made him forget what emotions are. I guess we'll have to wait for a translation to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does this guy not brick everyday. Entermage AND Ancient Gear in the same deck.

Whatever, time to otk through a Voltron.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ancient Gear Chaos Giant Remind anyone else of a Zaku or Voltron?
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shun's so drunk, his Ruris can have their Rank doubled now. It gets me even more hyped to see a Rank 12 Raptor.

Also, they need to make up their minds on how Revolution Falcon's summoning animation looks like. In this context, the usual dark and somewhat unsettling Xyz Summon animation would've been more fitting. The chicken on fire one didn't make as much of an impact as when it was used to beat the hell out of Sora.
    Last edited by HelixReactor; 20th September 2015 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluh, Shun's recent (or not-so recent) cards severely need a buff in the TCG. Skull Eagle is currently too hard to use effectively because Devil Eagle is trash and those are the only LV3s. Last Strix is trash; even if they get a RK1, I doubt it'll be worth it. It needs a built-in Level modifier at the very least (perhaps a Photon Satellite-esque effect, but then several RRs require 3 Materials, so...). Skull Eagle and Last Strix being the sole targets for Call thereby make it trash, even if they remove the attacking restriction (would be better off to not have the level restriction, keep the same name restriction, and replace attack restriction by only allowing RR summons that turn). Death Double Force would only be good if it said "up to double its Rank" unless we get Ranks 8, 10, or 12, and even then it's too situational to be good. Furthermore, requiring destruction by battle is exceptionally limiting. Target Flag is... weird, in that it doesn't seem RR specific, and it's a Jar of Greed with benefits, I guess. Reactor is unrevealed.

As for Dennis, I find it odd that his Fusions are just standard Obelisk Force shit, especially considering the uniqueness of Sora's deck in comparison. I would have hoped that there would have been stuff to take away the Entermages from RK4 spam, but apparently not. I wonder if we'll get some cross support between Em and Antique Gear (dear Numeron Dragon, no) resulting in a clusterfuck possibility of EMEm-Odd-Eyes-Magician-Gear (NO). I think the duel was rather boring in that Shun does the exact same first turn (almost) and furthermore fails to activate Devil Eagle's effect at the very start of Dennis' turn, targeting itself, despite what happened last time. The rest was just kind of Dennis spamming Xyz with Ems specialized for that exact purpose and then oh hey Revolution Falcon out of fucking nowhere and then Dennis noping out of Shun's counterattacks using equally specialized Em effects and then MWAHAHAHA I AM ACADEMIA NO ONE SAW THIS COMING, and then surprise, Antique Gears. I do think Chaos Giant looks kinda cool though.

On a somewhat random note, Revolution Falcon suddenly gets a tail flamethrower for its Rank-Up effect instead of just carpet bombing as it did to Mad Chimaera? And I like how for this duel specifically, it attacks monsters one by one instead of all at once as it did against Obelisk Force (as well as Rise Falcon's Brave Claw Revolution), for the sole sake of having Dennis survive. Hurr.

Hopefully next episode will be better.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order:
    1) the last Extra Booster buffed cards like there wasn't a tomorrow, and now ALL, I say ALL of the Phantom Knights cards (even the trap) floats, so there are good chances the RR planned for that pack will be the next useful monster since we got Fuzzy and Singing;
    2) Dennis as Obelisk Force chief is not bad, because the grunts will never get decent screentime so we need a Obelisk General to show off the deck, also, I'm glad Shun didn't even need to vary his strategy to deal with Dennis, it was like "I ain't needing creativity to kick your ass";
    3)Well, when they are OTKing fodder they go flashy but attacking all monsters together is not formally correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still love how the traitor has gotten the most pendulums from Reiji.

Real talk though, we should have seen Dennis being outed this early BECAUSE of his rampant use of pendulums. They needed to show off all the new Em pendulums they designed before they switched Dennis to Ancient Gears :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I always do a brief reaction post to most episodes on NAC, may as well do that here, too.

Well, damn.

I was not expecting the preview to be so accurate that Dennis managed to surprise the viewers, too. I never expected Ancient Gears. And I couldn't be happier. I was worried this reveal would be a bit boring since we've known Dennis is Academia forever already. Revealing it this way and having him use Ancient Gears kept the reveal fresh for us, too.

Reiji, I know you wanted to give the Lancers Pendulums, but why did you give Dennis TWELVE of them? This really makes me want to see the rest of the Lancers use Pendulums more (or you know, at all in some cases).

Shun just broke the record of most RUMs used by one Duelist in the anime. I'm not sure this was strictly needed. I don't see why he doesn't use the existing RUMs he's already used. That being said, the Rank doubling effect is awesome.

On a related note, we have the full of effect of Ultimate Hound Dog now: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient...mate_Hound_Dog
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering what Ultimate Dogs Fusion Material would be...

I don't like that Rank-Up isn't treated as anything special anymore. makes me feel like they may pass on bringing back Accel Synchro too
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.