Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SPDS/EP16] Destiny HERO - Celestial & Dogoran's Japanese Name

The last of Edo/Aster’s Destiny HEROes from GX is revealed! And the Japanese name of the headliner of the Kaijus!

Destiny HERO – Divineguy / Destiny HERO – Celestial
    Level 4 DARK Warrior-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    DEF 1400
    You can only use the (2) effect of “Destiny HERO – Celestial” once per turn.
    (1) When this card declares an attack: You can target 1 face-up Spell Card your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
    (2) During your turn, except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, if you have no cards in your hand: You can banish this card and 1 “Destiny HERO” monster from your Graveyard; draw 2 cards.

Dogoran the Mad Flame Kaiju is 怒炎壊獣ドゴラン Doen Kaijyuu Dogoran. Which is literally a Japanese reading of its TCG Name. Of note however is the theme isn’t怪獣 (Kaijyuu, the generalized term for Movie Monsters like this, literally meaning Strange Beast), it’s壊獣 (Kaijyuu), which reads “Destruction Beast”, so a play on words.
    Source 1: Destiny Soldiers Commerical
    Source 2
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/celestial-dogoran/ - NeoArkadia

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it is not bad. Being to pop a spell is ok but it is on attack. The second effect can help as well. However it doesn't help with my disappointment of d hero support. Gx ones aren't bad BUT the arc v ones are meh/bad.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    I guess it is not bad. Being to pop a spell is ok but it is on attack. The second effect can help as well. However it doesn't help with my disappointment of d hero support. Gx ones aren't bad BUT the arc v ones are meh/bad.
    I'm tempted to say that for what they made it, they made it great. I mean, yes it's on-attack, but on the plus side it doesn't need to be a successful attack. In fact, it works if it declares an attack, so I find myself wondering if it'll work even if its attack is being/would be negated (as the timing is 'when this card declares an attack') or otherwise frustrated (hi, Prison-whose-first-word-is-also-abbreviated-to-'D'). Even without that, though, the fact that he'll work even if his attack doesn't puts him in a good position, especially with the second effect they added on (which means that a dead Celestial is just a future investment for a rainy day).

A small part of me wonders how obnoxious he could get with a D - Shield, a Captain Tenacious, or perhaps both (or, better, Tenacious with something a bit more effective targeting him).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Ultra Dogoran

Damn it, I want that. Gonna cry if the rest of the Kaiju over there are holo'ed out.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Konami have a mission to make all D-HEROs medicore to bad? what the hell is a "face-up Spell card"? at least make it face-up any backrow, or better yet, any backrow. it's already bad enough that it's on attack.
    The draw effect ain't that bad, but it needs an empty hand to activate, which is understandable. at least it doesn't require an empty field as well like a certain E-HERO.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm incredibly disappointed in all of this D HERO support. Dystopiaguy is about the best they got, and they didn't even get a good fusion spell to go with him and Deadlyguy. Celestial seems extremely weak all around. They gave him a backrow popping effect, but it's only on battle, and it's only against face-up spells. What? So continuous spells, field spells, and pendulums? For shame, Konami, for shame.

Registered User Hoozuki_Suigetsu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i can't destroy my monster absorbed by plasma with this card in order to steal another monster each turn? And i can't destroy my own clock tower prision? WTF? Why only enemy cards? This makes no sense, this sould be at least "destroy a face-up S/T when any d-hero declares an attack"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much hate as Celestial is getting, it is actually pretty good at mitigating a specific problem the deck currently has.

Right now, the D-HERO deck truly suffers from running out of resources to use. You fusion, and then... whoops. You're out of advantage. Really, that second effect is going to come in handy. As for it's first, I sorta see it like Decisionguy - it's just there as a bonus if you need it, but not really required. Sure, regular poly is not everyone's favorite card to use, but it does work here in D-HERO due to the synergy with Blazeman.

I agree that a Parallel World Fusion would be really helpful to the deck, but I'm still not convinced that D-HERO will be as poor as everyone is making them out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quincy, can you do an article on D-Heroes? I'm not sure how to play this deck at all. The cards seem to have no real end game, and I'm not sure what the deck is supposed to do.

Dystopiaguy works with Dynamiteguy and Deadlyguy but not much else. Deadlyguy mills and supports Dystopiaguy, but it's not really often you have both on the field together. Even if you do, how long will they last? Why does Diamond Dude not work with this strat at all. Diamond Dude and Dark Angel work together, but it requires so much setup and no disruption by your opponent. And then this card adds consistency if you have no hand, but you sometimes want to hold Dynamiteguy or have a dead Plasma or Malicious. I'm just not sure what to do here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing some testing with Celestial and I can say that Celestial is quite good depending on your build combination with Deadlyguy. Sort of makes you wonder do you even need Disk Commander, which I'm kinda expecting to come of the list for TCG to promote this pack along with CED too.