User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SPDS/EP16] Destiny HERO - Celestial & Dogoran's Japanese Name

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They kind of downgraded Celestial's first effect. That sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quincy, can you do an article on D-Heroes? I'm not sure how to play this deck at all. The cards seem to have no real end game, and I'm not sure what the deck is supposed to do.

Dystopiaguy works with Dynamiteguy and Deadlyguy but not much else. Deadlyguy mills and supports Dystopiaguy, but it's not really often you have both on the field together. Even if you do, how long will they last? Why does Diamond Dude not work with this strat at all. Diamond Dude and Dark Angel work together, but it requires so much setup and no disruption by your opponent. And then this card adds consistency if you have no hand, but you sometimes want to hold Dynamiteguy or have a dead Plasma or Malicious. I'm just not sure what to do here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing some testing with Celestial and I can say that Celestial is quite good depending on your build combination with Deadlyguy. Sort of makes you wonder do you even need Disk Commander, which I'm kinda expecting to come of the list for TCG to promote this pack along with CED too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krom90 View Post
    Quincy, can you do an article on D-Heroes? I'm not sure how to play this deck at all. The cards seem to have no real end game, and I'm not sure what the deck is supposed to do.

Dystopiaguy works with Dynamiteguy and Deadlyguy but not much else. Deadlyguy mills and supports Dystopiaguy, but it's not really often you have both on the field together. Even if you do, how long will they last? Why does Diamond Dude not work with this strat at all. Diamond Dude and Dark Angel work together, but it requires so much setup and no disruption by your opponent. And then this card adds consistency if you have no hand, but you sometimes want to hold Dynamiteguy or have a dead Plasma or Malicious. I'm just not sure what to do here.

It's on my list of things to do. But in case I don't get to it soon enough for you:

The general idea is that they are the opposite of Shaddolls. Pretty much polar opposite. Instead of gaining all of your card advantage (and more) WHILE Fusion Summoning, you gain all of your advantage back after your first wave of Fusions fall. So in other words, the D-HERO deck is designed to throw all of their hand into Fusion Summons, go for the OTK, then recover on the next turn to be able to do it again.

How does this work?
    Basically, you use a small E-HERO engine to provide the Fusion consistency (Polymerization, Blazeman, Shadow Mist) plus searchers (E - Emergency Call, Foolish), you run D-HEROs that want to be in the Graveyard (Dynamite, Celestial, Angel, Malicious), you run D-HEROs for combo potential if you don't have Poly or access to it (Diamond Dude, Drillguy, Decisionguy), then you fill out the rest of the deck with draw cards and s/t removal.

Now - your Main Win Condition isn't actually the D-HERO Fusions!!! KEY POINT!!! Let me repeat that - YOU DO NOT RELY COMPLETELY ON DYSTOPIAGUY AND DEADLYGUY. In fact, most of your wins will be coming from the Vision HEROs. Adoration + Trinity is effectively GG if your opponent has 2 monsters, and sometimes Trinity is game all by itself. While it is tough to get both of these monsters consistently out on the same turn, it does happen with the absolute speed you have in drawing through the deck. Also, never forget that Dynamiteguy can add the final 1000 damage to end the duel if you are that close!

Hopefully this helps string you along until I actually get a full article up about them. In regards to that, might as well put out an FYI - I am thinking about starting an 'Evolution in Design' series of articles on Subterror and SPYRAL, that should debut next week, and it will explain how to run the deck in its current state (with future articles each time new support drops over the course of the year). Then, D-HERO will be in contention with Cubics/Darklord/Abyss Actor, because all of those themes really need a bit of love and appreciation. But yeah, I have a bunch of ideas, just need to figure out the order and calendar to present all of them!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Factor in Mask Change and you can keep attacking for big damage.

D-HERO -> Anki -> Dark Law.

EDIT: Also, the deck can make Starve Venom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quincymccoy View Post
    It's on my list of things to do. But in case I don't get to it soon enough for you:

The general idea is that they are the opposite of Shaddolls. Pretty much polar opposite. Instead of gaining all of your card advantage (and more) WHILE Fusion Summoning, you gain all of your advantage back after your first wave of Fusions fall. So in other words, the D-HERO deck is designed to throw all of their hand into Fusion Summons, go for the OTK, then recover on the next turn to be able to do it again.

How does this work?
    Basically, you use a small E-HERO engine to provide the Fusion consistency (Polymerization, Blazeman, Shadow Mist) plus searchers (E - Emergency Call, Foolish), you run D-HEROs that want to be in the Graveyard (Dynamite, Celestial, Angel, Malicious), you run D-HEROs for combo potential if you don't have Poly or access to it (Diamond Dude, Drillguy, Decisionguy), then you fill out the rest of the deck with draw cards and s/t removal.

Now - your Main Win Condition isn't actually the D-HERO Fusions!!! KEY POINT!!! Let me repeat that - YOU DO NOT RELY COMPLETELY ON DYSTOPIAGUY AND DEADLYGUY. In fact, most of your wins will be coming from the Vision HEROs. Adoration + Trinity is effectively GG if your opponent has 2 monsters, and sometimes Trinity is game all by itself. While it is tough to get both of these monsters consistently out on the same turn, it does happen with the absolute speed you have in drawing through the deck. Also, never forget that Dynamiteguy can add the final 1000 damage to end the duel if you are that close!

Hopefully this helps string you along until I actually get a full article up about them. In regards to that, might as well put out an FYI - I am thinking about starting an 'Evolution in Design' series of articles on Subterror and SPYRAL, that should debut next week, and it will explain how to run the deck in its current state (with future articles each time new support drops over the course of the year). Then, D-HERO will be in contention with Cubics/Darklord/Abyss Actor, because all of those themes really need a bit of love and appreciation. But yeah, I have a bunch of ideas, just need to figure out the order and calendar to present all of them!
    That definitely helps elucidate things, Quincy. You the man. Going to test adding Vision Heroes and relying on them for the win condition more often. Really excited to reading your new series, especially when you get to Abyss actors and Darklords!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Factor in Mask Change and you can keep attacking for big damage.

D-HERO -> Anki -> Dark Law.

EDIT: Also, the deck can make Starve Venom.
    TBH, you don't even need the Mask Changes. Plus, your extra really doesn't have room for that. You want Starve, multiple copies of Dystopia and Deadly, the Vision HEROs, R4NKs, R6NKs... Yeah, you really don't have room for Masked HEROes at all. The current Masked HERO deck featuring Mist & Bubbleman and pretty much no other HEROes does Maskeds a lot better, and without sacrificing consistency. D-HERO decks would lose their options if you tried to stuff in too many Maskeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if you're gonna use masked heros then you will have to focus a lot less in the d-heros.

Masked heros are still the best hero deck but I'm pretty sure that pure d-hero will be more fun to use!

Registered User Hoozuki_Suigetsu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
    Yeah if you're gonna use masked heros then you will have to focus a lot less in the d-heros.

Masked heros are still the best hero deck but I'm pretty sure that pure d-hero will be more fun to use!

Exactly !! use masked heros is just a waste of time, i don't even run e-hero shadow mist/blazeman, just d-heroes

I didn't notice until now but we don't have any female d-hero ^ Konami give us our waifu

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoozuki_Suigetsu View Post
    Exactly !! use masked heros is just a waste of time, i don't even run e-hero shadow mist/blazeman, just d-heroes

I didn't notice until now but we don't have any female d-hero ^ Konami give us our waifu
    Destiny HERO Dominatrix?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.