User Tag List

Thread: [OCG] Destiny Soldiers: Darklord reprint

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] Destiny Soldiers: Darklord reprint

If you are waiting for the trio or Reficule, you may wanna hold your breath.

Darklord Zerato has been confirmed as a reprint in Booster SP: Destiny Soldiers. Which is great since it had spiked to about three times its price.
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/ocg-desti...klord-reprint/ - Ness

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the point of reprints. Do they have some "unaffected by other card effects" ef I dont know about?
    I could understand if it was a completely different art work but just changing the resolution or SLIGHTLY changing the colors and calling it a reprint is just stupid. Its literally a waste of ink.
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    Whats the point of reprints. Do they have some "unaffected by other card effects" ef I dont know about?
    I could understand if it was a completely different art work but just changing the resolution or SLIGHTLY changing the colors and calling it a reprint is just stupid. Its literally a waste of ink.
    to make a older, hard to get, or suddenly relevant card more available. example TCG Trishula comes of the banlist, it hadn't been printed in nearly 5 years, so they put it in Highspeed riders for us so we don't have to buy a long out of print card for $500 on the internet. and so Konami actually gets that money
    in this case, Darklord Zerato hadn't been printed in the OCG since 2008. since it is a Darklord and works with the new darklord stuff, they print the old darklord. simple as that

the OCG doesn't reprint things anywhere near as often as the TCG, so if they missed out on something it's not as easy to get a hold of. especially in cases like Trish, who if it wasn't reprinted shortly after the it came off the list would have been worth way more than what most would be willing to spend on a card in the secondary market.

TLDR, it keeps old cards from having some ludicrous price attached when they get new support or come off the list, and make it more available to people that weren't playing the game during its original printing. very necessary.

Imagine how many copies of MST you'd have if the only print of it was the Ultra Rare in Magic/Spell Ruler from 2002? this game would be a LOT Different
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 27th July 2016 at 06:59 PM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    to make a older, hard to get, or suddenly relevant card more available. example TCG Trishula comes of the banlist, it hadn't been printed in nearly 5 years, so they put it in Highspeed riders for us so we don't have to buy a long out of print card for $500 on the internet. and so Konami actually gets that money
    in this case, Darklord Zerato hadn't been printed in the OCG since 2008. since it is a Darklord and works with the new darklord stuff, they print the old darklord. simple as that

the OCG doesn't reprint things anywhere near as often as the TCG, so if they missed out on something it's not as easy to get a hold of. especially in cases like Trish, who if it wasn't reprinted shortly after the it came off the list would have been worth way more than what most would be willing to spend on a card in the secondary market.

TLDR, it keeps old cards from having some ludicrous price attached when they get new support or come off the list, and make it more available to people that weren't playing the game during its original printing. very necessary.

Imagine how many copies of MST you'd have if the only print of it was the Ultra Rare in Magic/Spell Ruler from 2002? this game would be a LOT Different
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You're the first to give me an explanation i can understand.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, reprints are important for people that play paper YGO. Simulator players don't have to care about giving money to Konami until lawsuits are involved.

It has been a slow news cycle for the game. Hoping for some interesting stuff next month.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Yeah, reprints are important for people that play paper YGO. Simulator players don't have to care about giving money to Konami until lawsuits are involved.

It has been a slow news cycle for the game. Hoping for some interesting stuff next month.
    Well, next month's V-Jump will have the first info about Raging Tempest and the rest of the Structure Deck R stuff.
    Unfortunately, I think we won't get anything about Fusion Enforcers or Dimension Box until the next Issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    Well, next month's V-Jump will have the first info about Raging Tempest and the rest of the Structure Deck R stuff.
    Unfortunately, I think we won't get anything about Fusion Enforcers or Dimension Box until the next Issue.
    I have a feeling next month's V-Jump is gonna focus on the Extra Pack, so there won't be many interesting things for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    I wonder if Raging tempest could turn out to be Reijing temptest, like Raging(Reijing) masters. Even tho it wasnt a set specifically for DD